It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:16 pm 

Image taken directly from the 4k DPX file, then encoded with AVC codec @ 24Mbit (5-multipass).

[img=http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/569/bluraypreviewhd5.th.jpg]

The whole film suffers from softness on the 4k DPX file. This process was done during post production. If sharpness is applied then the picture suffers from edge enhancement problems.

I have decided not to apply fake sharpness, and will keep in-line with the original DPX file.

Blu-ray "sivaji" still under going test work.

PS) I have seen a "Major" "Major" bollywood classic undergoing blu-ray work @ Soho Square, London. But due to wear and tear it will take months of restoration. More will be revealed soon...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:25 pm 

Shahran Sunny Audit wrote:
The whole film suffers from softness on the 4k DPX file. This process was done during post production.

Even so, this looks much more detailed and sharp than the DVD. The original grain is visible now. Looks very good indeed.

PS) I have seen a "Major" "Major" bollywood classic undergoing blu-ray work @ Soho Square, London. But due to wear and tear it will take months of restoration. More will be revealed soon...

Ooh, you tease, you. ;)

Not even a hint? Perhaps a certain film with a famous alternate ending?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:45 am 

@ thread opener...

Ayngaran does a VERY CRAP JOB on Sivaji DVDs...and wasted alot of money buying this piece of junk.

And NOW I see this screenshot, and you really expect me to fork up more money for this piece of junk? NO WAY...

Your company, or whoever is doing the work on the blu-ray should have given it to professionals.

You can still sharpen the source, AND take out the noise (which is still evident here) AND also NOT do Edge-Enhancement.

I would KILL TO WORK on this movie. Such a disappointment all around. I'm hoping some other lab picks up this movie and does a BETTER JOB...since Ayngaran can't do anything right.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:48 am 

The whole film suffers from softness on the 4k DPX file. This process was done during post production. If sharpness is applied then the picture suffers from edge enhancement problems.

Was DNR applied to the DI?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:58 am 

For Farooq...

I understand your concerns...

However, I prefer to show the film the way it was made.
Its all about ensuring that each frame of the original 4K DPX file is truly represented on the blu-ray format as close as possible. That is all I am doing.

The work is being done at EFX, with the same HD team who worked on the final 4K colour correction, alongside the DOP and Director, during post-production.

The work will be QC'ed at a famous London Post Production House.

Every care is being taken to ensure its arrival for Blu-Ray.

Remember we are still in testing phase...

PS)
Thanks to those who e-mailed me their support :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:10 am 

DragunR2 wrote:

DNR was applied during post production, when the original super 35mm neagtive was scanned and digititised for 4K colour correction. It was the choice of the film-maker.

However, no DNR, nor any other pre-process filters, have been used for the blu-ray encode.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:59 am 
Site Admin

Copied that image across - click for full size version, looks quite good to me;

Ali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:11 am 

DragunR2 wrote:

DNR was applied during post production, when the original super 35mm neagtive was scanned and digititised for 4K colour correction. It was the choice of the film-maker.

I hope it was mild. Otherwise the quality is compromised right in the source. What's the point of 4K anyway if you don't want to see the detailed grain? Stick to 2K if you fancy degrained material. The DNR removes all > 2K detail anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:16 am 

Image taken directly from the 4k DPX file, then encoded with AVC codec @ 24Mbit (5-multipass).

Looks pretty good. The lens used has chromatic aberration.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:46 pm 

Stephen wrote:
The whole film suffers from softness on the 4k DPX file. This process was done during post production.

Even so, this looks much more detailed and sharp than the DVD. The original grain is visible now. Looks very good indeed.

Ooh, you tease, you. ;)

Not even a hint? Perhaps a certain film with a famous alternate ending?

Oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Any classic will be great but that one or a certain other one that took 8 years to make would be even greater!!! When will 'more' be revealed?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:43 pm 

Sunny thanks for all the hard work / effort and time you have put into this .. I am really looking forward to this BR disc.

BTW did anyone notice in the clouds on the left there is a shot of white pixel?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:50 pm 
Site Admin

urbanlegend wrote:

Yeh it's called chromatic snot aberration, it's basically when someone's sneezed at the lens and not bothered cleaning them. :D

Ali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:55 pm 

ali wrote:
urbanlegend wrote:

Yeh it's called chromatic snot aberration, it's basically when someone's sneezed at the lens and not bothered cleaning them. :D

Ali

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ali Bhai .. you joker! You actually had me till the end of you sentence :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:48 pm 

This is Ayngaran's JPEG IMAGE.

This is MY WORK on just this frame alone:

A n00b like ME can embarass a big company like Ayngaran. I brought details out JUST from this small little file...a PICTURE! Not even a film print...Ayngaran should be ASHAMED of themselves...and whoever is working on the film, should be as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:22 pm 

The WHOLE BLOODY POINT OF HAVING A BLU-RAY DRIVE SYSTEM & PLAYER is to see DETAILS...

I'm guessing that Ayngaran does NOT have the skills or the ability NOR CARE to put details on a BluRay Disc. Why don't you guys just BLOW UP THE DVD9 and burn it to BluRay...since the ONLY THING you folks care about is money. Why waste any efforts on putting this great film on BluRay when you can't do ANYTHING RIGHT.

Your DD5.1 is messed up. Your prints are messed up. Your screenshot for a BluRay transfer is messed up.

Leave BluRay to the experts...because you people @ Ayngaran don't know WHAT THE heck you are doing...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next