All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:55 pm 

arsh wrote:
Pav wrote:
Rita wrote:
Worth a buy!

lmao, you are the first...here :shock:

Pha ji!! There are always right ones and the left ones too!!
But now u have rana too!! :lol: :wink: :roll: and may be Nicole Kidman will be third one to buy this dvd for her son :?: 8)
Balle Balle!!

I'm waiting to see if the DVD comes out Hollywood standard?? I expect it to be just like all other Hollywood DVDs. If so, then sure B&P deserves a place in our collection because of "the best Indian DVD to date" (Film is not great but is not that bad either). But, if it's PAL to NTSC converted Field Averaged, then it'll make a nice coaster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:00 pm 

Rana I have purchased so much DEI stuff for good dvd sake!! But this one for $22 no no!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:02 pm 

are you going to be our test monkey rana? :D I wouldn't waste $15 to $20 some odd bucks on this DVD even if it was up to Hollywood standards. maybe IF a better looking actress had been in the film,i would've :P anyway, DVD-R for me! :lol:

edit: I'd rather save the money towards good iDream dvds!

we are quick to reply arsh! LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:30 am 

Pav wrote:
are you going to be our test monkey rana? :D I wouldn't waste $15 to $20 some odd bucks on this DVD even if it was up to Hollywood standards. maybe IF a better looking actress had been in the film,i would've :P anyway, DVD-R for me! :lol:

OK, Come 5th July, I will rent B&P to check it's encoding. I'll buy it if I like its encoding.
BTW, DVD pricing in Canada is something like this:
Example:
(All Canadian dollars)
List price $ 29
1st week Sale Price around $ 20
Then slowly goes up to $25 - $26
7-8 weeks later at shelf price i.e. list price ($29)
At the same time, previewed DVDs become available for $ 12 or so.
A Year or so later, DVDs go down to under $10.

So, price of a DVD is no hinderance. Whatever price you want, it'll be at that price one day or another. Question is whether to have it in collection or not.

-----------------------------

BTW, I have been looking for i-dream Progressive DVD names. I would like to buy some. Can you or someone knowledgeable of i-dream's good DVDs start a new thread with film name, Audio-Video Quality, Encoding Type, source, and some kind of film review or synopsis??

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:00 pm 

rana wrote:
Pav wrote:

OK, Come 5th July, I will rent B&P to check it's encoding. I'll buy it if I like its encoding.
BTW, DVD pricing in Canada is something like this:
Example:
(All Canadian dollars)
List price $ 29
1st week Sale Price around $ 20
Then slowly goes up to $25 - $26
7-8 weeks later at shelf price i.e. list price ($29)
At the same time, previewed DVDs become available for $ 12 or so.
A Year or so later, DVDs go down to under $10.

So, price of a DVD is no hinderance. Whatever price you want, it'll be at that price one day or another. Question is whether to have it in collection or not.

-----------------------------

BTW, I have been looking for i-dream Progressive DVD names. I would like to buy some. Can you or someone knowledgeable of i-dream's good DVDs start a new thread with film name, Audio-Video Quality, Encoding Type, source, and some kind of film review or synopsis??

Thanks.

I'll wait for NICOLE KIDMAN's COASTER lol..

Just kidding!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:49 am 

Sanjay is right (previous pages of this thread). In India, Sony BMG DVDs of both the original and the dubbed versions (both R0 NTSC) were released long before any other DVD in any other country hit the market... That's a first for India ;)

Also, there are interesting differences:

1. U.K. theatrical print of the original BAP is SHORTER!

2. U.K. theatrical print of the dubbed BBATLA is LONGER! You can check the BBFC site for proof 8)

3. U.K. R2 DVD (Pathe! Distribution) features the shorter original-language edit BUT has the best set of extras.

4. U.S. R1 DVD also features the shorter original-language edit.

5. Australia R4 DVD is also the shorter edit.

6. R3 DVD has DTS!!!! This is from Asia Video (HK). It appears to be 114 minutes runtime NTSC.

7. R3 StarMax Korean DVD is 101 minutes NTSC.

8. Indian theatrical release of BBATLA is the longer (nearly 120 minutes) dubbed edit.

9. Indian SonyBMG DVD of BBATLA is the longer (118 minutes) dubbed edit. (No subtitles)

10. AND... Indian SonyBMG DVD of BAP is RARE... This is the longer (118 minutes) original language edit available nowhere else on earth ;) not even on theatrical prints... except perhaps the Indian theatrical edit of BAP. (no subtitles)

-----

Alernate versions:

R0 India - (Sony BMG) - This is a longer edit (nearly 118 - 120 mins - NTSC). Unfortunately, this edition also includes substitutes as the word "mamma" is replaced with the word "choli" (one example). "Mamma" is slang in India for "breasts," apart from being a word for "mother," while "choli" means "blouse." The theatrical release in India used "mamma".

---
Can the title of this thread include the words "alternate versions)? Thx.