It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:30 pm 

Thanks ganti. I was hoping that Faddy or Ali or one of the other guys could shed some light on this. Let me know when you watch it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:46 pm 

Sorry! Ganti, I will check my disc today!and will let u know! Dont worry!
? Replication problem, as these days DEI stuff is being vastly replicated or cloned! My source of disc is iw.com too..will keep u posted..cheers! :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:28 pm 

Namak Halaal (Dei) (IW)

Noticed that the song "Thodi si jo".. a frame for about 2 seconds repeats.

Later in the climax; i do recall the screen to be still as the audio continues momentarily for couple of instances.

:plain:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

Yep happens on my copy too. I would guess all DVDs of this Namak Halaal are like this as it looks like it was mastered this way by DEI. I’ve never completely seen this DVD but just checking it out now, colours look pretty dull on this – its one where the vivid colour settings in PowerDVD brings some vibrancy to the video.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:12 pm 

Ali,
I also noticed the dull colors. I haven’t watched yet but I have browsed through it long time ego and I think the image is little grainy too. But I think DeshPremi(AB) has lot more grain than this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:40 pm 
Site Admin

ganti wrote:
...But I think DeshPremi(AB) has lot more grain than this.

I would agree - Desh Premee by DEI was probably one of the grainiest films on DVD and probably one of DEI’s worst looking DVDs.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:17 pm 

Well! ganti, i checked my disc too, nope the song mentioned above plays perfectly! no glitch here!? so i dont know, picture quality is very good too! :baaa: :vsneaky:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:59 pm 

ali wrote:
Yep happens on my copy too. I would guess all DVDs of this Namak Halaal are like this as it looks like it was mastered this way by DEI. I’ve never completely seen this DVD but just checking it out now, colours look pretty dull on this – its one where the vivid colour settings in PowerDVD brings some vibrancy to the video.

Ali

Ali,
Does the song "thodisi jo" plays without duplicating frames for you?

When the songs goes to "..main bhi janu peena tto buri baat hai.. kaise na pyon pyasi yeh raat hai.. upar se haseeno ka hasee saath hai...", it repeats scenes for almost 2 seconds for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:40 pm 

Shuman, ali, ganti..would u like to chapter, time track mark for me that stop, i did not c that!? ??? :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

shuman wrote:
Ali,
Does the song "thodisi jo" plays without duplicating frames for you?

When the songs goes to "<b>..main bhi janu peena tto buri baat hai.. kaise na pyon pyasi yeh raat hai.. upar se haseeno ka hasee saath hai...[/b]", it repeats scenes for almost 2 seconds for me.

Yeh that the scene I checked - didn’t check climax of the film - video repeats for about 2 secs on this song at that point.

Arsh: try playing from 1:45:50 on PowerDVD – you’ll notice it once you look out for it.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 4:25 pm 

Arsh, Ali, Baap and Shuman
I watched the movie last night but haven’t noticed the problem. I will check it again tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:55 pm 

Double checked ali! Touch wood! my disc is clean! no hiccups at 1;45.50 on my powerdvd the point u mentioned, as a matter of fact the whole song plays perfect??? ;) ??? :baaa: :xmas:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

That's a surprise - I would have thought all copies will have the problem as its looks like a problem at source, I doubt a fault of this nature will come from replication.

Just to be sure this is scene in question (although they are probably more);

From top left to right, as you can see the second frame on the bottom strip jumps back to first frame – well does on mine copy anyway.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:06 am 

Check the fight scene....after Amitabh dives underwater and kills a baddie. Some scene repeating takes place there also.
Alos one scene to be checked out is the last fight scene... some frames get repeated in that also..

As for the song I have faced that problem in my disc also !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:59 pm 

arsh wrote:
Double checked ali! Touch wood! my disc is clean! no hiccups at 1;45.50 on my powerdvd the point u mentioned, as a matter of fact the whole song plays perfect??? ;) ??? :baaa: :xmas:

dude; you got an exceptional dvd!!!

i was going to grab screenshots, but that has been done by ali.

where are you about in the world? Can i (or ali) borrow your dvd for few days? ???

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next