It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:59 pm 

did you notice the AR on set max -- the shots look a little stretched vertically --- i guess that's the way to address 4:3 TVs as well as 16:9 TVs -- an ideal middleground ;-)

music channels too are broadcasting slightly anamorphic pics without saying so...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:14 pm 

The UK viewing has just finished now, and it was four hours long including adverts :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:17 pm 

sengh_15 wrote:
The UK viewing has just finished now, and it was four hours long including adverts :shock:

the columbia Tristar 2 Disc Pal Release comes closest to the TV release right ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:25 pm 

palito wrote:
sengh_15 wrote:

in terms of colours... not really... CTS dvds are more orange-ish...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:31 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
harry_rasul wrote:
keeping the packaging, extras, memorabilia aside..is it really worth getting another copy of the movie based on the PQ, sound(DTS)..if you already have the CT version..please advise...
depends on the kind of collector you are, and also depends on how involved you are with a certain title, I'd say :)

For example: I already have Lagaan R3 -- but I went in for the Excel 3-dvd and Excel 1-dvd as well. But I may not do this for every movie/dvd.

Some other titles I went for multiple versions/editions are:
1. Sholay
2. Bride And Prejudice
3. Apocalypse Now
4. Waqt (B.R. Chopra)
5. Alexander (Oliver Stone)
6. Star Wars - Original Trilogy
7. Refugee (J.P. Dutta)
8. Chariots Of Fire
9. Dances With Wolves
10. Leon a.k.a. Leon The Professional a.k.a. The Professional

What are your thoughts? Do share...

What is it that will trigger you to go for a second copy/edition of a title. If you recognize that trigger in yourself for Lagaan, go for the Excel LE...

Just bought my third version/dvd of Refugee -- this one's Moserbaer -- the other two I have are YRF and Gold.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:36 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
palito wrote:
sengh_15 wrote:

even the TV grabs looks more orange-ish right ?

excel is all yellow .... wat was the theatrical release like ? Yellow or orange ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:39 pm 

palito wrote:
NewDeep wrote:
palito wrote:
sengh_15 wrote:

even the TV grabs looks more orange-ish right ?

excel is all yellow .... wat was the theatrical release like ? Yellow or orange ?

The opening credits which reveal the movie name "Lagaan" are orange-ish in CTS dvds, but were yellow-ish in the set max tv screening. Excel is additionally a little greenish :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:20 pm 

Bottom line! irrespective of al frills, bells and whistles, imho, pal 2 disc CT DVD 18, is on the top, till we get BR by CT after cleaning, remastering, audio, video, with PCM or DTS HDM

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:22 am 

Zoran009 wrote:
Bottom line! irrespective of al frills, bells and whistles, imho, pal 2 disc CT DVD 18, is on the top, till we get BR by CT after cleaning, remastering, audio, video, with PCM or DTS HDM
i disagree ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:02 am 

TriStar Region 2 has way more detail, better colors.. The other versions have a sort of orange tint on them.. The film IS shot in sandy backgrounds and hot weather, but nope the orange tint on there is more then needed.. The sun-light in the screens looks more natural.. Maybe around 4k kelvin which is really the sun-light color..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:40 pm 

Hi, while this is just a general question, i am asking it on this thread as it pertains to the Lagaan DVD CT edition.
I was watching Lagaan last night on my PS3 and was very disappointed at the sound on the disc. To my best efforts i tried to configure the PS3 to get the sounds better but the dolby 5.1 track on the disc didnt please me. Is there a way to enhance the sound for DVD playback on the PS3? The dts tracks on my other DVD are super sharp. Is this only a dolby issue?
I have a 7.2 channel Sony HD amp. The sound plays well through on the center channel. The other speakers also play but quite soft compared to the centre channel. The bass is dismal. Songs like Ghanan Ghanan & Radha Kaise Na Jale has great percussion and plays really well from the CD. I expected better percussion range on the DVD. When i display the infor on the ps3 it says: Dolby Digital 5.1 - Multichannel 448Kbps.
Or maybe i am used the HD audio codecs now :) and DVD sound doesnt cut it anymore.

Any Suggestions??

Thanks

P.S. i have played around with the volume level on the amp with the speakers, and played with the PS3 audio output settings i.e. PCM / Bitstream

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:49 am 

mrbrat_Boy wrote:
Hi, while this is just a general question, i am asking it on this thread as it pertains to the Lagaan DVD CT edition.
I was watching Lagaan last night on my PS3 and was very disappointed at the sound on the disc. To my best efforts i tried to configure the PS3 to get the sounds better but the dolby 5.1 track on the disc didnt please me. Is there a way to enhance the sound for DVD playback on the PS3? The dts tracks on my other DVD are super sharp. Is this only a dolby issue?
I have a 7.2 channel Sony HD amp. The sound plays well through on the center channel. The other speakers also play but quite soft compared to the centre channel. The bass is dismal. Songs like Ghanan Ghanan & Radha Kaise Na Jale has great percussion and plays really well from the CD. I expected better percussion range on the DVD. When i display the infor on the ps3 it says: Dolby Digital 5.1 - Multichannel 448Kbps.
Or maybe i am used the HD audio codecs now :) and DVD sound doesnt cut it anymore.

Any Suggestions??

Thanks

P.S. i have played around with the volume level on the amp with the speakers, and played with the PS3 audio output settings i.e. PCM / Bitstream

In my opinion, Lagaan soundtrack was pretty laid back mix, not too bright or too loud. Only time you hear effects during cricket match dhol. Try LPCM on your Ps3, it can possibly make it a bit louder! We will see what kind of mix we will get on bluray!

While mix on audio of MK and Asoka were way more dynamic imo.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:34 pm 

Lagaan in HD and 5.1 on Netflix UK

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11