It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:43 pm 

CRAZYDVDBUYER wrote:
DragunR2 wrote:
BhavaniDVD.com has the Sivaji Blu-Ray for $29.99.
They also have a 10% off promotion and shipping is only $1.99.

Is Bhavani reliable? Never ordered from them before and do they ship to Canada? any other sources for this Blu Ray?

Going a little off topic .. I just watched my first Tamil flick, Ghajini and it was awesome what others can you recommend?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:25 pm 

urbanlegend wrote:
CRAZYDVDBUYER wrote:
DragunR2 wrote:

Is Bhavani reliable? Never ordered from them before and do they ship to Canada? any other sources for this Blu Ray?

Going a little off topic .. I just watched my first Tamil flick, Ghajini and it was awesome what others can you recommend?

Bhavanidvd is very reliable. Watch "Kakha Kakha". I don't watch tamil movies much but Ghajini and Kakha Kakha are great movies and don't have any Tamil feeling to them unlike movies like Anniyan and several other Shankar movies.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:56 pm 

Shahran Sunny Audit wrote:
Gajini (which is being done for VGP) will have DTS-MA.

Do you have more information on Ghajini?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:11 pm 

urbanlegend wrote:
CRAZYDVDBUYER wrote:
DragunR2 wrote:

I am not sure abt them shipping to Canada but they are reliable and ship very fast.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:10 pm 

why are we fed this rajini tripe? Why can't Ayngaran do a blu-ray of Thalapathi? one of the last best films of Mani Ratnam's career!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uemY7Vx3oRk

does it have to do with madras talkies? seems like ayngaran is on every mani ratnam film after this :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:24 am 

I'd love to see some good Tamil films on BR instead of Billa, Pokiri, etc. Maybe only the new ones are truly profitable? And what is the condition of the negatives for older films?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:52 am 

DragunR2 wrote:
I'd love to see some good Tamil films on BR instead of Billa, Pokiri, etc. Maybe only the new ones are truly profitable? And what is the condition of the negatives for older films?

I remember asking Sunny in another thread, possibly this one, some pages back, regarding older films, and the response was that they wouldn't be profitable.

The thing is, I don't think they would know if older films would be profitable or not, because Ayngaran for the most part has NOT ventured out into releasing older films on DVD forget Blu. They should ATTEMPT it, before they dismiss it. I for one, will not purchase such films as Sivaji, especially at the price, but then again, I would gladly spend that much for the isai thendral sets. lol

It would appear to me, the people that care about quality of the transfer to home video are also the ones that care about the quality of the content itself. Meaning, someone investing decent amount of money is home video/audio equipment is likely not a casual viewer.

Anyway, it would be nice to have all sorts of films be released with the best transfers possible and let the audience be the judge of the content, but us brownies don't have those luxuries. lol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:12 am 

Yuvan wrote:
It would appear to me, the people that care about quality of the transfer to home video are also the ones that care about the quality of the content itself. Meaning, someone investing decent amount of money is home video/audio equipment is likely not a casual viewer

What, you mean Sivaji, Billa, and two Vijay films are not good enough for you :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:13 pm 

Indian movies is not set up for Universal distribution and this allows for multiple distributors.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:38 pm 

bluray.com review
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=5971&show=review

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:24 am 

Finally purchased this the other day. Great job on this Blu-Ray, Sunny! It was exciting to see your name on the inner cover.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:19 am 

Anyone know what source this YouTube video is from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoYzGtKuS5U

The colour grading is very different from the Ayngaran Blu-ray - much more Hollywood-esque. Is it from one of the newer Ayngaran Blu-ray song compilations perhaps?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16