PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:23 pm 

Main Intaquam Loonga 1982

Starring: Dharmendra, Reena Roy, Nirupa Roy and Amrish Puri
Music: Laxmikant Pyarelal
Directed By: T Rama Rao

To Buy DVD Click Here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:26 pm 

Like many recent Eros titles, subtitles are irremovable in many parts of the film. Fortunately the songs are not cemented with subtitles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:14 pm 

armaan wrote:
Like many recent Eros titles, subtitles are irremovable in many parts of the film. Fortunately the songs are not cemented with subtitles.

Really? :shock:

I never came across any titles where the subtitles are not removable. Can you mention some titles where they cant be removed?

Is it me, or do these shots look faily good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:17 pm 

I was very happy with the print until I came across the irremovable subtitles that make me go mad as they look so disgusting and take up half the screen.

Fortunately Main Intaquam Loonga is not very badly affected as the subtitles are cemented on the screen only in the last hour of the film. The songs are not subtitled so that's a compensation.

In Bezubaan, the subtitles are cemented on in the first hour, and near to the interval they become removable. Bahu Begum and Dostana have irremovable subtitles all the way through the film! I can't think of other titles off my head, but I have experienced this often with Eros. If people have any of these titles can they please check, as they may have rectified these problems on later batches.

It is so stupid, that they give you a decent print but are just so careless with the subtitles. Sometimes other inferior brands have this problem too, but only with Eros it effects half the film and not all of it for some reason...

Anyway, the print is very recommended!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:43 pm 

This is an Eros DVD?! Bloody hell. Something must have gone wrong while processing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:49 pm 

armaan.. i think i mentioned sometimes ago, my Dostana DVD has subtitles thar are removabale.

the only dvd that i came across has burnt subtitles is SAHIBAAN (Eros/DEI) release with arabic subtitles. my JOSH DVD has subtitles opton, but doesn't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:59 pm 

I have Dostana pirate sourced from Eros and the subtitles are removable, but on the original they are cemented. This is strange. Not sure whats going on... Maybe they resolved the issue in later batches? I wonder if other people on here have Dostana with removable or cemented titles?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:10 pm 

Thank you for taking nice shots armaan!!

This is too good from eros for $2.99. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:12 pm 
Site Admin

bhaskar wrote:
This is an Eros DVD?! Bloody hell. Something must have gone wrong while processing it.

I was thinking the same! :rofl:

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:26 pm 

armaan wrote:
I have Dostana pirate sourced from Eros and the subtitles are removable, but on the original they are cemented. This is strange. Not sure whats going on... Maybe they resolved the issue in later batches? I wonder if other people on here have Dostana with removable or cemented titles?

Isn't it possible to rip the DVD and remove the subtitles?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:46 pm 

Now that sounds like a good idea, but I don't know if it will work. What do the experts on here think? I will give it a go and let you know the results...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:51 pm 

Muz wrote:

Muz - That was a great idea, now why didn't I think of it? I tried it with Bezubaan and it worked. I can finally watch the rip without the ugly subtitles!

I am still curious as why I end up with so many DVD with burnt subtitles and other people have the same DVD where the subtitles are removable. Are there no DVD experts on here that can enlighten me on this issue. :?:

Anyway, I must thank you for suggesting it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:45 am 

Maybe your player is on the blink, man! Try a different player and see if the problem still exist!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:42 am 

armaan wrote:
Muz wrote:

Muz - That was a great idea, now why didn't I think of it? I tried it with Bezubaan and it worked. I can finally watch the rip without the ugly subtitles!

I am still curious as why I end up with so many DVD with burnt subtitles and other people have the same DVD where the subtitles are removable. Are there no DVD experts on here that can enlighten me on this issue. :?:

Anyway, I must thank you for suggesting it. :D

No problem! It's how I got rid of the French subs from Devdas. Glad that it worked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:49 am 

JamesBond007 wrote:
Maybe your player is on the blink, man! Try a different player and see if the problem still exist!
No, the subtitles are definately faulty on the disc, and the problem exists on all my DVD players including the computer drives.