It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:06 pm 

Title Saheb Bibi Aur Ghulam
Description Meena Kumari; Guru Dutt; Waheeda Rehman; Sapru; Dhumal
Director Abrar Ali
Brand/Distributor EVP
Genre Film, Drama
Subtitles None
Category DVD
Features
Year 1960s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:16 pm 

FYI...This was a rented DVD...I just rented it for the sake of screen shots for fellow zulmies...I have not watched it or heard it through a surround system.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:37 pm 

Ahhh ... reviving an old subject ... apologies :oops:

Settled down to watch SBAG DEI DVD. It played fine until the layer change and then the disc locked up! :shock:

I know that there were problems with DEI discs but this particular disc has been working a treat until now. :cry: I'm probably going to order another version of it as I have to have this movie ... it's one of my favourites. I still have the EVP release but this version does not have subtitles that I need when watching with non-Hindi speakers.

I notice that there are several versions of this movie out now by SKY, EROS, SPARK etc as well as DEI. Are there any differences in the prints / quality / subtitles? ... and has anyone had any further problems with the DEI version of this movie? ... also any recommendations for where to get this from?

Thanks in advance.

Muz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:12 pm 

I bought the DEI version late last year, which froze up on me. Been meaning to send it in to get a replacement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:12 pm 

send it out for replacement, I can not recommend a tamil version in this case lol..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:28 am 

DEI Shots Here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:01 am 

Thanks Guys. I am in the UK so I am not sure if I can get a replacement so easily now. It's been a while since that offer was made.

Also - looking at postage and stuff like that it will cost more to send for a replacement then buy a new copy (if I have to send it back to the US).

Play.com are selling the EROS and Spark version - so I might try the Spark version (does anybody know?). I'm hoping that it will be the same print etc as the DEI version. At least if I order from play.com I have more chance of easily getting it replaced when it rots again! :cry: This time however I'm going to make a back-up using a dual layered DVD and keep an ISO image of it on my computer.

Thansk again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:02 pm 

Any idea if currently avail BEI DVD of Saahib Biwi Aur Ghulam is on a better media??

Otherwise, EVP version should be almost as good/ bad as BEI (DEI/ BEI acquired rights/ master from EVP). All are PAL to NTSC converted Field Averaged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:30 pm 

The BEI/DEI-version is the best version thus?

How's the Sky-version? They're selling it on http://www.bollydvd.nl :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:09 pm 

I got the Spark version the other day. I haven't watched it yet. It is from a different source than the BEI version. The print is more worn than the BEI version ... but is is okay.

The BEI version has a slight jump in the 'Meri jaan achha nahin' song - in the spark version there are no jumps.

Will try to watch it sometime this week ... it's a good replacement as I already have the original EVP version with no subs. If I was watching without subs I would stick to the EVP version. I don't want to risk another rotting disc so am steering clear of the BEI version until I hear that the discs are being manufactured properly.

I do not know what the Sky or Eros version are like. Would be interested to hear if anyone has these versions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:30 pm 

Okay - just checked the Spark DVD again ... this is the same version as the Sky disc. It's just been re-badged as Spark. The menus and adverts on the disc are from Sky.

I would say that this disc is not perfect - but neither wass the BEI disc (when it worked). The image on this disc is more worn - but it is steady. The BEI/EVP version had major problems in the dark scenes where the dark shadows did not move in synchronisation with the lighter parts of the image. I don't know the technicalities of why this happened - but it created a very strange effect that was quite distracting. I watched the last couple of scenes of the movie where there many shadows. In the Sky/Spark version the image is rock steady - whereas the BEI/EVP disc it is a bit of a mess.

I think it's probably down to which ever version you can get for a good price. Neither are perfect but both are okay.

Still - I'm wondering what the Eros version is like. Has anyone seen this movie screened on B4U? It would give a good indiaction as to what this DVD would be like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:13 pm 

I have had the DEI one for a while...thankfully it hasnt freezed on me yet...I do like the print of the dvd...better than the eros version :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:48 pm 

My video store has this Ultra-version I don't trust. Maybe anyone can tell me how the PQ and SQ are?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:19 pm 

Don't buy the Ultra-version!

I got it hoping it would be the same als the DEI-one, but it isnt. It has a really soft picture, too much contrast and a really bad sound. :?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:29 am 

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9476&p=93906#p93906
Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam DVD now available in "Platinum Series" from MoserBaer.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9476&p=93906#p93906

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next