It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:00 pm 

ksingh wrote:
The old surround amps with DD & DTS will not be able to play out HDaudio stream and if they want to play out through the old amps then they will have to do so by using analogue 5.1 cable connections and not optical or co-axial digital connections.

What Victor wrote back was correct on the type of cables needed.

Please read my previous post again, for I fail to understand which part of my previous post did you not understand? What Victor wrote back, is MOSTLY INCORRECT. There is absolutely no reason why people with "old amps" cannot continue to use optical & co-axial connections. They only need to use analog 5.1 cables if they want to benefit from the HD audio formats. The only part he is correct about, is that "old surround amps with DD & DTS will not play out HDaudio stream" but so what, they are not going to get HD audio in any case since Yash Raj in their infinite wisdom decided to not include lossless HD audio on thier most coveted all time top 10 titles. Who wants to bet they did this so that they can sell you the same titles again with lossless sound.

Why is it that you people continue to try and find excuses and/or try to justify these companies decisions to keep shafting their customers? As stated in my previous post, EVERYONE benefits from having a lossless 'DTS-HD Master Audio' track on the Blu-ray disc and this includes people with old amps.

ksingh wrote:
With that being a valid point the majority of people in India are using older receivers which do not support or have HDMI which is needed for the newer HD audio codecs.

So once again we have someone suggesting that it is the 'lowest common denominator', which should determine the technical aspects of DVDs and/or BDs. Well, by your logic, since the vast majority, by a big margin, of people in India still use 'old televisions' that are not capable of handling even 480p resolution, therefore Yash Raj should only have 480i video on their BDs. Also, I think they have really screwed up by including DD or DTS on the BDs, since the VAST MAJORITY od Indians don't even have "old amps" and in fact their televisions don't even have RCA audio connectors, thus from now on Yash Raj should only have Mono PCM sound on their BDs.

Instead of focusing on the average (vast majority) of Indians it would make a lot more marketing sense to look at the potential BD customer only. This customer by the way is in no way behind in terms of technology or purchasing power and is at par with customers from any other country in the world. In any case, can you please point out even one reason why any customer would suffer by adding lossless HD audio to a BD. Does it not make more sense to have 'DTS-HD Master Audio' tracks on all BDs, that way those that have HD audio equipment can benefit immediately and even those with only "old amps" can benefit from the higher bitrate DTS 1.5mbps core audio stream right now and then when they upgrade to a 'new HD audio' equipment they can also get the full benefits of the lossless HD audio track. Ofcourse there are those, such as myself, who although don't have a 'HD audio receiver' are still able to benefit from lossless HD audio by using BD players that have built in HD audio decoders and analog outs. In fact even when I could not benefit from the HD audio tracks, ie when I was using the PS3 as my BD player, I still only bought BD titles that had HD audio. Just because I cannot benefit from a feature now does not mean, that I would like to buy all my BDs again, once I am equiped to benefit from that feature.

Bottom line Yash Raj has very cleverly left out HD audio from their first, marquee, all time top ten titles, so that they can resell you the same title again a few yrs later with lossless HD audio. Shame on you Yash Raj, but then this is to be expected from the Bollywood video industry, which time and time again has shafted it's customers. The sorry part is, that there are customers who actually make up excuses on their behalf. Also if you don't care about HD Audio, or are not equiped for it, you can always continue to buy DVDs.

PS: Even today the vast majority of televisions in use in the number one market, USA, are still standard definition only. But that does not mean companies should not be marketing to those customers who are equiped to benefit from Blu-ray and it's superior video & AUDIO. Lest in escapes your attention, let me point out that the number of people who are equiped with "new receivers & pre/pros" that can handle HD audio is very small even in the US.

Last edited by Sanjay on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:26 pm 

How much of your day do you spend lashing out at not getting lossless audio? Seriously it is not happening with YRF right now. So stop complaining!!

There more serious issues like getting Zero's on the right path with Blu-Ray than crying over lossless audio from YRF.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:43 pm 

ksingh wrote:
How much of your day do you spend lashing out at not getting lossless audio? Seriously it is not happening with YRF right now. So stop complaining!!

There more serious issues like getting Zero's on the right path with Blu-Ray than crying over lossless audio from YRF.

How much of your day do you spend defending 'Yash Raj' and why? Why does only Eros need to "get on the right path with Blu-Ray"? Why is it so hard for you to understand that Blu-Ray is not just HD Video (1080p), but that, it is also supposed to be HD Audio (Lossless)?
You are right ofcourse, Yash Raj is not going to give us 'lossless audio', but that's only because of people such as yourself. Maybe, if you and others such as yourself, also complained, Yash Raj might not think they can get away by shafting it's customers.

