It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:08 pm 

That's a shame that the film was edited. When I saw it theatrically, I felt that if anything it should've been LONGER. Alas, when filmmakers are under pressure to cut, things get lost. The whole point of that Anil scene at the club is to show how ridiculous and out of place he was there. I really don't think they should've reduced it. Oh well. Maybe someone will post a list of all the cuts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

Screen shots from the original Eros DVD (loaded with unskippable ads);

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:29 pm 
Got hold of a pirate loaned to me (ssshhh, don’t tell mhafner- :lol: ) at least the pirate print wasn’t as dark and didn't have those horizontal lines across the screen like shown in Eros original screen caps here, plus it included the scene with Anil dancing 1960’s style in attire of Elvis at a teens club that was the funniest scene.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:01 pm 

Just watched the original DVD by Eros with no complains. EROS seemed to have changed the main ad at the begining of the DVD after the EROS 25th logo, goes away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:45 am 

Does anybody know anything about this 2-Disc-Set by T-Series?

I cannot find out anything about it. The seller told me that the movie runs about 3 hours. That would be even less than the Eros version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:53 am 

Jola wrote:
Does anybody know anything about this 2-Disc-Set by T-Series?

I cannot find out anything about it. The seller told me that the movie runs about 3 hours. That would be even less than the Eros version.

If I remember correctly the film runs around 3hrs 35 min on the T-Series Disc, definately longer than 3 hrs. The transfer has compression artifacts galore with the stupid T-series logo in the upper right corner and with it's share of forced promos etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:32 am 

Thank you!

3h35min – this would mean that T-Series has nearly the theatrical version, which ran 217 minutes! But with less picture quality ...
As always it seems that we have the choice between crap and shit. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:53 pm 

Jola wrote:
Thank you!

3h35min – this would mean that T-Series has nearly the theatrical version, which ran 217 minutes! But with less picture quality ...
As always it seems that we have the choice between crap and shit. :roll:

thnx jola!! moo ha!! you are learning hindi dvd quality language :lol: crap vs shit!!it could not be better description or worded! :wink: 8)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:39 pm 

Can some one? Mr Hero, Singh Sahab, newdeep, Palito etc could give us details and SS from T series release?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:54 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
Can some one? Mr Hero, Singh Sahab, newdeep, Palito etc could give us details and SS from T series release?

i have seen a 1 Disc edition of this,AFAIK this is the only release prominently seen here

same as :

http://musicyogi.com/asp/movieDetails.asp?movId=MOV4328

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:08 pm 

music yogi link NOT working for me....

there was a 1-disc T-Series for sale here...but it is NOT a DVD9! of course the price is about 6$US...

i KNOW i saw a 2-disc T-Series set being sold last year and I was an idiot for NOT buying it...IF anyone has it, please do send me a PM...because from what I have heard it is nearly the theatrical release length...3hrs35mins...

i don't care about compression artifacts or all that...i can fix & remove all that. thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:11 pm 

My work on the DVD9 from EROS:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:01 pm 

they were showing a longer version of salaam-e-ishq on sony.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:07 pm 

Can you please show us screenshots of the cover (front/back) if you have it...and maybe sccreenshots from the movie? thanks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:45 am 

FarooqBhai wrote:
Can you please show us screenshots of the cover (front/back) if you have it...and maybe sccreenshots from the movie? thanks

Sorry FarooqBhai, i don't have the dvd. saw the full version on TV(at least 1/4 of the movie is cut off in the EROS version.)
I have seen the cover of the Salaam-E-Ishq at a store a while ago. It looked like this:

If you want the 2-disc t-series dvd version, i have seen a bunch of them on ebay.in, you might be able to find one that ships to wherever you live.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next