It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:42 am 

It's the Pal speed-up. It really bothers me also - and I do find myself going back to the Eros version instead of this version to watch the songs :oops:

Same with Sholay - the sound quality on the French DVD is awful - infact I think that sound was probably the only thing Eros get right (from time to time). :oops: :oops: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:32 am 

hmm, now although I havent fully tested it, the german Taal DVD sounded fine. What did that disc do right ?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:40 pm 

theon wrote:
anyone want to mail me a copy of their dvd split over two DVD-Rs??

i could probably rip off the French subtitles, add English subtitles (and other foreign language subtitles from the Eros version), make it region free...split the movie at the intermission and put all of the songs on Disc 1 so you don't have to switch discs to watch the songs...i can trade something in return...just a thought...

Can anyone help me with this? I need the Diaphana version over two PAL DVD's (I'm in the UK) with synced english subs. I need it for a public screening (rights agreed) but would rather not use the Eros version.

Many thanks in advance

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:21 pm 

Muz wrote:
It's the Pal speed-up. It really bothers me also - and I do find myself going back to the Eros version instead of this version to watch the songs :oops:

Same with Sholay - the sound quality on the French DVD is awful - infact I think that sound was probably the only thing Eros get right (from time to time). :oops: :oops: :oops:

Wondering if anyone tried the PAL 2 NTSC Patch Method posted over at VideoHelp.Com. I personally used it for a Personal Wedding DVD which was PAL. Even though it didnt retain the menus the movie was perfect. I did this with a Pakistani Drama and it worked as well. I will be trying this method with Devdas Diaphana, which I have a copy of on two DVDrs. If it works it will be great since the quality is MUCH better than the Ero$ version and plus I dont have a NTSC/PAL player and am forced to view it on my computer when I want to.

The PAL 2 NTSC Link: Click Here

All you need a freeware program, IFOEdit: Click Here

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:32 pm 

urbanlegend wrote:
Muz wrote:

Wondering if anyone tried the PAL 2 NTSC Patch Method posted over at VideoHelp.Com. I personally used it for a Personal Wedding DVD which was PAL. Even though it didnt retain the menus the movie was perfect. I did this with a Pakistani Drama and it worked as well. I will be trying this method with Devdas Diaphana, which I have a copy of on two DVDrs. If it works it will be great since the quality is MUCH better than the Ero$ version and plus I dont have a NTSC/PAL player and am forced to view it on my computer when I want to.

Thanks Legend! Rip it and add vob files on ur ps3, satream or view direct. Ps3 can play back pal from hard drive not from dvd though.

your split copy should be already region free!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:49 am 

nitin77 wrote:
hmm, now although I havent fully tested it, the german Taal DVD sounded fine. What did that disc do right ?

German release of Taal by REM was fantastic - and even went fuller frame than anything else I've seen. REM also does a good job on pitch correction.

I really wish someone had posted those 3 comparison shots from the previous page - link is dead now :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:37 am 

FarooqBhai wrote:
German release of Taal by REM was fantastic - and even went fuller frame than anything else I've seen. REM also does a good job on pitch correction.

REM's Taal DVD is not pitch-corrected. Which is a good thing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:57 pm 

Anwar wrote:
Does anyone has the song "Woh chaand jaisi ladki" in his or her Eros-version of DEVDAS?!?! Image

Yupp I Do..It Comes When Srk Goes To See Aish At The Night (After He Returns From U.K)

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:26 am 

just two lines, not the entire song! :(

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:57 am 

Hmm..Ho Sakta hai Biddhu, Coz I Forwarded The Songs In Devdas 8)

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:23 pm 

Darn! Bhai waal, we thought songs were the best thing in the film :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:40 pm 

I Thought Jackie And Madz Were The Best In This Crappie Movie :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:01 am 

urbanlegend wrote:
Muz wrote:

PAL to NTSC conversion: If there is a 4% speed up in PAL, normal PAL to NTSC converters will not slow it down back to orig speed. Why should they ?? Normal PAL TV is not 4% speed up.

It just happens that Film to PAL transfer is simpler if they speed up the running by 4% so that 25 film frames make up 50 PAL fields. When converting from PAL to NTSC, transfer routine does not know, & how would it know, that the PAL program was speed up 4%.

Once known that PAL is coming from a direct film source and 25, instead of 24, film frames have taken up 1 sec of run time, some programs can separate out 25 orig frames (1 sec) and then re-record them in NTSC @ 24 fps (24P), the original film speed will be restored.
I think, some EVP Hindi DVDs were really Film to PAL to NTSC converted this way and hence remained orig speed.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:29 pm 

Hero wrote:
I Thought Jackie And Madz Were The Best In This Crappie Movie :lol:

Jackie :shock: but madz sure it was! but music was rsvp, and madz/ash jolting together was mass sell out imho

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:32 pm 

Madhuri Was Awesome, I still say Ash's character was very similar in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam!!!

Maardala, Kaahe Chhed Mohe and Dola Re were totally a choreographic moment in Bollywood History!!!

Is this Diaphana version worth getting?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next