It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:51 pm 

Shahran Sunny Audit wrote:
How did you manage to crack the BD disc and get a sample video out of it?

Can AACS be cracked?

as ali said anydvd hd does it and the advantage is that u can watch BD on a pc without expensive add-ons... the clip was just to show the quality of the BD... beautiful!... btw how's Sivaji BD coming up? can u share with us any news about the release date sunny?

@mhafner... it does help us to watch movies on pc with bare features... i would definitely give slysoft credit for that... i cant spend money to get a player every time a new disc format comes out and the other one goes obsolete... there are both positive and negative aspects for any technology/software that u take into consideration... its the way we use it makes the difference... :D

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:40 pm 

Well! My rental stellar got in!
I just put my rental bluray to spin and dvd is amazing!!!!

Colors are a tad too saturated, for my taste, picture a bit too dark, but might be tweak able..

Sound is unbelievable!

*** All lighted weiny scenes are there but that one frame of towel less weiny has been edited.

SLB must be heavy hearted.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:02 am 

I got my rental from blockbuster.com today too! Just watched parts of it, the picture quality is very good. Quiet possibly the best picture i have ever seen for an indian movie! The film takes place mainly on sets and at night, i think this is the cause of the picture being dark.

The DolbytrueHD 5.1 sound is nice. There is alot of surround sound and bass in the soundtrack! The soundtrack is not for a wimpy subwoofer!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:35 am 

T|M wrote:
@mhafner... it does help us to watch movies on pc with bare features... i would definitely give slysoft credit for that... i cant spend money to get a player every time a new disc format comes out and the other one goes obsolete...

Oh, please. You can't afford a 100$ every 10 years (you don't have to be an early adopter when player prices are higher)? Then you can't afford to buy several films too in these 10 years. Basically you say I have no money for this (I prefer to spend it elsewhere) and I don't want to wait so I just take the stuff since it's possible.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:19 pm 

mhafner wrote:
T|M wrote:
@mhafner... it does help us to watch movies on pc with bare features... i would definitely give slysoft credit for that... i cant spend money to get a player every time a new disc format comes out and the other one goes obsolete...

Oh, please. You can't afford a 100$ every 10 years (you don't have to be an early adopter when player prices are higher)? Then you can't afford to buy several films too in these 10 years. Basically you say I have no money for this (I prefer to spend it elsewhere) and I don't want to wait so I just take the stuff since it's possible.

well i got a HD DVD player for the starters... guess where i'm now with it... Red is coming out soon... :D as I said before its all how u plan to use it and not the question of money... my BD drive helps me to both play and also create BD from my HD handycam video... when it serves the purpose of having a BD player why to spend on one unnecessarily... :D... hope this clears it up why i'm not going for a separate player as such...

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:43 pm 

punjabimunda wrote:
I got my rental from blockbuster.com today too! Just watched parts of it, the picture quality is very good. Quiet possibly the best picture i have ever seen for an indian movie! The film takes place mainly on sets and at night, i think this is the cause of the picture being dark.

The DolbytrueHD 5.1 sound is nice. There is alot of surround sound and bass in the soundtrack! The soundtrack is not for a wimpy subwoofer!

I agree! because I did see this crap @theaters too lol. But skin tones are bit too darker than screening too to my eyes! Did u see films and bluray both?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:23 pm 

[quote=]zoran
I agree! because I did see this crap @theaters too lol. But skin tones are bit too darker than screening too to my eyes! Did u see films and bluray both?[/quote]

I was fortunate enough to miss this movie at the theater! I've only seen it on Blu Ray and uh cough cough pirate DVD cough cough!!

Last edited by punjabimunda on Thu May 08, 2008 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:09 pm 

I got this from Amazon - arrived a couple of days ago. Picture quality is great! But there is no songs menu on the DVD (why?) and I haven't watched the film yet but the small part I watched I didn't like it. But hey who knows - maybe if I watched it all the way through it will get better. So in short - loving the quality but wish that it was a different film!

So far the two blu-ray Indian releases are both films that I have no interest in.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:54 pm 

Muz wrote:
I got this from Amazon - arrived a couple of days ago. Picture quality is great! But there is no songs menu on the DVD (why?) and I haven't watched the film yet but the small part I watched I didn't like it. But hey who knows - maybe if I watched it all the way through it will get better. So in short - loving the quality but wish that it was a different film!

