It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:17 am 

Stephen wrote:
FarooqBhai wrote:
LAMHE (by yash chopra) - by far...my most favourite bollywood film of all time...god, my YRF disc sucks...wish there was something a bit more beautiful than this trashy print

What would you say is wrong with the YRF DVD of Lamhe exactly?

Hmm! I thought LAMHE anamorphic is one of better (relatively) transfers they did along with Chandni, Aaina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:12 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
Stephen wrote:
FarooqBhai wrote:
LAMHE (by yash chopra) - by far...my most favourite bollywood film of all time...god, my YRF disc sucks...wish there was something a bit more beautiful than this trashy print

What would you say is wrong with the YRF DVD of Lamhe exactly?

Hmm! I thought LAMHE anamorphic is one of better (relatively) transfers they did along with Chandni, Aaina

I have the limited jewel-case edition of the Lamhe DVD from YRF -- the audio sucks!! My Time VHS has far better audio.

Zoran009 wrote:
NewDeep wrote:
On Indian YR Darr and Lamhe, the Dolby Digital 5.1 sounds like Dolby Digital 1.0 -- so even though it is not as bad as Sholay B4U where the same sound comes from all the 5 speakers at the same time, it is still bad because there is no separation... everything is oriented towards the centre speech speaker. Plus, the sound sounds harsh... unduly and unhealthy high treble. The worst treatment is of the "kabhi mein kahoo" song in Lamhe... it sounds artificial... like something was dubbed over the video!!! Other YR releases are good audio even with pseudo 5.1 -- for example, old movies Afsana, Dastaan, CID, etc... all good audio... I don't know why Lamhe and Darr are so messed up.

If the masters are the same as the U.S., then even U.S. releases would be as bad in audio.

Do let me know if you need more description. I'll try to write more on the menu options soon.

It is exactly what it is!! as you described..lol. but thanks god, dialogues dont spill in surrounds!! We might have to tune especially our AV reciever to get it possibly softer?

I still remember I used to have Chandni VCD and it was best stereo sound I ever heard from Chandni, both audio/video.

These findings support my claim, that it is same transfer. Why on the earth yrf, crook wankas will give India superior transfer man? :roll: :twisted: I hate those crooks from the bottom of my heart!!

Now as all YRF dvds are manufactured in INDIA so, now they decided to bring overseas same cover arts too..

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8408&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=lamhe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:39 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
the audio sucks!! My Time VHS has far better audio.

That what I was going to say as well .. the audio sucks big time on this DVD, the PQ .. so-so.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:44 pm 

urbanlegend wrote:
NewDeep wrote:
the audio sucks!! My Time VHS has far better audio.

That what I was going to say as well .. the audio sucks big time on this DVD, the PQ .. so-so.

Do we have any thing better lol? the dvd prior to this video was pathetic too, same as sound here

http://zulm.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2963&start=30

We have umpteen threads on these topics, every one is running one of their own lol. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:47 pm 

yeah i know the audio sucks on my jewel-cased DVD inside cardboard box from YRF (lamhe)...but can't seem to find any other print in my area...

i'm really just disappointed in the PQ as well :( i wanna cry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:47 pm 

How long is the DEI version?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:43 pm 

rana wrote:
DEI-EROS version is 3 hrs 13 min 13 sec ( Doesn't have Choclate Lime Juice song; this song was added to the film after DEI DVD release and by that time DEI EROS had broken up. ). MB/ Ultra version, as mentioned in one of the posts above is 3 hrs and 17 min. Choc Lime Juice song must be the difference.

How long is the Zee TV version (excluding commercials) ?? Does any version have any more film content than the DEI version once you add Ch LJ song into it ??

urbanlegend wrote:
Moserbaer DVD .. same as Ultra except minus the extras and the ULTRA logo (which is replaced by the transparent MB one though)

Moser Baer version is cut from all sides as compared to DEI. Much worst than Zee TV.

Yet to compare EROS SSs with DEI to check which version cropped in rel to other. We already know Zee version contains less picture area than DEI version.

quoted for you, Mere sengh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:12 am 

Thanks mere Arsh

The PQ on the DEI version looks better then the rest. Good only that one song was cut only, its not that I liked that song anyway!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:12 pm 

sengh_15 wrote:
Thanks mere Arsh

The PQ on the DEI version looks better then the rest. Good only that one song was cut only, its not that I liked that song anyway!

2 songs cut (chocolate lime juice / mujhse juda ho kar (when madhuri leaves salmans home)) plus some scenes were cut from DEI version.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:48 pm 

Thanks UB bhai, u saved me!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:21 pm 

sengh_15 wrote:
Thanks UB bhai, u saved me!

NP but for the quality of the disc its worth it ;) I have it plus this MB disc. I dont think there will be a full version with DEI+ quality ..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:56 pm 

True say, but most of the scenes in HAHK are brillant. I was gunna go for it because of the quality, but how many scenes are cut? Any important ones?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:16 pm 

sengh_15 wrote:
True say, but most of the scenes in HAHK are brillant. I was gunna go for it because of the quality, but how many scenes are cut? Any important ones?

Think of MB (or Ultra) version as a directors cut .. With DEI, nothing overly important missing. But if your a purist and want the full version plus quality .. then go for the DEI / MB (or Ultra) one like myself. Stay away from the cursed one though (read ERO$/B4U).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:25 pm 

From the shots looks like the DEI version is better.
However I wouldnt call this a movie since it did not have any story. Its just a bunch of songs that been combined together with some breaks i.e. the scenes.

A good option is to record the songs from Zee Tv removing all the breaks :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:02 pm 

halimali wrote:
From the shots looks like the DEI version is better.
However I wouldnt call this a movie since it did not have any story. Its just a bunch of songs that been combined together with some breaks i.e. the scenes.

A good option is to record the songs from Zee Tv removing all the breaks :D

typical YRF affair! No exception lol, but folks still liked their films for various reasons of their own :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next