It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:33 am 

harry_rasul wrote:
Where is this set available besides musicyogi, and which is the cheapest site I can get it from?
Thank You
Couldn't find any other site :(

meanwhile, specs of all known dvd releases of lagaan are now available here:
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=2859

Note
At 1:21:23 on the Excel PAL discs (same as 1:25:00 on the R3 NTSC disc), there is no background dialogue/voiceover (spoken by the "story narrator Amitabh Bachchan" in Hindi). This "voiceover" is missing from R3 as well but is believed to be present in the theatrical print. On R3, this section is subtitled (even with the missing voiceover), but on Excel R0, this section is not subtitled. In fact, the theatrical print released in India had Amitabh's voiceovers (in Hindi) at quite a few places where English dialogue was being spoken on the screen. But no dvds seem to have all of these.
What about R1, R2?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:33 pm 

i think the r1 dvd had the same thing,no amitabh voicing just subtitles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:24 pm 

The R2-Discs have no voiceover either. Amitabh gives an introduction into the story at the beginning, that’s all, if I remember correctly. (Surely not at 1:21, as I checked.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:51 am 

From http://www.televisionpoint.com/news2007 ... 1183467227
Quote:
Following the launch of the Lagaan DVD, Actor - Producer Aamir Khan along with Excel Home Videos have planned a unique cricket match at Infinity Mall; Andheri (West), Mumbai.

The Match scheduled to be played on July 14 between the Lagaan XI and 11 lucky consumers of the DVD or VCD purchased from any Landmark store in India. The event is scheduled to begin at 2:00 pm and will be a spectator's delight.

Says Aamir Khan, "Lagaan DVD has been a landmark in Indian Home entertainment and in itself the celebration of the Spirit of Lagaan. We wanted to share the celebration with the fans of the movie and hence have planned this cricket match.

This match has already been played... if the highlights could be included as "extras" on the Madness In The Desert DVD, that would be so fab!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:23 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
NewDeep wrote:
Now on musicyogi -- CAUTION -- Hindi Audio only -- No subtitles!
http://www.musicyogi.com/asp/movieDetai ... Id=MOV4901

The English version -- Madness In The Desert -- is expected soon too...

Thanks for the updates, NewDeep. I'll wait for the version with English audio. I hope its not shorter than the Indian version. I wish they had released Chale Chalo with English subtitles in the first place! :baaa:

UPDATE
Madness In The Desert and Chale Chalo are different edits, and Excel are reportedly trying to incorporate both on one single dvd -- weighing dvd9 vs dvd18 options...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:30 pm 

My roommate won the lucky draw for the Lagaan cricket bat(s) held at retail stores in India (Planet M)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:12 pm 

I got the VCD of Chale Chalo a while back and its a pretty good documentary. It follows the making of Lagaan from the early script narrations to the nitty gritty of production. The participants mostly speak Hindi. The scenes where people speak extensively in English are dubbed over with the Hindi translation. My Hindi isn't so good but I could follow most of the film without subtitles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:28 pm 

I saw this set for sale in Toronto. As I didn't *love* the movie like most people (found the cricket portion way too long), I'll hold on to my Sony/Columbia R1 disc and wait for a bluray version of this flick.

Post subject: Re: The Lagaan Blog
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:12 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
NewDeep wrote:
Arguably the first of its kind in the world, the Lagaan DVD blog is up and running with Aamir Khan replying queries...

I posted a request to discuss the orangish hue in the CTS DVDs versus the yellowish hue in the Excel DVDs, but all AK replied was that he found the quality of Excel DVD much superior -- I personally agree but then would have loved if AK had discussed the hues in detail -- especially if he had posted his opinion on which hue was closest to the theatrically screened movie ;-)

Head here: http://www.lagaandvd.com/blog.php

yup!!only if he would be knowledgable re processing :(

http://www.lagaandvd.com/blog.php?topicid=66 << Last post by Aamir on the LagaanDVD blog (28 posts in all)

http://www.aamirkhan.com/ << operational from tonight (10 Oct 0000 Hours Indian Time)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:04 pm 

AAMIR KHAN wrote:
On 10th Oct, i.e. tonight, at 9pm Indian Standard Time (IST) I will come on for my first LIVE chat with y’all. I will remain live for precisely one hour 9pm to 10pm. SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE REGISTERED BEFORE THAT. And feel free to use the chat even before I come on, and I’ll join you’ll at 9pm.

Happening here -- http://www.aamirkhan.com <<corrected

Last edited by newDEEP [go-green] on Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:04 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
AAMIR KHAN wrote:
On 10th Oct, i.e. tonight, at 9pm Indian Standard Time (IST) I will come on for my first LIVE chat with y’all. I will remain live for precisely one hour 9pm to 10pm. SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE REGISTERED BEFORE THAT. And feel free to use the chat even before I come on, and I’ll join you’ll at 9pm.

Happening here -- http://www.aamirkhan.com

Pic from the first live chat in progress NOW!!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:20 am 

Lagaan will soon be shown on the Sony channel SET MAX. That would be a good opportunity to compare the hues/tones (colour) of the various transfers so far, assuming the SET MAX transfer would be true to theatrical.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:54 am 

Any idea of when this might be availabe on BluRay?

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:47 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
Lagaan will soon be shown on the Sony channel SET MAX. That would be a good opportunity to compare the hues/tones (colour) of the various transfers so far, assuming the SET MAX transfer would be true to theatrical.

scheduled on 8-June-2008, 12 Noon
From the teasers, looks like Columbia colours were more orange-ish than theatrical. Looks like Excel colours are closer home.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:11 pm 

How is it that MAX's version is any more faithful to the original film than either Sony's or Excel's?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next