It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:00 pm 

monizam wrote:
rana wrote:
monizam wrote:

DEI's ethics has been questionable and no one is using them to author dvds anymore..

DEI's ethics of Film to NTSC Progressive encoding for a "Film DVD" is no cheating. Ethics are questionable for a Film to PAL to NTSC Field Averaged "Video DVD". Keep in mind difference between Film DVD and Video DVD.

Rana

why dont you look up "ethics"in the dictionary...

I was going to respond to this but only after finding a fanatic definition of 'ethics'. Didn't get a chance so far.

In the meanwhile, DragunR2 clarified the term 'ethics and DVDs', exactly as I would have.

Rana

P.S.
Note for Prof Monizam:
Do you agree with DragunR2's use of the term ethics?? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:20 pm 

DISCERNING or CARING consumers have expectations. Most Indian DVD buyers (or VHS renters or audio cassette buyers...) have no standards. Perhaps I wasn't entirely clear above.

Care to explain how using VHS masters on DVDs is ethical? I'm looking forward to this one. If you are going to constantly rag on only DEI, be fair and call the other companies on their problems, which they are still doing and are far worse than what DEI has done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:12 pm 

Yaar monizam, u r so touchy with a freezing free be, if u had to pay for that to watch, it would be another september 11, man!!ha ha..just joking, ofcourse.

I did originaly, offered u rationale alternative, and i swear, if i would have tamil version, of that dvd, i would send u FREE to watch..but u left rationality out, and just made this thread beating up the BEI bush thread!

Thats not my bush, so, beat it to death, i dont mind!!
ur rational, alternative was, as u decided, watching tamil version, with sub titles, if u were really desperate watching the entire, damn film..and u dont know the language..

I watched KK that way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:33 pm 

I think the thread developed like this when you responded to Arsh's suggestion for finishing the film:

Quote:
Is this your answer for another BEI screw up-
Also is this your alternate way of getting them off the hook..

His suggestion was perfectly fine, if one wants to finish the film. I'm not sure what you were expecting by starting this thread in the first place, especially since there were threads about this issue from a long time ago. It seems to me that you were fishing for complaints about BEI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:35 pm 

I am glad dragun, you being his friend as monizam claims, have reasonably figured out, that my suggestion was wishful/sincere!
thnx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:21 pm 

I know the first post was from a friend, but again, what is the point of posting it when there have been a few threads about this title specifically in the past? And why couldn't your friend post it himself if he wanted it posted here? The retort "Is this your answer for another BEI screw up" is your own, and it is quite obvious from that response that you weren't satisfied that Arsh didn't say anything bad about BEI in his response. Nobody was "locking horns" about BEI until you responded rather callously to Arsh's suggestion as to how to finish the film.

Neither Rana, Arsh, nor I have ever been one sided in our postings about BEI and their problems. We have acknowledged numerous times that they have used bad media in the past and that their new BEI transfers aren't up to their usual standards. Tell me what company is doing a better job with their DVDs or has ever done a better job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:20 am 

Welcome aboard sweetfriend. I am.... well as you can see........please be gentle with me on this here forum :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:22 am 

here we go again, lol, freezing abhay! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:26 am 

sweetfriend wrote:
no one is fishing for complaints about BEI--It is all about a Frozen DVD
Need to find the other threads on the Abhay DVD
Please help --

Search button, man!

viewtopic.php?t=2650&highlight=abhay

viewtopic.php?t=2116&highlight=abhay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:06 am 

DragunR2 wrote:
sweetfriend wrote:
no one is fishing for complaints about BEI--It is all about a Frozen DVD
Need to find the other threads on the Abhay DVD
Please help --

Search button, man!

viewtopic.php?t=2650&highlight=abhay

viewtopic.php?t=2116&highlight=abhay

Say it sweetly man! We don't want to scare our sweetfriend off! :laugh: :lol:

Post subject: Re: DEI-ABHAY
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:41 pm 

8 years later, I still can't get hold of Abhay on DEI/BEI DVD that works! Same freezing problem at the same scene mentioned in hotel room.
Can someone sell me a working copy please?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:16 pm 

Found a Back Up copy of DEI Abhay on 2 DVD-Rs. (Just checked and as expected, back up copy does work all the way thru).

Yes, there was a time when Rotting/ Time-Bomb DVDs was a common occurrence and I wouldn't open a sealed case until I was ready to make a back up copy. Can't find my orig, must have thrown when it rotted ??

Even now, there are certain brand old stock that if I want, my first task is to back it up as soon as as I open the seal. Sure enough, some of them are the type that works for a few hours/ days and then stop working. Some I find rotten as I open the case and luckily some keep working if not from the old in-famous batches.

-----------------------
brownboy05, PM me your mailing address if DVD-Rs OK.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:58 pm 

rana wrote:
Found a Back Up copy of DEI Abhay on 2 DVD-Rs. (Just checked and as expected, back up copy does work all the way thru).

Oops! Spoke too early. I had checked it, not playing at regular speed but scanning and ch advancing, and it seemed to be OK. Now, when I played it in full, it showed trouble signs. Still trying to assess playability. I would say, it's mostly playable but it does get stuck at many places, picture pixelates etc. Still trying to see if it plays till end, with some 5-10 min segments where it does get stuck.

Still it may very well be the most survived content of Abhay DVD.

BTW, sound in the DEI DVD is a killer. Excellent.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:20 pm 

I would love a copy of that ranaji! I remember back in the day when this was first released, there was a pirate DVD of this. It had a picture of Hey Ram on the front but the DVD was watchable. I don't know where that DVD has disappeared to and neither I can find it. I would pay money to find that DVD again mainly because the DEI has the freezing problem and I really wanted to watch this film again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:41 pm 

I vaguely remember that my copy was a bomb copy too but possibly got that replaced before Bei got extinct . I am out of town so when get back shall check and report if replacement done and if still works;(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next