It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:41 pm 

I Hope this materialises. Hope Devdas is one of them, Imagine Devdas in Blu RAY!!!!

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3077

BollyBlu: Eros Plans 25-50 Titles for Blu-ray
Posted July 9, 2009 08:09 AM by Juan Calonge

Eros International has published its financial results and they include an interesting tidbit for fans of Indian cinema on Blu-ray. So far, the company has released two titles on Blu-ray ('Heyy Babyy' and 'Om Shanti Om'). Now they are going to multiply their output and intend to release 25-50 further titles on Blu-ray in the current (financial) year, in a combination of new and catalogue titles.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:48 pm 

I Hope U Me Aur Hum Comes On Blu Ray..Devdas Can Go And Wet It's Bed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:42 pm 

From Blu-Ray.Com Forum:

Quote:
Just announced that Rock On is the next bollywood blu-ray to to hit the shelves soon followed by ghajini,which is yet to be authored

The Authoring of Rock has been nearly finished and the master will be given to Adlabs for replication within the next 2 weeks .

we will soon upload snap shots of the menus of Rock on .

Thanks

Bollywoodblu-ray.com Team

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:40 pm 

If Eros is in the habit of giving VHS copies for dvds then how can they be trusted for Blue ray.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:20 am 

Well, they have released OSO and heyy Babyy which were impressive, coming from eros. and anyways, if the blu-ray sucks, then they'll lose out, HI-DEF isnt DVD, so we wont just settle for crappy audio and video.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:37 pm 

mrbrat_Boy wrote:
Well, they have released OSO and heyy Babyy which were impressive, coming from eros. and anyways, if the blu-ray sucks, then they'll lose out, HI-DEF isnt DVD, so we wont just settle for crappy audio and video.

Agreed! I would hate to see some of my fav butchered by zeros in the name of bluray. But imho, they will stick to their commercial films, even how bad they could be.

Any thing coming from Europe will be a better, more expensive, and unfortunately restricted for region coding.

But Amen! The way they butchered Devdas 3-4 X is unforgivable sin imho. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:47 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
Any thing coming from Europe will be a better, more expensive, and unfortunately restricted for region coding.

It might be a good idea to check into a 'Region Free' player. A good one to look at would be the 'Oppo BDP-83' which not only is one of the best Blu-ray players, if not the best, but is also easily made 'Region Free' with a hacked firmware. By the way this is also a universal player that plays 'all' optical disc formats including Blu-Ray, DVD, CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, HDCD etc. except for HD-DVD. In addition it also plays DIVX, WMA, MP3 etc. via the USB port.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:07 pm 

^ you forgot to add MKV format to the list! I love my OPPO!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:50 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
Zoran009 wrote:

It might be a good idea to check into a 'Region Free' player. A good one to look at would be the 'Oppo BDP-83' which not only is one of the best Blu-ray players, if not the best, but is also easily made 'Region Free' with a hacked firmware. By the way this is also a universal player that plays 'all' optical disc formats including Blu-Ray, DVD, CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, HDCD etc. except for HD-DVD. In addition it also plays DIVX, WMA, MP3 etc. via the USB port.

for $500 :shock: I'll stick with my ps3 for the time being! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:48 pm 

HTPC for the win