It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:08 pm 

Hi
Thanks to all those who have viewed all these Blu Ray discs authored by us and given their feedback. I want to clarify:
1. As an authoring house we have some limitations which are beyond our control. Like- Quality of source material, Duration of all the contents and publishers desire to listen to us for better quality.

2. All the main movie contents of Discs have been mastered from HD SR Tapes (1920x1080 24 p) provided by publishers.

3. All the extra bonus materials and promos have been mastered from Beta as no HD video is/was available.

4. Most of the Indian movies are 150Min+ and adding to that lots of extra features restrict us to encode the main movie at higher bit rates.

5. My all the publishers have accepted our suggestion for not giving any extra feature with SD material on Blu Ray Disc in future.All the extra features if any will be on a seprate DVD as bonus disc.

6 As an authoring house, I am open for all the healthy suggestions. Just to let all you know that there are a few encoding and authoring software and most of the authoring houses are using these programs. Only source and content material changes from one publisher to other publisher.

7. I don’t want to name the titles but I have some BD Authored by Sony and Ayangers which are not even 20% of the quality of Shiva and Sawariya

8. We can match the quality of best of Sony, Ayangers or any one if publishers listen to us.

You all are just like soap to me. which hurts the eyes but cleans up my face.

Thanks again.
Regards
Chandna

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:16 pm 

schandna wrote:
Most of the Indian movies are 150Min+ and adding to that lots of extra features restrict us to encode the main movie at higher bit rates.

Hello Chandna,

Thanks for your participation on this forum. In addition to the comments made by others, I'd like to add that for future releases it is imperative that the issues of audio sync problems and incorrect contrast marring the latest Eros Blu-ray discs are corrected.

On at least two of the Eros releases, the audio is running at 24fps while the video is at 23.976fps. Every few minutes, the audio seems to reset itself so that it once again is in sync with the video, but this is not an acceptable solution. The audio must also be stretched to 23.976fps.

Regarding the contrast: Billu Barber, Bhool Bhulaiyya and Partner appear to have been encoded with TV scale brightness levels (16,235) instead of PC scale (0,255). It is the PC scale that must be used. Likewise, I hope this will be rectified come the next lot of releases.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:26 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:52 am 
Site Admin

schandna wrote:
Hi
4. Most of the Indian movies are 150Min+ and adding to that lots of extra features restrict us to encode the main movie at higher bit rates.

It's the same line that was used for Indian DVDs in the past and it shouldn't excuse the poor quality. Recent Braveheart Blu-ray - a film which runs for near 3hours - is said to reference quality material. And at the same time the same studio released Gladiator - extended version with a running time of 171 mins - and said to be one the most badly done Blu-rays so far all because of the source material used and amount of post processing done on the video.

History of Indian DVDs should provide plenty of excuses yet - I'm waiting for my other favourite one;

"it'll all improve over time, they will get better eventually"

Indian DVDs got 'better' at the time when a new HD format got introduced and at the peak or maybe decline of the DVD product like cycle. Hoping that Indian Blu-rays don't take that long either!

schandna wrote:
you all are just like soap to me. which hurts the eyes but cleans up my face.
:lol: - that's nearly as good as that graphic on the website.

Welcome to forums and enjoy the moaning and criticism :D

Ali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:22 pm 

Hi
Which is best BluRay disc from India released so far?
Regards
Chandna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:56 pm 

^ IMHO, Sivaji from Ayngaran.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:32 pm 

Best Hindi movie BD so far, has got to be the 'Saawariya' BD released by Sony.
Best Hindi movie BD released by a non Hollywood company, has got to be the 'Jodhaa Akbar' BD released by 'Bodega films' in France.
Best Indian movie BD released by an Indian video company, has got to be the 'Sivaji' BD released by 'Ayngaran'.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:54 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
Best Hindi movie BD so far, has got to be the 'Saawariya' BD released by Sony.
Best Hindi movie BD released by a non Hollywood company, has got to be the 'Jodhaa Akbar' BD released by 'Bodega films' in France.
Best Indian movie BD released by an Indian video company, has got to be the 'Sivaji' BD released by 'Ayngaran'.

Amen! :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:22 am 

I heard zEros is working on Sholay BluRay, I hope they are going to dish out another crap for it. If it is going to be similar probably zEros should just can the release.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:53 pm 

Stephen wrote:

Regarding the contrast: Billu Barber, Bhool Bhulaiyya and Partner appear to have been encoded with TV scale brightness levels (16,235) instead of PC scale (0,255). It is the PC scale that must be used. Likewise, I hope this will be rectified come the next lot of releases.

The black level must be at 16 and not zero. PC levels are not for video, neither DVD nor BD. ???

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:48 pm 

mhafner wrote:
The black level must be at 16 and not zero. PC levels are not for video, neither DVD nor BD. ???

Blacks are showing up as grey on the Blu-rays though. It appears that a TV scale was applied twice to the Blu-ray. A PC scale would correct it back to normal levels.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:11 pm 

Stephen wrote:
mhafner wrote:

Blacks are showing up as grey on the Blu-rays though. It appears that a TV scale was applied twice to the Blu-ray. A PC scale would correct it back to normal levels.

what else would u expect from these bunch of incompetent clueless companies :( thay could never figure out till today how to authore a proper SDVD! look at kaminey! They are all Kaminey :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:51 pm 

On second thought, it's also likely the HD tapes sent by Eros were encoded wrongly. In which case, the authoring company should have either rejected the tapes and asked for replacements or corrected the levels themselves if possible.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:45 pm 

Stephen wrote:
mhafner wrote:

If the blacks are really gray when played on proper equipment (calibrated for DVD or BD playback) maping to PC levels while calibrating black for 16 could help. But the disc is improperly mastered, neither correct for PC nor video levels. With PC levels black is at 0, not 16. With video levels it's at 16 and not above 16. If it were mastered for PC levels blacks would be black on correct video playback (and black detail very crushed and the picture too dark and contrasty).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:09 pm 

mhafner wrote:
If the blacks are really gray when played on proper equipment (calibrated for DVD or BD playback) maping to PC levels while calibrating black for 16 could help. But the disc is improperly mastered, neither correct for PC nor video levels. With PC levels black is at 0, not 16. With video levels it's at 16 and not above 16. If it were mastered for PC levels blacks would be black on correct video playback (and black detail very crushed and the picture too dark and contrasty).

You're quite right. I should have said that the discs must display on proper equipment as 0,255 and be encoded at 16,235 instead of 32,215 or whatever incorrect levels they ended up at.