It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:59 pm 

Ok!! Shuman!! just checked my disc!! I bought mine, same day and sate DEI released it!! when they were alive!

SOUND is PUNCHY and as loud it can be!! Originally..Playing it side by side to MONSOON WEDDING..in DTS>>man!! it is FABULOUS!

Reason, for ur BADLY, REPLICATED disc with SCREWED VOLUME! YAAR! I dont know?

This replication thing is AWFULL! what else, I could say?

Any one else? who got thir dvd at the time it was released and I posted the SCREEN SHOTS! ur impressions on SOUND?
NATH( oh! he did not like movie, just songs, so he might not have it?
rana? Ganti, legend....??? :baaa: ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:29 pm 

I will check it tonite.

Remember, quite often we get bad sound due to improper settings or incompatible DVD-TV settings. For example, TV and/or DVD simulated surround is ON and in the process mono sound disappears, i.e. Left-Right channels cancel each other.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:56 pm 

arsh, if you checked your dvd by skipping chapters or going to songs menu. then you dont know what i am talking about.

the songs, the background sounds.. that is definitely punchy. the loudest i 've ever heard in indian cinema. but the vocals, the conversation, the human voices are LOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Art Is On Fire knows what i am exactly talking about, dont know whether it has anything to do with replication. and by the way, from the look of it, doesn't look like it's the replicated version of the dvd. anyhow!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:59 pm 

rana wrote:
I will check it tonite.

Remember, quite often we get bad sound due to improper settings or incompatible DVD-TV settings. For example, TV and/or DVD simulated surround is ON and in the process mono sound disappears, i.e. Left-Right channels cancel each other.

Rana

Checked the DVD last night. The sound was good, in songs as well as in dialouge. But, I had to turn the surround off from my TV. As expected for mono audio, with simulated surround 'ON' for a 2 speaker TV, the audio was unpleasant.

BUT I DID FIND A BIG SURPRISE.

Perhaps this is the only DEI DVD which is interlaced. No repeated frames either (30 frames per sec) to make it interleave by pixel to pixel comparison. It is a genuine DEI copy, comes from the same batch which contained 20 SAAL BAAD and DIL BHI TERA HUM BHI TERE that are progressive.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:38 pm 

Ok! Shuman, last word here! Just checked again, on my system with AV reciever set up, DIOLOGUES are as LOUD as songs! so?? :baaa: ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:16 pm 

arsh wrote:
Ok! Shuman, last word here! Just checked again, on my system with AV reciever set up, DIOLOGUES are as LOUD as songs! so?? :baaa: ???

ok ok.
can i borrow your SBAG copy? :sus:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:20 pm 

come over and get it! my pleasure, but first check with guys u bought it from? :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:51 pm 

artisonfire:
i have same problem as yours, i have apex dvd player and dont hear much of human voices. i have to put the FULL volume of my tv to hear anything. and the music plays as loud as hell??

mystery!!!

I recently tried playing the same disc on a dvd rom(panasonic). It played awesome, the sounds were definitely kicking or punching as arsh says. :)

thanks to all of you who responded; but the mystery remained mystery as to why a dvd player play certain part of the dvd correctly and other incorrectly in a consistent manner!! :angry:

Edited By shuman on 1033746763

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:58 pm 

Check ur connections, between tv and dvd and dvd audio..set up, if u dont mind! or try hooking ur dvd player to another tv, lol,..mystery will be solved!u r half way through..disc seems fine! :baaa:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:17 am 

How are the video and audio quality of Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam from DEI? I couldn't find any screenshots here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:38 pm 

This is perhaps the only DEI DVD that is in video mode (field averaged interlaced; PAL to NTSC transfer). DEI used same master, what they got from EVP. I think some video processing was done to improve the pic. I think, DEI version is better than EVP version. Definitely better than current Indian DVD releases.

Rana

Edited By rana on 1059755961

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:46 pm 

DEI SAHAB BIBI..is VERY GOOD LOOKING TRANSFER, Way better than Their BEES SAAL BAAD/KOHINOOR and YRF B&W crap..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:17 pm 

I remember reading it was interlaced, but I didn't know if it was field averaged. I prefer not to watch a PAL to NTSC conversion, but if it is watchable I might get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:34 pm 

Well, I'm not 100% sure, if it is really field averaged. I'm not 100% sure of PAL to NTSC either. Instead of PAL, it could have been 25 fps Digital to NTSC.

Recall, that original EVP titles that were interlaced (like Pyar Hi Pyar, Prem Kahani etc) were crystal clear pseudo-progressive where every 6th frame was a repeated frame. This indicates 25 to 60 transfer ( in 24 to 60 conversion , every 5th frame will be a repeated frame). This 25 could have been PAL or it could have been 25fps Digital.

Strange thing about SBG is that there is no repeat frame pattern at all in its 30 fps video (remember origin is from 24 fps film). Then it must have been field averaged, but very well done. No multi images or missing limbs, normal for field averaged DVDs these days. Also, the film doesn't have fast motion scenes. That helps too.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:56 pm 

[VThen it must have been field averaged, but very well done. No multi images or missing limbs, normal for field averaged DVDs these days. Also, the film doesn't have fast motion scenes. That helps too.]

thats what i was trying to communicate, i prefer this SBAG over prog kohinoor./ bees saal baad!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next