It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:31 am 

Ragz wrote:
Their words can definitely be vouched for! The Video Sound version, based on the screenshots, sure does look like one of the best looking DVDs of an Indian film. Is the DVD also encoded as 24 fps?

I think, I had more than one SD version of this film but at the moment found one SD-Video Sound version. It's not anamorphic and is pseudo-Progressive & has Subtitles. Recall, it was common with SD-VS titles that original SD solo release were 24 fps Progressive & no subtitles. Same videos turned pseudo-progressive as subtitles were inserted.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:07 pm 

Early Video-Sound release.

The Anamorphic Video-Sound/Spark release looks much better. Screenshots are available on page 1 of this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:01 pm 

Ragz wrote:
Early Video-Sound release.

The Anamorphic Video-Sound/Spark release looks much better. Screenshots are available on page 1 of this thread.

rana wrote:
Ragz wrote:
Their words can definitely be vouched for! The Video Sound version, based on the screenshots, sure does look like one of the best looking DVDs of an Indian film. Is the DVD also encoded as 24 fps?

I think, I had more than one SD version of this film but at the moment found one SD-Video Sound version. It's not anamorphic and is pseudo-Progressive & has Subtitles. Recall, it was common with SD-VS titles that original SD solo release were 24 fps Progressive & no subtitles. Same videos turned pseudo-progressive as subtitles were inserted.

Found another SD-VS (mainly SD) copy. It is 4 GB, 24 FPS Progressive, not anamorphic (vertically stretched though, meaning wide AR), no subtitles, 2 Ch audio.
This one is perhaps the original SD release and what I bought in those days, most likely was a cheap copy (there was more demand for subtitled DVDs). As I mentioned earlier, original SD DVDs used to be Progressive but without subtitles, and later when subtitles were inserted by Video Sound, these turned pseudo-progressive. PQ is about the same in both DVDs, may be a slighly better PQ in Progressive DVD if watched in Progressive (Force Weave) mode but the later versions have 5.1 audio. (Playing this 5.1 audio, I don't hear anything coming from rear speakers ??)

Not sure if original film really had 5.1 audio ?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Added Later:
Quote:
PQ is about the same in both DVDs, may be a slighly better PQ in Progressive DVD if watched in Progressive (Force Weave) mode but the later versions have 5.1 audio. (Playing this 5.1 audio, I don't hear anything coming from rear speakers ??)

But, getting a second opinion on PQ, they said the Pseudo-Prog version looks better PQ. (Pseudo Prog version is DL and hence higher bit rate). So, I'll say, both versions PQ is about the same and is pretty good.