It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:46 pm 

Uhh, the appearance of this thread rubs salt on my wounds. I have such a strong wish to source the Bollywood Entertainment DVD from somewhere. This is among the few must-see Bollywood oldies on my list for which I'm not ready to compromise on quality. Besides, some of the loveliest Lata songs, and the evergreen Asha number; claim home to this film. I would plead anyone of you to make the BE Mera Saaya available for me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:56 pm 

Ragz wrote:
Uhh, the appearance of this thread rubs salt on my wounds. I have such a strong wish to source the Bollywood Entertainment DVD from somewhere. This is among the few must-see Bollywood oldies on my list for which I'm not ready to compromise on quality. Besides, some of the loveliest Lata songs, and the evergreen Asha number; claim home to this film. I would plead anyone of you to make the BE Mera Saaya available for me.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mera-Saaya-H ... SwiBJZ98aS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:52 pm 

rana wrote:
Ragz wrote:
rana wrote:

BTW, SKY DVD is said to run at 2:11 hrs. The movie on YouTube is available with a running time at 2:08 hrs. According to the CC cert posted on DVD beaver, the film runs at 2:18 mins.
Hopefully the BEi version is complete.

BEI DVD run time is 2 hrs 16 min 33 sec.
So, can call it complete wrt 2:18 time on CC 1976 version.
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReview/merasaaya.htm

I wonder what was the orig release run time in 1966. One sequence in particular seems to indicate un-explained event. How did Sadhna manage to escape from the mental hospital (near climax). Perhaps, she ditched the security ?? May be, this was shown in the orig release ??

Film CC = 138 min
BEI DVD = 136 min 33 sec (No speed-up)
Internet version = 128 min 11 sec @ 4% speed-up = 133 min 15 sec film time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxuFJSbGUaM
Sky DVD = 131 min (Is it 4% speed up ??). If it's 4% speed up then it's 136 min 30 sec film time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:12 pm 

Just for completeness, the version on the film on the Zee5 app is 2 hr 5 min 19 secs - not sure whether this allows for a speed up or not, but either way, appears to be cut.

Is the Spark DVD a reprint of the Sky or BEI DVD, or a fresh transfer?