It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:12 pm 

What do you mean by 25fps digital?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:03 am 

My DEi Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam DVD has alot of disc freezing problems in the films second half near the ending. Can anyone second this, or is it just my disc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:39 am 

Anyone know of an online place that has this for around $9.99? I've seen no less than $15.99.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:08 am 

Dragun, Here are the links for the film you want...

Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam $12.99

Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam $4.99

$6.99 at indianDVDwala.com

Try Eros Entertainment too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:42 am 

buy from Indiaweekly.com and get a price match from them giving them the dvd dhamaka link with the cheaper price. I did that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:06 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:21 am 

and dragun, should you get refused by the so.and.so; you can always pricematch to NX for the lowest price. but i dont believe they have the DVD in stock at the moment! so all the luck!

:O :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:48 pm 

monizam wrote:
I got mine from Nehaflix for 5.99 with free shipping..even though at the time it was listed at 9.99..
the do give you the old price even after the sale goes off..
unfortunately indiaweekly will not do that..

Do Nehaflix do price match? And how do you get Nehaflix to process the sale price once the sale is removed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:36 pm 

1. You place order with NX.
2. You will receive a receipt thru email in about 30 seconds.
3. If you making payment using CC, they will not charge it right away.
4. However, if you send them email right away they will be able to make changes/updates to the order. Depending on how busy they are; you will receive an email within 48 hours.
5. should they refuse to do any request you have, they will let you know. usually the refusal rates are very less.
6. should you have any further questions, you can contact them via email.. that is how i learned about their courteous service.

you can write to them before you place order as well. many says they dont get response at all, but i 've received prompt response almost half the time.

i would recommend you to email them first. if you receive a good vibe, only then proceed further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:45 pm 

Thanks Shuman. Guess, I'm not experienced in dealing with Nehaflix. Their policy is to declare full value of dvds to customs, hence for overseas customers it causes problems. But I'm considering ordering from them again to get titles that were faulty at IW. I hope Nehaflix's dvds are not from the same batch as IW!

Edited By armaan on 1065041238

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:10 pm 

As far as customs, they can only put an amount sounds/looks appropriate for the size of package. i never knew that NX ever put the actual price on their package. In any case, write to them what you want and see what their response is.

My recommendation is to buy 4 - 6 dvds at one time. and also email them to remove any receipts from the package.

As for the new batch D/BEi dvds. they will honestly will let you know if you write to them before hand. i got DEi's INKAAR recently played smoothly, and i knew it's the new batch.

and armaan, you being overseas customer.. it's really hard to get the deals especially when shipping cost so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:27 pm 

shuman wrote:
As far as customs, they can only put an amount sounds/looks appropriate for the size of package. i never knew that NX ever put the actual price on their package. In any case, write to them what you want and see what their response is.

My recommendation is to buy 4 - 6 dvds at one time. and also email them to remove any receipts from the package.

As for the new batch D/BEi dvds. they will honestly will let you know if you write to them before hand. i got DEi's INKAAR recently played smoothly, and i knew it's the new batch.

and armaan, you being overseas customer.. it's really hard to get the deals especially when shipping cost so much.

Despite the high shipping and handling charges, buying from USA works cheaper for me, in fact, its about one-third of the cost in comparison to UK!

As for Nehaflix, they have made it clear they will NOT declare less than the actual goods to customs. The follow the law precisely, hence dvds are insured and invoices with prices included in the package. None of that can be changed! Nevertheless, I think I will still escape custom charges if I order 4 or less dvds.

In the past, I have never emailed these companies to establish if DEI/BEI dvds is from the new BEI batch with BEI logo. But in light of the faulty DEI logo dvds I received, I might start doing that. But the logic doesn't always follow, as I received my INKAAR from IW about a month ago with DEI logo and it works fine. In fact, it appears to be of gold media - although thats getting a bit technical for me!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:43 pm 

something more to know about sbag

http://www.zulm.net/cgi-bin....8;&#top

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:36 pm 

Clipper wrote:
something more to know about sbag

http://www.zulm.net/cgi-bin....8;&#top

I've read about that problem, but from what I hear the disc is quite watchable. Progressive isn't as much of a buying issue for me as it is for some here. For example, BEI's progressive Kabhi Haa Kabhi Naa looks worse than many Ayngaran interlaced or "pseudo-progressive" (in Zulmi lingo) discs.

Now, if someone could tell me whether the disc is PAL to NTSC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:41 pm 

DESPITE being non prog, SBAG is THE BEST LOOKING BLACK AND WHITE transfer, I have ever seen, so far on HINDI DVD>>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next