It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:50 am 

Urbanlegend, every shot you just posted is identical to those found on the Eros DVD. The menus, the picture, all of it. I guess, then, that the "TTE" version is just the Eros version, with a different cover (which, by the way, I'd appreciate if someone could post [or post a link to]).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:55 am 

i knew i smelled something fishy .. darn it .. i never saw the eros so didnt know .. the coming attractions from the main menu doesnt work (cant be clicked) thats what made me begin to think it was pirated or something .. oh well it was worth a try and i wanted this movie too bad it doesnt have ABs rusky voice ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:45 pm 

this is a must have movie for any AB fans
it really deserves a good transfer
we haven't had it yet and doubt it's going to happen, unless UTV or possibly BEI gets hold of it and fix it up, but that would be asking too much
i have the WEG version, which is pretty bad but it's the best one available :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:07 pm 

You know what, take Eros's DVD, and just replace its audio track with WEG's. There's about the best transfer we seem to be destined for. Maybe the HD-DVD of Agneepath will do it justice, but — for some reason or another — I find it difficult to believe that this will happen. :(

Post subject: weg eros
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:53 pm 

Quote:

Check this - http://www.erosentertainment.com/bollyw ... th-dvd.htm -- the cover of this EROS Agneepath DVD is same as that of WEG. And EROS has another cover available at http://www.mukulsananddreamsgalore.com/ ... -cover.jpg

Could it be that like Sholay, Eros now has both versions of Agneepath on DVD?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:46 pm 

no, eros website used stock photo of WEG dvd, as WEG came out first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:22 am 

NewDeep, Brownboy05 is right: Eros — the "official" source — is so retarded as to have used WEG's cover on their Web site. It's dumb, as I recall that Eros correctly had their own cover displayed for the title, some months ago. I recall having seen the WEG one displayed when I was browsing 2005's "Diwali Sale."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:19 pm 

Since Karan Johar came in, Dharma Productions have released movies on Sony BMG DVDs in India.

Now in a series titled "Bollywood Forever," Johars' following titles have been released on Sony BMG DVDs:
Agneepath
Duniya
Dostana

I will check out Agneepath soon. Hoping it has the original rasping voice of Amitabh ;-)

I also have the Eros version so would love to compare the two.

So far, I've heard of these Agneepath DVDs:
Sony BMG
Eros
TTE
WEG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:46 pm 

Wow, Newdeep: A new DVD of Agneepath would be great, as I feel that neither the WEG version nor the Eros (the only two of which I know) does justice to the film. I agree with you, as well: The new DVD ought to use Bachchan's "'raspy' voice," or at least provide the option of selecting which audio track you'd like to have play with the film. Also, some special features (decent ones, and not just fucking commercials of movies that are "now available" or "coming soon"), I feel, are called for. Now, I suppose two discs would be asking too much...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:27 pm 

I don't think SONY BMG INDIA are competent, but we'll see.

Post subject: some details
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:09 pm 

:arrow: It HAS Amitabh's raspy voice! I have a Venus tape of Agneepath dialogues and will compare with that just to make sure.

PAL DVD (runtime 2:47 PAL) - anamorphic - the credits are in correct theatrical aspect ratio - but as soon as credits are over, the picture is cropped slightly on the sides. Sound in Dolby Digital 2.0.

There is only one disc, and there are no special features :lol: Just English subtitles.

Post subject: artwork
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:47 pm 

The artwork on Sony BMG is much better than on WEG and EROS.

Post subject: Re: some details
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:43 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
:arrow: It HAS Amitabh's raspy voice! I have a Venus tape of Agneepath dialogues and will compare with that just to make sure.

PAL DVD (runtime 2:47 PAL) - anamorphic - the credits are in correct theatrical aspect ratio - but as soon as credits are over, the picture is cropped slightly on the sides. Sound in Dolby Digital 2.0.

There is only one disc, and there are no special features :lol: Just English subtitles.

:shock: wow!! cant believe it!!I am pinching my self!!Jalwa ho jaey pha ji!! Balle Balle! chak de phatte!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:00 am 

I'd like to see some screen-shots, please... :D !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:58 pm 

is it available online....? would love to get my hands on this one..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next