It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:14 am 

music world pinjar does have the EROS logo on the left hand side as does munnabhai did music world put the EROS logo on their release or did they just copied the EROS version ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:43 am 

I think might have ripped the logo, its just a watermark I believe which for pirates should be easy to rip. I remember seeing the pirate of Armaan before the original came out which was a camera copy but had the logo on it as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:59 am 

urbanlegend wrote:
I think might have ripped the logo, its just a watermark I believe which for pirates should be easy to rip. I remember seeing the pirate of Armaan before the original came out which was a camera copy but had the logo on it as well.

to be honest i've seen pinjar and munnabhai on music world individual dvds and i can't tell any difference then if i was watching them on EROS except for menu's is that the case ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:01 pm 

Has anyone purchased the new pinjar dvd on Eros/B4U? Click on the bottom link and then click on the dvd to make it large and it says "Extended Uncut Version". I was wondering, what scene was deleted that Eros has? Does this new Eros has any vulgar scenes, such as rape (actually showing it), cursing etc? I am looking forward to purchase this dvd since I enjoyed the movie. The one I saw, it did not have any explicit material, however the movie did deal with rape and the times women went through segragation, but did not show it as they show in "Nandita Das" movies. Please post some discription on this movie.

http://www.festasy.com/datacar....Id=6032

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:01 am 

what do you mean by uncut? I just watched Pinjar (great movie btw) and it was 3 hours 8 minutes long! a movie that long can't be missing scenes :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:13 am 

its weird, because i saw the movie in the theater, then on dvd last night, and i saw the suppoed "uncut" version, but it didnt have anything new...in fact, it had some scenes chopped off (not like complete scenes, but parts)....odd....eros, we arent complete dumbF&*ks! i swear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:07 pm 

is it still worth buying shiv? have any idea if this movie will come out in DEI?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:08 pm 

NOPE!! master ji!! Just check out if there is single EROS based Dupe available? of Pinjar and Munna bhaii, I need for some one too..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:40 pm 

The Indian theatrical screening of Pinjar is slightly different from the "Extended Eros DVD" imported from the U.K. and sold in India by Eros.

Indian Theatrical:

- Does not have the extended scenes featuring Seema Biswas... just has a coupe of Seema scenes. These are present in the extended DVD.

Extended DVD:

- Very strangely, the extended DVD is missing some scenes present in the theatrical release --

-DVD does not feature Urmilla's second late-night meeting with Sanjay Suri in Suri's farms... during the time Urmilla accompanies the old lady and stays with her for the period of the lady's treatment. The DVD shows only one meeting between the two--the one that happens during the daytime----it is in the second meeting in the middle of the night that Suri says "You are Puro naa..." but Urmilla (Puro) runs away. This was shown in Indian theatres. after this second meeting, the two meet again in the army/refugee camp.

-DVD does not feature the scene where Urmilla/Puro after being given a muslim name by Bajpai finds a small village mandir and breaks down in front of it, crying helplessly. This was shown in Indian theatres.

-DVD does not feature the scene where Urmilla/Puro, after locating Suri's abducted sister in a Pakistani village rushes back happily to inform Bajpai and on the way, offers thanks at the same small village mandir. This was shown in Indian theatres.

TV screening
The TV version is the clear winner -- it shows all the scenes of the DVD as well as the theatrical screening.

Three cheers for good old TV!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:43 pm 

well, lol, they had to keep Indian folks happy!! but they still did not buy this good film.. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:11 am 

Newdeep, try this thread too, for Pinjar discussion, if you prefer? : :idea:

viewtopic.php?t=4639

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:44 am 

The full and extended version of Pinjar, with all the scenes quoted in my posted above, is now available on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTnPwhOQlKw&t=8518s 3 hrs 11 minutes approx.

newDEEP [go-green] wrote:
The Indian theatrical screening of Pinjar is slightly different from the "Extended Eros DVD" imported from the U.K. and sold in India by Eros.

Indian Theatrical:

- Does not have the extended scenes featuring Seema Biswas... just has a coupe of Seema scenes. These are present in the extended DVD.

Extended DVD:

- Very strangely, the extended DVD is missing some scenes present in the theatrical release --

-DVD does not feature Urmilla's second late-night meeting with Sanjay Suri in Suri's farms... during the time Urmilla accompanies the old lady and stays with her for the period of the lady's treatment. The DVD shows only one meeting between the two--the one that happens during the daytime----it is in the second meeting in the middle of the night that Suri says "You are Puro naa..." but Urmilla (Puro) runs away. This was shown in Indian theatres. after this second meeting, the two meet again in the army/refugee camp.

-DVD does not feature the scene where Urmilla/Puro after being given a muslim name by Bajpai finds a small village mandir and breaks down in front of it, crying helplessly. This was shown in Indian theatres.

-DVD does not feature the scene where Urmilla/Puro, after locating Suri's abducted sister in a Pakistani village rushes back happily to inform Bajpai and on the way, offers thanks at the same small village mandir. This was shown in Indian theatres.

TV screening
The TV version is the clear winner -- it shows all the scenes of the DVD as well as the theatrical screening.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:45 am 

incredible, this thread got a reply after 14 years.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:47 am 

Master_J wrote:
Has anyone purchased the new pinjar dvd on Eros/B4U? Click on the bottom link and then click on the dvd to make it large and it says "Extended Uncut Version". I was wondering, what scene was deleted that Eros has? Does this new Eros has any vulgar scenes, such as rape (actually showing it), cursing etc? I am looking forward to purchase this dvd since I enjoyed the movie. The one I saw, it did not have any explicit material, however the movie did deal with rape and the times women went through segragation, but did not show it as they show in "Nandita Das" movies. Please post some discription on this movie.

http://www.festasy.com/datacar....Id=6032

The full and extended version of Pinjar, with all the scenes quoted in my posted above, is now available on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTnPwhOQlKw&t=8518s 3 hrs 11 minutes approx.

newDEEP [go-green] wrote:

Indian Theatrical:

Extended DVD:

TV screening

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:48 am 

merging threads

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next