It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:54 pm 

DVD Decrypter, one of the best freeware programs for ripping DVDs has been shut down!!

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11914

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=270521

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:37 pm 

Been a few weeks now. Macrovision were behind the closure as they feared the author of DVD decrypter would smash their forthcoming DVD anti piracy measure (forgot the name).

A shame really as it was a great bit of software not only was it a good decypter it was also a good burning program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:51 pm 

it is supposedly back. some guy is takin donations. probably a scammer pretending to be the author of dvd decrypter.

i have the latest version. i prefer it to Nero to burn, and it's the only program i use to rip dvds. shame indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:46 am 

Oh man, that sucks. I love DVD Decryptor. It's truly great free software. I hadn't upgraded in a while (didn't feel the need to), but I love that the newer versions didn't tack on any spyware. It really is a shame that they've been shut down. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:21 am 

hi sorry to go a little off topic but i really need some help
i am using winavi video converter i have the iffa awards 2005 that is 3hrs and i tried encoding it into dvd format i put the settings so the space used can not be more then 4.3 gigs and i selected the "highest" picture quality, but when the encoding is done it comes to like 5.?? gigs is there a way that i can make it go onto a 4.7 gig disc without severly decressing the pic/sound quality? and how can i do it ( sorry i am not that expert at computers) thx and sorry i went a little off topic i didnt know where to put this thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:37 am 

izzy wrote:
hi sorry to go a little off topic but i really need some help
i am using winavi video converter i have the iffa awards 2005 that is 3hrs and i tried encoding it into dvd format i put the settings so the space used can not be more then 4.3 gigs and i selected the "highest" picture quality, but when the encoding is done it comes to like 5.?? gigs is there a way that i can make it go onto a 4.7 gig disc without severly decressing the pic/sound quality? and how can i do it ( sorry i am not that expert at computers) thx and sorry i went a little off topic i didnt know where to put this thx

http://www.dvd2one.com/

I used to use this long while back. I haven't kept up with the latest technologies, but this is a good program

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:40 pm 

Bigman wrote:
Been a few weeks now. Macrovision were behind the closure as they feared the author of DVD decrypter would smash their forthcoming DVD anti piracy measure (forgot the name).

I had read somewhere that it was sony, the creater of DVD Decrypter had there new system cracked within 72 hours!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:57 am 

punjabimunda wrote:
Bigman wrote:

I had read somewhere that it was sony, the creater of DVD Decrypter had there new system cracked within 72 hours!!

The early suspect was Sony but later it was confirmed that it was Macrovision.

Anyway not too worry Indian DVD producers cant get the picture and sound right so doubt they going to start using these new anti copying methods. So Decrypter will continue to work with bollwood DVDs.