It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:08 pm 

@Sunny - Any plan on releasing Nandhalala on Blu-ray? A very good film and it was very emotional. It has received tremendous positive reviews and critics, moreover its Ayngaran own production. So expecting this to come out on BD.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:44 pm 

Nandhalala, is still running on the big screen. I have a meeting on Friday to discuss if we should release this on blu-ray. The film is okay - but you should watch the original Japanesse version by Takeshi Kitano called "Kikujiro". Its miles better :)

Va Quarter Cutting & Madrasapattinam will not release on blu-ray. Ayngaran only has DVD rights.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:03 pm 

Sunny, I also wanted to ask you this about Nandhalala blu-ray. I see all the positive reviews about the movie and Ilayaraja's background music. I am hoping the background music will be better in DTS HD. Also this blu-ray may be a must own for Ilayaraja's fans. I really liked the Angaditheru blu-ray. Now Ayngaran has two movies (Angaditheru and Nandhalala) this year for best movie award.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:13 pm 

Shahran Sunny Audit wrote:
Nandhalala, is still running on the big screen. I have a meeting on Friday to discuss if we should release this on blu-ray. The film is okay - but you should watch the original Japanesse version by Takeshi Kitano called "Kikujiro". Its miles better :)

Va Quarter Cutting & Madrasapattinam will not release on blu-ray. Ayngaran only has DVD rights.

Sunny, Any update on Nandhalala blu-ray from your meeting. Hope they release blu-ray or at least the DVD soon.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:41 pm 

Hi Sunny, i'd still like to question you on Endhiran blu-ray. Do you think Ayngaran will ever produce it. Also can you confirm if Yaavarum Naalam is on blu-ray. As far as i know, this movie is not on blu-ray? Someone from my country claims that this movie is out on blu-ray and its in the market..please clarify.

Also, Raavanan, releasing anytime soon? NMA slotted for Feb 2011 or later? Any news on KK?

Thanks a million for your time.
Dev

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:38 pm 

skywirepteltd wrote:

Hi Sunny, i'd still like to question you on Endhiran blu-ray. Do you think Ayngaran will ever produce it. Also can you confirm if Yaavarum Naalam is on blu-ray. As far as i know, this movie is not on blu-ray? Someone from my country claims that this movie is out on blu-ray and its in the market..please clarify.

Also, Raavanan, releasing anytime soon? NMA slotted for Feb 2011 or later? Any news on KK?

Thanks a million for your time.
Dev

Endhiran Ellam Vanda Enaku VTV vendum

VTV VTV VTV

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:11 pm 

Sunny, just a question that is a little off topic. Maybe it is because the technolgy is relatively new but how come companies like Ayngaran can't try to release the DVD and Blu-Ray at the same time? I think that would give a great boost to blu-ray sales. I am guessing it comes down to the production houses shopping around the Blu-Ray rights to the highest bidder. There were a few movies recently that took a little while to get to Blu-Ray so I just got the DVD instead. If the blu-ray was readily available I would have gotten that. Sometimes after a while the nostalgia/buzz for the movie might goes away so I wouldn't be inclined to buy it either...Just my two cents..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:10 pm 

Blu-ray is a very slow process. Because of my quality control system the time frame cannot match its counterpart DVD workflow and release date - which is why we don't do a dual release.

Ayngaran end up waiting an extra long time frame for HD titles - all for the sake of good quality.

Naan Mahaan Alla project is an example. The blu-ray could've been released alongside the DVD. However, under my supervision and guidance for exceptional HD quality the project has taken over 5 months to compleate. Indian post production companies mess up the DPX process which we have to fix - its very much a case of investigate and restore.

If you want quicker release dates, we have to comprimise on quality (like Yash Raj, EROS, Shemeroo etc..).

You decide.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:26 am 

Gotcha. I guess what sparked my curiosity is how western films release DVD/Blu-Ray at the same time. But, then again that is a different marketing model than Indian Cinemas.

When it is all said and done I def do appreciate all the work you do in putting out a high quality product! Your Blu-Rays are leaps and bounds compared to other companies and always spectacular to watch. I own a bunch of them and they fascinate anyone I show them too. I just wish I knew that Madrasapattinam was coming to Blu-Ray otherwise I wouldn't have ordered the DVD :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:45 am 

I understand your concerns... I will speak to tAyngaran to see if we can inform consumers much sooner on upcoming releases for blu-ray.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:20 am 

Sunny, is the hold on Tamil BDs that you mentioned in the Naan Mahaan Alla thread lifted? Just asking as you've been talking about a fair few new releases. If so, can you let us know what Ayngaran are planning to do to combat the piracy issue?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:26 am 

Any word on Manmathan Ambu on Blu-Ray?

Naan Mahaan Alla project is an example. The blu-ray could've been released alongside the DVD. However, under my supervision and guidance for exceptional HD quality the project has taken over 5 months to compleate. Indian post production companies mess up the DPX process which we have to fix - its very much a case of investigate and restore.

I wish these post houses would establish a set of best practices for their workflows. What exactly are they doing wrong?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:39 am 

No plans for Manmadhan Ambu on blu-ray.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:16 pm 

so any other tamil bluray in pipeline apart from

Naan mahan alla, Madarasapatinam and Kaavalan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:58 am 

raj1402 wrote:
so any other tamil bluray in pipeline apart from

Naan mahan alla, Madarasapatinam and Kaavalan

i got few news
Blu-ray is a next generation optical disk storage medium capable of storing up to 50GB of 1080p HD Video *with uncompressed Sound. The benefitsof blue-violet laser (405nm) is that it has shorter wavelength than red laser (605nm), which makes it possible to focus laser spot with even greater precision.*Blu-ray is currently supported by about 200 of the world’s leading consumer electronics, personal computer, recording media, video game and music companies. The format also has support from all Hollywood studios and countless smaller studios as a successor to today’s DVD format. Inroads of Blu-ray titles are very less in India and one company which is pioneering to*achieve*this new height on Blu-ray authoring is AP International, a chennai based company.
About AP International: AP international is a leading film exporter based in chennai whose promoters have a 50 years of history in film industry.They beganwith film finance, distribution and exporting films, releasing audio cassettes and compact discs in India. Within a short span of time, AP International has made rapid strides forward with a focus on production and distribution of software for home entertainmentand Corporate needs through DVD, VCD and Audio CDs. API is nowmoving forward to merchandise its software (ownership of Copyrights) of more than 400 Tamil and Malayalam films – a majority of them are blockbusters– into the digital world of entertainment through Satellite, Internet, DTH and PayTV. AP International also designed and authored DVD Discs for more than250 titles across various languages in India. Some of Hollywood DVD titles for Indian version are being designed by AP International, which speaks for their capabilities. AP International Studio facilities: Based out of Chennai with exceptional high quality team and top expertise people in the field . They involve efficient product development pipeline, workflow and strategies to create superiorquality encoded pictures and high quality sound in DVD and Blu-ray nutshell. Their Quality Control pipeline is one of the bullet proof mechanisms matches internationalstandards for their entire product lines

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next