It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 12:12 am 

hi

i saw them showing some show about it on sony tv and the film looks good he said it better than scarface. might be might not i dont know until i watch. ab's way of talkin sounded cool i wanna see it anyone know the name please and is there a good dvd out for it also ?

if you dont know what film i mean, he wears white suits in the film he's supposed to be a don and said hai after every sentence maybe that helps <= yeh english hai. heh he also says that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 12:18 am 

Its Agneepath. It has been released twice, once by WEG and once by EROS. The one by WEG has his changed voice and the one by EROS has his original voice. I have both since I wanted to see teh difference and LOVE the movie.

It is a classic, released in 1990, directed by the late Mukul Anand it was the first of the trilogy where you saw Mukul Anand direct Amitabh (the other two being Hum and Khuda Gawah released in 1991 and 1992 respectively).

Going back to Agneepath he got the national award for it and it is BETTER than Scarface in my opinion...no one can better Amitabh not even Pacino. The DVD by WEG is better in my opinion both in terms of sound and the fact that it has Amitabh's changed voice which is fantastic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 12:23 am 

khaira thanks alot i also like how his voice is changed sounds really good hai heh :) by the way if eros has also released a dvd it must have come on b4 movies they repeat so much i could watch it on there someday. But you said the eros one was with the normal voice so i will get the WEG dvd thanks again

imran.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 12:52 am 
Site Admin

If you're going to get the DVD then definitely get the WEG version s its better of the two - not that it means much as both DVD are pretty bad. Faddy once upon time gave his view on it;

Agneepath review

...the Eros version actual uses the Scarface soundtrack on some scenes!

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 1:33 am 

Amitabh Bachchan's performance in Mukal S. Anand's AGNEEPATH is by far (IMO) his best performance of his career. He is the AL PACINO of Bollywood, and if one were to mimic an Al Pacino performance in a bollywood film, it can be done by no one other than Amitabh Bachchan.

Reflection
Image Aks
There is a stranger in your mirror

Post subject: saathi too
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:00 pm 

There are at least two Bollywood movies that ripped off Scarface... Agneepath ---and--- Saathi (Aditya Pancholi)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:52 pm 

until indian dvd company's use their heads, i have combined EROS picture with WEG sound and EROS sound too, so you can choose your audio as you play. But I did this sucessfully for VHS only.
-stereo=original deep AB voice
mono =re-dubbed lighter AB voice

I am sure more advanced viewers can make a dvd with 2 selectable audio versions.

Last edited by brownboy05 on Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:47 pm 

Another Scarface ripoff was the Shatrughan Sinha starrer, Aatishbaaz (this one was really really poorly done).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:58 pm 

I feel that Agneepath, certainly, was "inspired" (in part) by Scarface, but, in no world, would I describe it as a "rip-off." Ek Ajnabee, now there's a rip-off (of Man On Fire). (Bachchan's great in it, but it is, nonetheless, unforgivably..."ripped-off").