It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:56 pm 

Picture quality on this disc is superior to Om Shanti Om And Heyy Babyy, but still not as good as Saawariya or Sivaji. DNR is evident, but sharpness and detail is still pleasing. The image also does not have the brightness screw-ups of Partner, Bhool Bhulaiyaa and Billu Barber.

Regarding the audio, no DTS/lossless track is included, which is shoddy indeed. Only a 5.1 Dolby Digital track, which has back-and-forth sync problems of about 100ms throughout.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:55 pm 

Great Stephen! I agree!

This is only one I care! rest a song BR will do.

Btw did u see NewYORK BLURAY too?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:11 am 

Wow! Not bad. Now these actually look like screenshots from a Blu-ray disc. But then ofcourse, based on what I am reading across the internet, I believe the disc does not sound like a Blu-ray. Thanks to the inept idiots at Eros the BD only has a DD track and that too only a 384kbps DD track. To make matters worse, or should I say as a stamp of the Eros brand the audio is also out of sync. Does anybody even bother to review the discs before they release them? Or I suppose they just don't give a damn, for there enough idiots who will still gladly buy their crap.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:17 am 

Sanjay wrote:
Wow! Not bad. Now these actually look like screenshots from a Blu-ray disc. But then ofcourse, based on what I am reading across the internet, I believe the disc does not sound like a Blu-ray. Thanks to the inept idiots at Eros the BD only has a DD track and that too only a 384kbps DD track. To make matters worse, or should I say as a stamp of the Eros brand the audio is also out of sync. Does anybody even bother to review the discs before they release them? Or I suppose they just don't give a damn, for there enough idiots who will still gladly buy their crap.

Sanju, this disc is only 22gb for a 3 hr movie lol. Look at SS there is no detail at all. Man I just watched high def wizard of oz in the theater, man that 70 year old film looked way better than this high def. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:32 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
Sanju, this disc is only 22gb for a 3 hr movie lol. Look at SS there is no detail at all. Man I just watched high def wizard of oz in the theater, man that 70 year old film looked way better than this high def. :D

Yaar, after seeing the screenshots of Partner, Billu Barber & Bhool Bhulaiya, these really look quite good to me. Ofcourse the size of the data will make a difference but surely there is more to a good BD than just the size of the data. I am sure the size of the data is also effected by the fact that there is no lossless audio track on this BD. Either way bottom line is we have to prepare ourselves to be royally screwed by the likes of Eros and Yash Raj. Why Yash Raj? I just read somewhere that their 'New York' BD only has lossy DTS and DD audio.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:20 am 

Sanjay wrote:
Zoran009 wrote:

Yaar, after seeing the screenshots of Partner, Billu Barber & Bhool Bhulaiya, these really look quite good to me. Ofcourse the size of the data will make a difference but surely there is more to a good BD than just the size of the data. I am sure the size of the data is also effected by the fact that there is no lossless audio track on this BD. Either way bottom line is we have to prepare ourselves to be royally screwed by the likes of Eros and Yash Raj. Why Yash Raj? I just read somewhere that their 'New York' BD only has lossy DTS and DD audio.

There is more to good quality than high bit rate but, but with low bit rate good quality is not achievable. Lossy DTS is fine as long as it's 1.5 Mbit/s.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:37 pm 

PQ wise, Eros have finally done justice to such a great film. I hope they give a similar treatment to the first part.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:16 am 

Don't be fooled by the screen shots. There is no 1080p detail in sight. It's more like <= 720p well upscaled.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:15 am 

Dear friends
thanks for your comments and suggestions. I want to explain as under:

1. IIn 1998 DEI was publisher of DVDs and now we are providig the services to our clients..
2. We were instructed to give all these contents in 25GB disc
3. We have limitations as service provider as we have to follow the instructions of our clients too.With all these contents there was no space for loosless audio. Even we had to provide dolby 5.1 at 384.

For the last 11 years we are trying our best to give better authoring for DVDs and now BD's to our clients but we need proper support from out clients by providing us proper sources and not forcing us to fill the disc with unfit contents.

Anyhow thanks again to all and we assure you we will give OUR best

Regards
Chandna