So far the two blu-ray Indian releases are both films that I have no interest in.

You might be the lucky one! :lol: go for it! sound design is way superior! songs are not chapter marked either.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:00 pm 

Muz wrote:
But there is no songs menu on the DVD (why?) and I haven't watched the film yet but the small part I watched I didn't like it. But hey who knows - maybe if I watched it all the way through it will get better. So in short - loving the quality but wish that it was a different film!

I fail to understand why people keep referring to Blu-Ray disks as DVDs. Guys they are two totally different and incompatible products, just like DVD is from VCD. Blu-Ray is Blu-Ray *stop* and DVD is DVD and never shall the twain meet.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:44 pm 

T|M wrote:
:D... hope this clears it up why i'm not going for a separate player as such...

As long as you just play discs you bought or rented nobody will complain. The problems are elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:04 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
Muz wrote:
But there is no songs menu on the DVD (why?) and I haven't watched the film yet but the small part I watched I didn't like it. But hey who knows - maybe if I watched it all the way through it will get better. So in short - loving the quality but wish that it was a different film!

I fail to understand why people keep referring to Blu-Ray disks as DVDs. Guys they are two totally different and incompatible products, just like DVD is from VCD. Blu-Ray is Blu-Ray *stop* and DVD is DVD and never shall the twain meet.

Simple mistake dude - you should chill out.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

highdefdigest.com review of Saawariya

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1317/saawariya.html

Quote:
The Video: Sizing Up the Picture

'Saawariya' is a visually sumptuous film, with production design and photography not only on par with the most beautiful of recent American movies, but boasting images that are as fantastic as any I've seen in any motion picture. This 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 Blu-ray encode easily does the film justice -- which is saying a great deal -- as this is a truly sensational, demo-worthy transfer.

Bursting with color, the palette is extraordinary. Hues leap off the screen with tremendous vibrancy, but are absolutely rock solid. The rich blacks and pitch-perfect contrast simple dazzle, resulting in a wonderful sense of depth and dimensionality. Sharpness is also spot-on, without intrusive edge enhancement or motion artifacts. Detail is reference-quality, with a some of the best high-def images I've yet seen on Blu-ray (or HD DVD, for that matter). The encode is also clean, with no apparent artifacts or noise. 'Saawariya' may not strike some as the type of film to set a new reference-quality standard, but this Blu-ray is truly one of the best I've ever seen.

The Audio: Rating the Sound

Audio flavors include the original Hindi Dolby TrueHD 5.1 (48kHz/16-bit), plus an alternate English Descriptive Audio Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround option. I always prefer the original language track, and this one is quite strong. 'Saawariya' is not a truly bombastic film, but this mix certainly makes the most of its best qualities.

Though I was disappointed there weren't more musical numbers in 'Saawariya,' the ones it does feature are the highlights of the TrueHD track. The 360-degree soundfield is quite alive with nuance, with excellent dispersion of the score and discrete effects to the rears. The rest of the film's runtime is more ambient in nature, with surrounds possessing an active and sustained, if certainly more subtle, presence. Dialogue is well-recorded (though since I don't speak Hindi, I can't say whether volume levels hamper intelligibility). Dynamics are also lush and full, with nice, deep bass and clean, warm highs. If not absolutely demo-worthy like the video, I was certainly more than pleased with the audio on the Blu-ray.

Ali

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:19 am 

Muz wrote:
Sanjay wrote:

Maybe it was a mistake on your part, but the fact is that way too many people keep referring to Blu-Ray discs as Blu-Ray DVDs. Infact even a few online retailers have them incorrectly classified as such. If people who are more tech savvy and knowledgeable than the average joe keep doing this, not much can be expected of the average joe.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:07 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
Muz wrote:
Sanjay wrote:

Maybe it was a mistake on your part, but the fact is that way too many people keep referring to Blu-Ray discs as Blu-Ray DVDs. Infact even a few online retailers have them incorrectly classified as such. If people who are more tech savvy and knowledgeable than the average joe keep doing this, not much can be expected of the average joe.

WTF - there is no hope in this world if someone starts throwing a fit over what a disc should and shouldnt be called.. you need to get out a bit more yaar..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next