It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:15 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:45 pm 

PASSAGE TO INDIA, A

DVD Description

David Lean returned to filmmaking after a 14-year absence to direct this award-winning adaptation of E.M. Forster's novel. Adela Quested (Judy Davis), a young and spirited Englishwoman, travels to India alongside the somewhat older Mrs. Moore (Peggy Ashcroft). Mrs. Moore's hope is that her son, an administrator in the British Raj, and Adela will wed. Once in India, the two women pay scant heed to the customs followed by English society. They even agree to accompany a "native" -- the charming and educated Dr. Aziz (Victor Banerjee) -- on a tour of the mystical, ancient Marabar Caves. But their innocent outing turns ugly when Adela emerges from the cave's darkness accusing Aziz of rape. British authorities eagerly pursue -- even pressure -- Adela to go to court. The truth, however, is not as clear as the bigoted colonial government believes it is. Academy Award Nominations: 11, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress--Judy Davis, Best (Adapted) Screenplay. Academy Awards: 2, including Best Supporting Actress--Dame Peggy Ashcroft.

DVD Information

Title: PASSAGE TO INDIA, A
Actor/Actress: Davis, Judy , Ashcroft, Peggy , Fox, James
Director: Lean, David
Year: 1984
Runtime: 163M
Rating: PG
Language: English
Color: Y
Closed Captioned: N
UPC: 043396058521
Item Number: COL005852D
Special Features

DVD Features:
Region 1
Keep Case
Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
Single Side - Dual Layer
Audio:
Dolby Stereo Surround

***Just saw this film..wow what a beautifully made film, simply authentic, well made, genuine ..dvd is by CT..I caught on high def..simply enjoyed 8) I would recommend highly.

BTW!! I vaguely recall SS posted? :roll: If not..I'll. If yes? then this topic could be merged and closed. Unfortunately I could not locate.