PS: My post was in response to your statement which alluded that not only was Yash Raj's reason, technically right, which by the way they are not, but that they are also justified to not include lossless audio. If you are not fully equipped to technically debate an issue, maybe you should not make statements pertaining to technical facts. Also, most of us here on this forum have never felt the need to attack people personally, might I suggest that we maintain that tradition. If you find any personal references in this post of mine, do keep in mind, that is only because your post is a direct personal atttack on me.

Last edited by Sanjay on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:49 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
ksingh wrote:

How much of your day do you spend defending 'Yash Raj' and why? Why does only Eros need to "get on the right path with Blu-Ray"? Why is it so hard for you to understand that Blu-Ray is not just HD Video (1080p), but that, it is also supposed to be HD Audio (Lossless)?
You are right ofcourse, Yash Raj is not going to give us 'lossless audio', but that's only because of people such as yourself. Maybe, if you and others such as yourself, also complained, Yash Raj might not think they can get away by shafting it's customers.

PS: My post was in response to your statement which alluded that not only was Yash Raj's reason, technically right, which by the way they are not, but that they are also justified to not include lossless audio. If you do not find yourself equiped to technically debate an issue, maybe you should not make statements pertaining to technical facts. Also, most of us here on this forum have never felt the need to attack people personally, might I suggest that we maintain that tradition. If you find any personal references in this post of mine, do keep in mind, that is only because your post is a direct personal atttack on me.

Yash Raj loves to shaft customers.I do not have any hindi blue ray dvds only American blue ray movies.
It is not worth my money to pay for Hindi blue ray when I get the same sound from the regular dvd.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:48 pm 

Sanjay is correct. My setup is an 'oldish' sony amp, ps3, flat screen 36 inch full HD LCD TV. My sound is connected through RCA cables and i play blu-ray discs through the amp for audio. I get excellent sound on the blu ray discs especially the DTS-MA. I can hear the difference between the normal lossy sound (DVD) and the DTS-MA, Dolby TrueHD (Blu Ray) discs. Its foolish of Yash Raj to not include HD lossless audio streams. I intend on upgrading my amp soon to get full benefit of HD. I cant understand these guys excuses to not include HD audio. The excuses are foolish, very laughable. To think these guys are trying to pull wool over our eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:09 am 

I guess for blurays these idiots are still targeting buyers with 20 inch tube tv with STD AR! connected to VCD player :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:09 pm 

Just found out from reading mhafner's post in the 'New York - First YRF Blu Ray' thread, that Yash Raj is actually continuing with their obnoxious practice of putting logos on even their BDs, just like they have always done on their DVDs. Even Eros has had better sense to do away with this inanity on their BDs. Why has no one yet spoken up about this and complained to Yash Raj, that such inanity is totally unacceptable? The next thing you know, they will be including ringtone commercials etc. on their BDs. That is not unless we all speak up now and nip such things in the bud.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:37 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
. Why has no one yet spoken up about this and complained to Yash Raj, that such inanity is totally unacceptable?

Would love to see their response to your complaint.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:13 pm 

sasural wrote:
Sanjay wrote:
. Why has no one yet spoken up about this and complained to Yash Raj, that such inanity is totally unacceptable?

Would love to see their response to your complaint.

You never hear from them if you complain. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:04 pm 

the blu rays are out.. blu-ray.com

the forums have their cover arts.. hoping to see some screen shots

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:16 pm 

Indian Blu-ray retailer

They have listed:

Veer-Zaara
Bachna Ae Haseeno
Dhoom 2
DDLJ
Dostana
Fanaa
Kabhi Kabhie
Silsila
New York
Chak De India
Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

...as well as all the Eros and Ayngaran Blu-rays.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:22 am 

It will be intresting to see how these films look on blu-ray. I might have to buy a couple of these titles.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:17 am 

Hi guys, Its been a while since i posted, but i am very very curious to know what the AQ & PQ of Silsila and Kabhi Kabhie are like?

Please do inform us, if any of you has purchased.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:54 pm 

Nehaflix is selling the YRF BDs for $16 a pop. This is the best deal for a new release so far.

http://store.nehaflix.com/bluray.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:25 am 

kailashu wrote:
Nehaflix is selling the YRF BDs for $16 a pop. This is the best deal for a new release so far.

http://store.nehaflix.com/bluray.html

great! If amazon will sell?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next