It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:28 am 

Code:
Size.............: 27.87 GB
Audio Language...: Hindi (6Ch DTS-HD MA)
                   Hindi (5.1 DD AC3 @ 384 Kbps)
Subtitles........: English
Video............: AVC (H264)
Resolution.......: 1080p

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:25 am 

Why would they release this piece of crap on Blu-Ray? I am sure they have other far more worthy titles in their catalog to release on Blu-Ray.

PS: The quality of the blu-ray looks like crap too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:00 am 

It does not look like crap. It's mostly soft but the grain looks ok and there are no obvious digital problems. A lot of films have soft shots. That's normal. It's not waxy and not overenhanced. Good sign.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:20 pm 

Sholay BD coming out next month (Diwali release) with mostly DD 5.1 384 Kbps. I feel so cause Lage Raho Munna Bhai BD from EROS had only 5.1 384 Kbps AC3 and not even DTS though its a new movie.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:36 pm 

The shots look good indeed - better than Gladiator from Paramount! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:30 pm 

mhafner wrote:
It does not look like crap. It's mostly soft but the grain looks ok and there are no obvious digital problems. A lot of films have soft shots. That's normal. It's not waxy and not overenhanced. Good sign.

Maybe it is not as bad as one might expect from Eros. But still, the picture is way too soft for 1080P eg. look at the shot with Ameesha Patel, it looks almost blurred. I am sure the original film is not as soft as this. To me it looks like a case where Eros has tried to reduce grain and in the process the picture has lost sharpness. "Size.............: 27.87 GB" also is a problem considering the average length of Hindi movies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:43 pm 

T|M wrote:
Sholay BD coming out next month (Diwali release) with mostly DD 5.1 384 Kbps. I feel so cause Lage Raho Munna Bhai BD from EROS had only 5.1 384 Kbps AC3 and not even DTS though its a new movie.

You have got to be kidding me. But then again with Eros anything is possible. This is exactly what I was afraid of with companies like Eros. All Blu-ray discs should be released with lossless sound after all Blu-ray represents not only HD picture but also HD sound. Nevertheless for a BD to be released with only DD at 384kbps, is absolutely unforgiveable.

PS: As per the listed features on http://www.bollywooddvds.com
'Heyy Babyy' - Audio Format: Dolby Digital 5.1 Channel <-- Is this correct?
'Bhool Bhulaiyaa' - Audio Format: 5.1 Dolby Truehd <-- Obviously not correct (As per the posts on Zulm.net, this has 'DTS-HD MA 5.1)
'Partner' - Audio Format: 5.1 Dolby Truehd <-- Obviously not correct (As per the posts on Zulm.net, this has 'DTS-HD MA 5.1)
'Lage Raho Munna Bhai' - Audio Format: 5.1 Dolby Truehd <-- ?

Update:
Never mind, these idiots have also listed '5.1 Dolby Truehd' for 'Jodhaa Akbar - Region B' & 'Slumdog Millionaire - Region A'. Since I have both these the disc I know they are wrong. Both these discs have a 'DTS-HD MA' track (6.1 in case of Jodhaa Akbar). It's quite obvious they have only heard of 'Dolby TrueHD' and therefore by default, they just list that as the audio track.

Last edited by Sanjay on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:38 pm 

^ To the best of my knowledge Lage Raho Munnabhai has only 384 Kbps DD 5.1 and no DD True HD. bollywoodbluray.com doesnt know shit never go with any information they provide.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:33 am 

this so called BLURAY is only 14GB :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:34 am 

Stephen wrote:
The shots look good indeed - better than Gladiator from Paramount! :lol:

Hi Stephen, check Partner, that shows more detail some how.

All sucker crap on bluray lol. :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:03 am 

Sanjay wrote:
mhafner wrote:

Maybe it is not as bad as one might expect from Eros. But still, the picture is way too soft for 1080P eg. look at the shot with Ameesha Patel, it looks almost blurred. I am sure the original film is not as soft as this.

You can not be sure without having seen the BD master and a film print. But for close ups of actresses it's common to use diffusion filters on the camera to tone down any skin problems. And don't underestimate the number of out of focus shots in movies (Hollywood too). I have to see the BD to say with more certainty if there's DNR and if it looks filtered or unfiltered. But the stills so far show nothing that worries me much. Dolby Digital at 380 Kbit/s on the other hand would be really stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:29 pm 

I watched the Bhool Bhulaiyaa BD and there is a major problem with the picture. When I looked at the screenshots posted here, I assumed that the blacks in the image being grey was just a capturing issue with whomever took the shots. But no - it really looks like that. Someone really screwed up in the encoding of the video:

DVD:

Blu-ray:

Judging by the shots in the other threads, it looks like Partner and Billu Barber share this same issue. However, Lage Raho Munna Bhai (which I've also watched and which looks very good to me) does not.