It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 7:28 am 

First of all, I'd like to say hello to everyone here. I just heard about this site on the AsianDVDGuide forum, and it looks like a great place full of valuable information on Indian films, which I'm just beginning to fall in love with. I've only seen three of them so far, but I hope to see many more. And now, my question: Does anyone know what the English song lyrics are for the film MAINE PYAR KIYA (When Love Calls)? I'm planning on buying this film, but I was told on the AsianDVDGuide forum that the Eros DVD of this title (like many other titles in their catalog apparently, including my DVD copy of KHUDA GAWAH!!!) doesn't subtitle the songs. I've only seen this film once before, years ago on the big screen, so I don't remember what the song lyrics were (they were subtitled on the print that I saw), and I'm sure they're integral to the plot. Would there happen to be, by any chance, some kind soul out there who knows what the lyrics translate to in English, and could either post them on this forum or email them to me? I'd be forever grateful.....incidentally, if anyone needs the lyrics to the songs from KHUDA GAWAH (God Is My Witness), I could provide those, as I have a completely subtitled VHS copy of that. My fingers will remain crossed.......who knows, maybe there's a Bollywood film song lyrics website out there that I don't know about......now there's something I could use; print out the song lyrics for each film (organized in the order the songs appear in the film, and list the character that's singing each particular line), and read along when the musical numbers occur. Not a great substitute for subtitled songs, but better than nothing! Has anyone here contacted Eros and asked them what is up with their insufficiently subtitled DVDs, and if they plan to re-release them properly? Don't they know they'd sell more to rabid English-only-speaking Bollywood fans like me if they'd do that? Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful the DVDs are English-subtitled at all, but if you're going to go that far.......wouldn't it be just as well to SUBTITLE THE WHOLE DAMNED THING??? Ok. I feel better now. :-) One more question: what's up with Eros promoting video piracy? What's the skinny on these various DVD companies?

Edited By WaverBoy on Feb. 28 2002 at 02:29

Post subject: Ultra DVD of MPK
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:35 am 

In India, Ultra recently released the Maine Pyar Kiya DVD... and I do think it has English subtitles on the songs as well.

The DVD runtime is abt 185 minutes... it is NTSC... but looks like PAL-to-NTSC conversion because the theatrical runtime was 192 minutes.

The audio is very well done. About AR I am not sure whether it's cropped or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:55 pm 

My, after 4 years he finally got a response! Is it too late to say "welcome" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:41 pm 

LOL

He must have left the forum after writing such a detailed post and not getting a single response!