3 Bonus Songs From the Film COMPANY

CHEERS ! (COURTESY: IBB)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 10:12 am 

has someone ordered yet? ???

Raj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 10:15 am 

i just rang a supplier in Birmingham called Moviebox and he was adamant that the films are not released yet, !!

oh well guess i'll have to wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 10:52 am 
Site Admin

..it is out but suppliers in UK will take a few days to get the title (really they should wait for the UK version, but most don’t).

If the same amount of time/effort has been spent doing the DVD as the cover, god help us! :p

Ali
BTW Aankhen should be out on Friday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 2:02 pm 

The DVD is available at indiaweekly for 13.99..... thats the lowest i have found so far.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 8:10 pm 

http://www.indiandvdfilms.com

company in stock
aankhen in stock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:45 am 

I just saw the DVD...

Same ol' Eros...

Dark scenes lacking detail...
and the print sucks.
this movie was definitely shot with a glossy film stock, and all the grain is clearly the fault of the film processing.
in the same scene, when it cuts to a shot you saw clearly a second ago, it's all grainy and the colors are off.
look at the scene when malik and chandu kill off sharma.

the dvd isn't terrible... but it's not where it needs to be.
hey, at least it's not squeezed (you listenin, DEI?).
splice marks are regularly apparent.

can't comment on the audio... my system's bust.

the movie wasn't bad, better than the usual dredge.. but rgp's direction a many times was questionable to me.
this guys loves wide angle lenses a bit too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:11 am 

Jolly/anyone

can someone please comment on the audio of the dvd

ie is it proper and good 5.1

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:13 am 

it`ll probably be a fucked up sound job like the previous releases such as Filhaal where the sound constantly popped!! Will order it tomorrow so will let u know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:21 pm 

hey faddy the poped sound of filhaal was the fake version you must have bought

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:54 pm 

the sound for this DVD is actually pretty good. There were some clever uses of directional effects while the action scenes (featuring gunshots) came off ok. The bass was present in most times and really came alive during the Khallas song. However there was one scene which had excessive bass (where the subwoofer became REALLY REALLY LOUD and there was no dialogue or music score in the background). I don't know if this was meant to be there as it didn't happen at Woodside Cinemas (but then again, this cinema doesn't even have subwoofers).

The video came off ok, but it was way too dark and some scenes looked soft, while others looked really detailed and glossy, and there were even scenes which were excessively grainy.

There are some extras in this DVD but they are encoded in 1 channel MPG sound, so I couldn't hear any voices. Ali once told me how to change the settings on my DVD player, but this trick doesn't work either. Anyway, the extras are a 22minute long interviews with the entire cast, Ram Gopal Verma, and Boney Kapoor. There were 4 extra songs - 1 was the Ganda Hai picturized on Sandeep Chowta, another was Ganda Hai picturized on Rajpal Yaadav (which made me LOL as I've never seen him this serious and so sad before). Another song was picturized on Antara Malli and Vivek Oberoi (not the Altaf Raja song), and finally Khallas was included in this feature aswell.

Three trailers play before the main feature (I actually like this idea because it feels like you're at the theatres), but again they were encoded in MPG1 so I couldn't hear the voices. These skippable trailers were from Na Tum Jaano Na Hum, Hum Aapke Hain Sanam, and Devdas (confirming that Devdas is an Eros release).

The movie is subtitled (which are 16x9 friendly), but the song is not subtitled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:02 pm 

Jolly: how can i work out my filhaal is hte real version :music:

Looks as though the disc isnt too bad, but hey its better than a total pathetic version... :) im a bit pished off that the altaf raja song isnt present, it was an excellent video and is showing currently showing on B4U

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:06 pm 

darius25 wrote:
the sound for this DVD is actually pretty good. There were some clever uses of directional effects while the action scenes (featuring gunshots) came off ok. The bass was present in most times and really came alive during the Khallas song. However there was one scene which had excessive bass (where the subwoofer became REALLY REALLY LOUD and there was no dialogue or music score in the background). I don't know if this was meant to be there as it didn't happen at Woodside Cinemas (but then again, this cinema doesn't even have subwoofers).

The video came off ok, but it was way too dark and some scenes looked soft, while others looked really detailed and glossy, and there were even scenes which were excessively grainy.

There are some extras in this DVD but they are encoded in 1 channel MPG sound, so I couldn't hear any voices. Ali once told me how to change the settings on my DVD player, but this trick doesn't work either. Anyway, the extras are a 22minute long interviews with the entire cast, Ram Gopal Verma, and Boney Kapoor. There were 4 extra songs - 1 was the Ganda Hai picturized on Sandeep Chowta, another was Ganda Hai picturized on Rajpal Yaadav (which made me LOL as I've never seen him this serious and so sad before). Another song was picturized on Antara Malli and Vivek Oberoi (not the Altaf Raja song), and finally Khallas was included in this feature aswell.

Three trailers play before the main feature (I actually like this idea because it feels like you're at the theatres), but again they were encoded in MPG1 so I couldn't hear the voices. These skippable trailers were from Na Tum Jaano Na Hum, Hum Aapke Hain Sanam, and Devdas (confirming that Devdas is an Eros release).

The movie is subtitled (which are 16x9 friendly), but the song is not subtitled.

Hey Darius...a movie trailor being shown on the DVD, doesnt necessarily mean that it will be an EROS release ? Has it been confirmed by SLB that it will be an EROS release ?...

Why cant that guy put his foot down like AG (Lagaan) and get it released by someone else ?

I sincerely hope Darius that you are wrong :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

Might be a lost cause this one as its more likely Eros has rights to Devdas - the trailer usually does mean an Eros release.

Also three of the most advertised films on B4U TV at the moment are Na Tum Jaano Na Hum, Hum Aapke Hain Sanam, and Devdas - all with Eros website address on them.

Ali