It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:32 pm 

Arsh, here are the screenshots as promised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:42 pm 

So what do you think of the prints? Reena Roy series is complete after UrbanLegend posts screenshots of the last 3 dvds - Aasha, Apnapan and Sanam Teri Kasam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:33 pm 

This WEG dvds reminds me of BETA!! hyper active/overtly jubilant colors..another genious work..at least u can see it..!! kool..thnx

***I dont think, jay vijay and Badalte rishtey made to dvd?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:48 am 

I was very impressed with Mehbooba's colours, your description of hyperactive jublient colours seems apt. Whats your opinion on Udhar Ka Sindur by YRF? I usually find non-BEI prints, when done properly, are more colourful than BEI.

Badaltey Rishtey is not available on DVD. Just received Jay Vijay released by MDE from IW. Unfortunately there are songs missing and the print is average, not worthy of showing screenshots on this site.

I will send screenshots of RAJPUT to UrbanLegend next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:37 pm 

These colors are so shiny, man!! they dont look natural, like some one, did a few glossy coats..

Bei, releases are generally softer colors..u r right, Shemaroo are Vibrant...but this looks UNATURAL, imho..

Udhar Ka Sindoor is decent, along with Naukar Biwi ka..but I liked Naagin the best!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:30 pm 

You are right Mehbooba is a bit too colourful. In my opinion, Mehbooba is not bad for its current price of $3.99 - £5.99, and you can always reduce the colours with your remote! You seem to have a flair for evaluating print transfers - hope you are making maximum use of that talent!
:D

I think I am tempted to do screenshots of Aa Gale Lag Jaa (by SKY). It another transfer that I am happy with, and it will be interesting to see which defects you come up with!
:)

Any memories of this film? Shashi Kapoor and Sharmila Tagore skate-dancing to the famous Lata-Kishore song: Wada Karo Nahin Chhodege Tum Mera Saath. Another nice song was Tera Mujhse Hai Pehle Ka Naata Koi. Sahir's poetic lyrics to R D Burman's tunes, and the film has a nice story too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:35 pm 

Yaar!! I am not trying to be CRITICAL..here!! Believe me, Just Honest opinion, I agree, for $3.99..GOOD VALUE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:43 pm 

As I said, I think your opinion on these prints is very FAIR and I am not saying you are unjustifiably criticial at all, you clearly have any eye for detail.

As for me, I was disappointed with Aasha, Apnapan (for its sound problem), Sanam Teri Kasam, and Pyaasa Sawan (for its unclean source). The others like Sau Din Saas Ke and Udhar Ka Sindur were brilliant. But the first verse of the song Pari Re Too Kahan Ki Pari, Dharti Pe Aayi Kaise from Udhar Ka Sindur is missing!

Edited By armaan on 1065635561

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:53 pm 

AASHA/APNAPAN/ARPAAN, we r in GOOD hands, OPTIMISTIC,

UDHAR KA SAINDOOR..may be SHEMAROO? better sound?

SANAM TERI KASAM..GOD KNOWS..may be thats it!!

But all, other, we saw for their price range are GOOD VALUE..

Looking forward to AA GALE LAG JA, RAJPUT and RAJ TILAK..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:02 pm 

I will do screenshots of the movies you mentioned, although RAJ TILAK by UDI might not even work on my computer. Have not seen it yet, just arrived yesterday aap ke USA se...

I will not swap my UDHAR KA SINDUR for BEI, let alone Shemaroo! But a technically-inclined member of this forum who has a copy of this film might be able to educate me why its bad, and not simply because its YRF!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:09 pm 

I thought u said, sound is not good? and parts missing? ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:16 pm 

No, I said the sound problem is with APNAPAN, but hopefully BEI will do that as you said. Do you know how long we have to wait? And your source for knowing in advance which films BEI is going to do - is that common knowledge or some sort of secret. If its the latter, are you in a position to recommend titles?

90 seconds of one the songs is cut, but probably not worth re-investing in another brand. Beside there will be a different problem even if I did. For example, losing YRF solid gold media...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:38 pm 

BEI has presumably taken J OM PARKASH films, so all three are in that category..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:59 pm 

Armaan, can u pls ur color options on powerdvd while capturing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:04 pm 

You mean make sure its adjusted to ORIGINAL? I will do Shemaroo's comparison shots of PARVARISH soon.