It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:24 pm 

fat cases are the norm for all Region B UK releases unlike the US releases which has a thin case

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:52 am 

kailashu wrote:
fat cases are the norm for all Region B UK releases unlike the US releases which has a thin case

The thin case is so much more elegant and practical. I personally fail to understand why anyone would want to use the fat case. After all there is nothing that cannot be done with the slim case that can be done with fat case. Also, I am sure the thin cases are more enviromentally friendly, since they use less plastic.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:51 pm 

IMHO, cases are least of our problems. We need to focus more on ensuring that we get better quality when it comes to authoring. One can always buy cases for ourselves and recycle the fat cases.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:18 am 

bhaskar wrote:
How's the quality of the Rocket Singh BD?

Please see Sanjay's post, at this link.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:16 am 

Sanjay wrote:
Anurag1700 wrote:
Stephen, if you are reading this, can u reconfirm ur statement if the audio for songs is really taken from audio cd? I am a big fan of the original dolby spectral track on the film and this clarification would really affect my decision of buying the BD. Thanks

Anurag, you may rest assured that the BD contains the same original Dolby Stereo audio track that the pirated DVD did. Yes, the Male chorus audio is encoded in the left channel and the Female chorus is in right channel in the 'Mehndi Lagake Rakhna' song. Although, personally I don't understand the logic of why it is encoded that way considering that the sounds should move to where ever the characters move and not be stationary as it is in this very ordinary sound mix. For such a prestigious release 'Yash Raj' should have gone back to the original losslesss audio stems and remixed the whole soundtrack and then re-encoded it to DTS-HD MA 5.1 I suppose it will come a few years later so that Yash Raj can milk us again for this title.

Sanjay, - I Just bought the Blu Ray of DDLJ and I am afraid I have to completely disagree with what you mentioned above. Having listened to the 2.0 track completely, The truth of the matter is that though the Dolby spectrum was used to create the 5.1 mix, the 2.0 track on the BD is not the original track. It is MONO. Yes it is true there is no channel separation at all in the 2.0 track. I realised this because of my Receiver that wonderfully did 5.1 prologic to the 2.0 track on Bootleg but failed to send any sound to Surround speakers on the Blu Ray. I kept wondering all the time is it something with the settings but only on careful listening I found out this dreaded truth.

I Suggest you go back to Mehendi Laga Ke rakhna song and listen to chorus in begining in Both 5.1 track and 2.0 tracks- the 5.1 sounds with full channel separation while both male and female chorus are from same monorual direction in 2.0 track.

Now this one is especially for Stephen but everybody please note, Another big realisation i felt was the similarity of this video tansfer to the Source used for Ultra VCD in India- Especially the cleanliness pat of the source is exactly the same found on Ultra VCD released long back. To a certain extent I felt I am accurate about the source because the 2.0 sound on that VCD and this Blu Ray are absolutely identical- i.e. without any channel separation at all.

That is not all, the mono sound in 2.0 is at a very low volume during dialogues and during songs, it suddenly becomes extremely loud- This is perhaps the only difference between BD and Ultra VCD sound. Initially In a way I was happy that at least for songs the 2.0 track becomes stereo but I was wrong-Its only the loudness - Infact when you do it prologic, u ll find that the receiver sends the signal to only center channel out of all 5 speakers, further proving the encoding as mono incapable of becoming stereo in any way. This is very similar to Bodega Sholay DVD which was recorded in Mono and the receiver cannot send it to any except the center channel.

No Offence guys but this is a very serious matter for me Stephen and Sanjay because I always trust you guys and hold you in high respects on this forum. I still dont want to believe that You both were wrong. Please go bak to blu ray and Bootleg and get me the truth.

The entire argument is based on the fact that for me any kind of modification to DDLJ's original track is a sin. It is such a beautiful sounding Dolby Stereo track throughout the film that any 5.1 mix always takes away the essence of it. For me still the Bootleg DVD sound remains the best DDLJ has ever sounded at home be it with prologic in which all 5 channels are in action or even without prologic.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:24 pm 

Advertised as coming Soon on Induna.com

Dil To Pagal Hai :D :D :D :D :D :D
http://www.induna.com/1000007150-productdetails/

Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
http://www.induna.com/1000007151-productdetails/

Apparently Dil Bole Hadippa as well, but nothing yet on Induna.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:58 am 

mrbrat_Boy wrote:
Advertised as coming Soon on Induna.com

Dil To Pagal Hai :D :D :D :D :D :D
http://www.induna.com/1000007150-productdetails/

Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
http://www.induna.com/1000007151-productdetails/

Apparently Dil Bole Hadippa as well, but nothing yet on Induna.

DTPH....all the ways! :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:26 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
My ratings for the 'Yash Raj' BDs:

Kabhi Kabhie (watched the entire film)
(Video 4.0 / Audio 3.25 / Overall 4.0) (A Very credible job, specially considering the age of the film)

Silsila
(Video 1.75 / Audio 2.0 / Overall 1.75) (No amount of tweaking can save this abomination)

Hi!
I personally found the PQ of Silsila (based on BR rips and screenshots) to be much better than that of Kabhi Kabhie. Silsila had a natural color rendition. I personally found it extremely pleasing. I found the audio quite nice too! It was very clear. In fact much more clear than the Blu-rays of Darr, Kabhi Kabhie, and Chandni.

Kabhi Kabhi has absolutely no clarity. The older edition by Prasad has much better audio. Also, there seems to be a high contrast boost which makes the PQ look very mediocre, like a video rather than film. Colors were a bit reddish! I don't find it pleasing. Silsila had a much better color rendition. I guess increasing the contrast a bit on Silsila would enhance the viewing experience.

The latest DVD editions of these movies are from the new restored masters. They are representatives of the Blu-ray in terms of how the restoration has been done, how the audio has been mixed, how the contrast is and how the color rendition is. Even in these DVDs, I found Silsila much better than Kabhi Kabhi.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:33 pm 

I tried watching the DVD of Silsila in vivid mode, and these were the results.

Original

Vivid

My personal settings with slight enhancement in green and yellow hues.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:38 pm 

lets see if they release Sultan 4K, or good looking 1080P like Bahubali, as orig master shot with 4K cameras

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:26 pm 

Baahubali: The Beginning (2015)
Technical Specifications
Showing all 8 technical specifications
Runtime 2 hr 39 min (159 min)
2 hr 17 min (137 min) (South Korea)
2 hr 18 min (138 min) (Taiwan)
2 hr 9 min (129 min) (China)
Sound Mix Dolby Surround 7.1 | Dolby Atmos | Dolby Digital | DTS-Stereo | Dolby Atmos (RCA Sound Recording)
Color Color (ACES)
Aspect Ratio 1.85 : 1
Camera Arri Alexa XT, Zeiss Master Prime and Angenieux Optimo Lenses
Negative Format Codex
Cinematographic Process ARRIRAW (2.8K) (3.4K) (source format)
Digital Intermediate (4K) (master format)
Printed Film Format D-Cinema

Sultan (2016)
Technical Specifications
Showing all 4 technical specifications
Runtime 2 hr 50 min (170 min)
Color Color
Aspect Ratio 2.35 : 1 (anamorphic)
Camera Alexa XT (filmed with)
Angenieux Optimo Anamorphic 56-152 (filmed with)
Arri Anamorphic Ultra Wide Zoom 19-36 (filmed with)
Leica Summilux-C Lenses (some scenes)
Phantom Flex 4K (some shots)
Red Dragon (aerial shots)
Zeiss Master Anamorphic (filmed with)
Zeiss Master Prime Lenses (some scenes)

Does not show if master is in 4K

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6