It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:56 pm 

Does anyone know which version is better between the Eros and VideoSound versions of Sooryavansham. How does their aspect ratios, sound, picture quality etc., compare. It would be nice to see some screen shot comparisons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:41 pm 

Mere Kishan Kanhiya, Bhaiya!!

Radha kaise na jale?? just jokin..cheers

By all means by videosound, done by superdigital!! i think ONE of the best dvd authored by them..non anamorphic, solid transfer, great 5.1 sound, leaving film aside!! go for it man! i have it too!! :baaa: :baaa: :cool:

Edited By arsh on July 03 2002 at 11:42

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:39 pm 

I bought the Eros version (blue cover). I liked the way it looked better. I have nothing really to compare it to but from the Video Sound reviews and screenshots, I must say the the Eros one seems worse (not as sharp, etc.). The Eros one has the same over-elongated character stertch problem (I have a 4:3 TV). In addition, my particular copy it would seem is horribly flawd; there are several instances at which the mouths don't move with the characters, and one entire chapter is repeated! Eros said they couldn't do anything to help me; down with Eros!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:30 pm 

Yaar jab bola tha ke VS one better hai, fir kiyon liya!!?
Ab bhugto!! :baaa: :bangbang:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:29 pm 

I didn't even know about this site when I purchased the DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:25 pm 

One upside to the otherwise disappointing Eros version DVD is the fact that it has a chapter index.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:36 pm 

Man who cares? Chapters on cost of ? what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:46 pm 

okay, so i finally got the video-sound version of sooryavansham (i already owned the eros 1). i must say, the sound is substantially better. while the eros version has rather hollow audio, especially @ certain points, the video-sound incarnation provides acceptable bass and quality (almost) throughout. also, the eros 1 has poorly synced mouth movement/audio in about 2 scenes, while the video-sound 1 does not (i doubt that this flaw is present only in my [eros] copy). as 4 the video/picture quality, i unfortunately must concede that the eros version has the video-sound 1 beat. sharpness, color rendition, contrast: all r better, if slightly, on the eros version. the bottom line: the video-sound version is better overall, perhaps, due to its superior audio, but its lack of chapter marks and mediocre picture quality (though not INCREDIBLY worse that of eros) makes it an uncomfortably close call. it's a matter of choice i guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:37 pm 

Commando wrote:
as 4 the video/picture quality, i unfortunately must concede that the eros version has the video-sound 1 beat. sharpness, color rendition, contrast: all r better, if slightly, on the eros version.

That's really something, if EROS interrlaced (most likely) DVD can beat SD-VS progressive DVD.
VS DVD is single layered, but earned a comment in one of the reviews "one of the best Indian DVD happens to be a single layered"

Rana

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:47 am 

Had this movie on a Moserbaer Super DVD 3 in 1, so I though lets go for the Eros version, however the Moserbaer one is miles better, Eros one is awfull, just ordered the Moserbaer single DVD Hope it's better then Eros

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:45 pm 

I've received the Moserbaer Version it's miles better Then Eros, Eros looks like actual Trash compared to it.