It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:46 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
Shahran Sunny Audit wrote:
Yash Raj (or any company) are not allowed to place a watermark logo - unless they have sought permission from blu-ray patent holders.
I remember speaking to Sony about this and they stated that "retailed" versions of any disc released on blu-ray cannot have any watermarked logo on the transcoded file as it infringes on various patents registered. Somebody should warn Yash Raj about this.

Discs excluded from the watermark rules are screeners, "non-for-profit" discs, and rental copies.

@ Sunny
Can we not complain to Sony/BDA about Yash Raj placing watermarks of their logo on retail Blu-ray titles released by them? I am sure if this is infringing upon the BDA patents and rules, they would be interested in bringing a stop to this nonsense from Yash Raj. I would love to see Yash Raj and their likes actually being penalized or sued for infringing upon the BDA patents/rules. Hmm.. I now wonder, is it because of the BDA patents/rules that Eros did not inlude their logo on their BDs, rather than some new found professionalism and concern for the consumer's rights.

Seems to me that you are wanting someone to do the complaining for you.Surely you have a legitimate Blue ray dvd and proof of purchase and can complain.After and if no results then lodge a complaint with the better Business Bureau.
PS.
I had several issues with Eros and they just shrugged me off on everything including a dvd not shipped.I emailed them and told them I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of New Jersey.
They still did nothing so I filed and after 30 days Eros called me and agreed to send me the missing DVD.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:37 pm 

sasural wrote:
Sanjay wrote:
Yash Raj (or any company) are not allowed to place a watermark logo - unless they have sought permission from blu-ray patent holders.
I remember speaking to Sony about this and they stated that "retailed" versions of any disc released on blu-ray cannot have any watermarked logo on the transcoded file as it infringes on various patents registered. Somebody should warn Yash Raj about this.

Discs excluded from the watermark rules are screeners, "non-for-profit" discs, and rental copies.

@ Sunny
Can we not complain to Sony/BDA about Yash Raj placing watermarks of their logo on retail Blu-ray titles released by them? I am sure if this is infringing upon the BDA patents and rules, they would be interested in bringing a stop to this nonsense from Yash Raj. I would love to see Yash Raj and their likes actually being penalized or sued for infringing upon the BDA patents/rules. Hmm.. I now wonder, is it because of the BDA patents/rules that Eros did not inlude their logo on their BDs, rather than some new found professionalism and concern for the consumer's rights.

Seems to me that you are wanting someone to do the complaining for you.Surely you have a legitimate Blue ray dvd and proof of purchase and can complain.After and if no results then lodge a complaint with the better Business Bureau.
PS.
I had several issues with Eros and they just shrugged me off on everything including a dvd not shipped.I emailed them and told them I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of New Jersey.
They still did nothing so I filed and after 30 days Eros called me and agreed to send me the missing DVD.

First of all I am not looking for anyone, to do anything for me. Secondly, the issue we are discussing is not from a consumer point of view, but rather from the point of BDA patent rules being broken. Which is something the BDA would be concerned with and not the Better Business Bureau. In any case, since I live in India, complaining to to any Bureau in the US is not going to be of much use.

My post/question was directed at Sunny, since he had mentioned in his post that he had spoken to Sony regarding this issue and apparently based on that, 'Yash Raj' BDs may be infringing on the BDA patent rules. Considering the fact that Sunny knows the people who may be concerned with this issue, he may also be able to point in the right direction and/or confirm whether the Yash Raj BDs are actually breaking the BDA patent rules.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:14 am 

Sanjay wrote:
sasural wrote:
Sanjay wrote:

@ Sunny

PS.

First of all I am not looking for anyone, to do anything for me. Secondly, the issue we are discussing is not from a consumer point of view, but rather from the point of BDA patent rules being broken. Which is something the BDA would be concerned with and not the Better Business Bureau. In any case, since I live in India, complaining to to any Bureau in the US is not going to be of much use.

My post/question was directed at Sunny, since he had mentioned in his post that he had spoken to Sony regarding this issue and apparently based on that, 'Yash Raj' BDs may be infringing on the BDA patent rules. Considering the fact that Sunny knows the people who may be concerned with this issue, he may also be able to point in the right direction and/or confirm whether the Yash Raj BDs are actually breaking the BDA patent rules.

if not fined they will continue pressing same or even worse junk! :(