It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:35 am 

I think Indian DVD-makers love to let people know that the shit you're watching came out of their anal cavity. Eros is perhaps the most obvious example of this ideal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:56 pm 

yes u can say that again about companies letting people know that the shit we watch comes from thier anal cavaties!!!!!!!!! surely Eros is the worst example.

i brought PHIR WOHI RAAT off them directly.

shit quality beyond belief, very dark print, worse than a VHS.

i complained to them and they said they wont refund me coz theres nothing wrong with it.

the lady i spoke to said that that is how thier DVD's are "remastered" and that "nobody has complaints against thier quality".

you should have seen them recently at the Zee carnival in London.

they were selling all thier recent (and some old) titles 4 for £10. like Zinda, chocolate, no entry, shadi no.1, ek ajnabee, sholay, zanjeer etc

of course, nobody was interested in thier shit.

cant blame them

Post subject: AAJ
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:04 pm 

U mean the Apollo booth? I thought they went under !!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:40 am 

Man, let's just band together and burn Eros's corporate headquarters to the ground. INQUILAAB ZINDABAD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm 

if someone gave me a gun and asked me 2 choose who to shoot for providing the worst dvd quality, i'd aim and kill in the following order:

1) Eros
2) Apollo
3) Yashraj
4) Eagle
5) Video Sound
6) Tip-Top
7) Spark
8) Music India
9) India Weekly
10) Rainbow/Venus

actually on second thoughts: Eros all the way

i can forgive the others, but not Eros

the b******s have rights to some of the finest ever films. look at what they do to them

examples: the Bachchan titles, evergreen classics like Guide, Seeta Aur Geeta, the list is endless................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:25 pm 

Agreed, EvilAtik, though I think Apollo makes the absolute worst DVDs. That said, Eros is the biggie, and thus should be the first to go; they're the ones with the funds, they're the ones with the name, they're the ones with the right. I actually respect Eros for their earlier releases, which they had mastered by DEI; that was a quality job. Later, and soon after they got started, though, the company just became a synonym for horse-shit. More recently, their DVDs have picked up in terms of audio/video quality, but they've discovered new ways in which to f*** their customers; most recently, their embedded "ring-tone ads. during songs" come to mind. The annoying little water-mark that pops up throughout a movie was bad enough, but now we have to see a fucking banner at the top of our screen as we try to watch a song? It's utterly ridiculous that they can actually get away with this nonsense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:25 am 

you guys are absolutely right
EROS is an embarassment, but who has not been, when considering the dvd presentation and sometimes theater presentation of hindi films
look at yashrajfilms, they won't even invest making a proper dvd of their own productions
of lately only UTV seem to be the ones that actually seem to be quality caring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:37 am 

Honestly, though, who's to keep these assholes in check? There's no one to report them to, to means of a "mass boycott," no real alternatives of which to speak. This is foreign business; we have the options of taking what we can get, and shutting the hell up. The companies, unfortunately, are well aware of this. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:54 pm 

u now wot guys,

i dont quite agree with wot u say about eros' recent releases picking up in quality.

those annoying layer transition/changing pauses in the middle of nowhere(biggest example Main Hoon Na) takes the fucking piss.

most of thier recent releases are a disgrace to the films.

i loved Masti, Khakee, Main Hoon Na, No Entry, but unfortunately, all of them were released by Eros.

i would much rather have the Shemaroo versions of Masti and No Entry.

the only people who seem to be doing a decent job with thier dvds are Shemaroo, UTV and Adlabs.

i got My Wifes Murder, shemaroo copy. much, much better than the shit Eros version with those annoying pauses and shit prints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:59 pm 

about the banners running on top of the screen during songs, well wot can u say?

i got so annoyed with that during Waqt. i actually returned the DVD coz of that, although i liked the film.

as for the holographic logos, wot is there to say about that as well?

these cunts will never learn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:45 am 

EvilAtik, OMG: I, too, first experienced the "song banners" during the Waqt DVD. Honestly, initially, I had no idea what the hell was going on. I thought maybe it was a glitch; I tried rewinding and resuming a few times, but to no avail. I went to the next song...same shit. Then I came to Zulm.net, where I discovered that this was not only intentional, but a practice occurring on more discs. I was apalled (yet, knowing Eros, not altogether surprised).

As for No Entry, come on: it SUCKED. SUCKED.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:27 am 

guys, lets keep it to the topic here.....

So any idea if this PEN version has better sound, I'm guessing its going to be Dolby2.0, unless its pseudo 5.1

The picture definitely looks better than the Apollo and Samrat(repackaged) crap, from the screenshots posted..any chance of getting hold of this in the U.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:11 pm 

commando 303: u mean the movie no entry sucked?

come on yaar! it was a good laugh!

as for Aaj Ka Arjun, i dont know why they cant do a decent dvd of it considering that Zee cinema has showed it many times with a near DEI/BEI quality print and lively audio.

another 2 Bachchan classics which had great disservice done to them by apollo and samarat are Aakhree Raasta and Hum.

i really feel sorry that these classics ended up in the hands of these dumb asses at apollo.

admitted that the PEN version of Aaj Ka Arjun looks good, but who the hell wants a stupid logo at the top?

i guess these films will never see a decent release on dvd.

god!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:46 am 

Sorry, Harry_Rasul. EvilAtik, I abhorred No Entry; no offense, but it was a piece of crap (in my opinion). I can't believe it was the fucking highest grossing film of 2005 — what the hell does that say? :lol: Regarding Aaj Ka Arjun, I'm sorry to say that I haven't seen any DVD of it. The last time I saw it was years ago, on (of course, shitty) VHS. I think I'll try to watch it again, on DVD, now. I Agree about Aakhree Raasta and Hum. Though neither DVD is "utterly apalling" (as is, say, the Mard DVD release), neither does justice to the film. The first ("Tiger") half of Hum is simply awesome, and Aakhree Raasta is one of my all-time favorite movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:25 pm 

Eagle version...is this the same as the PEN version....?