It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:08 pm 

i got some of the shemaroo dvds today and the running times on their dvd is less than what is on yashraj. haven't seen the print yet, but cannot (hope not) be worse than yashraj.

for those of you who are interested, here is the running time comparisons.

shemaroo|yashrajfilms
129|135 AAG
138|142 AAH
126|134 AB DILLI DUR NAHIN
138|139 JAGTE RAHO
136|136 KABULIWALA
156|165 KAL AAJ AUR KAL
138|165 SUJATA

:cool: :;):

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:55 pm 

Here are couple of move shemaroo dvds. but the running time (in minutes) looks more appropriate.

shemaroo|Eros
140|139 WOH 7 DIN

shemaroo|Baba
155|154 SATTE PE SATTA

shemaroo|http://freespace.virgin.net/jamal.akbar/saraswat.htm
148|144 SARASWATICHANDRA

shemaroo|www.blockbuster.com
136|139 TRIKAL

shemaroo|www.blockbuster.com
135|143 SPARSH

anyone has the Video Sound Released of SARASWATICHANDRA DVD. what is the running time on that? i am also trying to find out the actual run time for Benaam (Amitabh), Rihaee (Vinod khanna) movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:20 pm 

i heard the vs version of dil is cut ( missing scene(s)) is the shemroo version have the entire movie without cuts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:33 pm 

izzy wrote:
i heard the vs version of dil is cut ( missing scene(s)) is the shemroo version have the entire movie without cuts

i dont have that movie :(

How's the movie "Dil Deke Dekho". anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:40 pm 

shuman wrote:
anyone has the Video Sound Released of SARASWATICHANDRA DVD. what is the running time on that? i am also trying to find out the actual run time for Benaam (Amitabh), Rihaee (Vinod khanna) movies.

The running time on the Media Digital Saraswatichandra is 151 minutes. It has PAL speedup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:55 pm 

shuman wrote:
shemaroo|http://freespace.virgin.net/jamal.akbar/saraswat.htm
148|144 SARASWATICHANDRA

That's my nephew's web-site! He got the running time from the Video Sound DVD (I think) - but I'll clarify and get back to you.

With regards to Aah - there are actually two versions of the film. One has a sad ending and a couple of scenes shot in colur and one has a happy ending and is black and white throughout. YRFs version is the happry ending and there are no scenes in colur - so if the Shemaroo DVD contains the other version of the film then it's a must have for me! The ending of that version is very good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:01 am 

Muz wrote:
With regards to Aah - there are actually two versions of the film. One has a sad ending and a couple of scenes shot in colur and one has a happy ending and is black and white throughout. YRFs version is the happry ending and there are no scenes in colur - so if the Shemaroo DVD contains the other version of the film then it's a must have for me! The ending of that version is very good.

what you mean... in one ending Raj Kapoor cures from tb and get back with Nargis????

i have the vhs with sad ending and didn't see any scenes with colour. will check out aah dvd first thing tonight and will let you know if this is the sad ending one or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:08 am 

Hi shuman,
could you post screenshots of satte pe satta and benaam by shemaroo. i was eagerly awaiting for these two movies to come out from some other dvd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:34 am 

dose shemroo have satyam shivram sundarum in there dvd collection and is it the whole movie since i think the yrf one is cut

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:27 am 

shuman wrote:
quote]
what you mean... in one ending Raj Kapoor cures from tb and get back with Nargis????

i have the vhs with sad ending and didn't see any scenes with colour. will check out aah dvd first thing tonight and will let you know if this is the sad ending one or not.

Yes - the happy ending version ends like this:

During the song that Mukesh sings when Raj is travelling on the tanga, Nargis is in a car with Pran (she isn't married to Pran). The car has an accident with the tanga and Nargis and Rag are reunited. The film ends showing Nargis and Raj in a garden watching a group of dancers singing.

-----------------------------------------

The colour scenes include the song Jhanan jhanan jhanan (in the village) and there is another one but I can't remember where it is!

My dad has this version on with the colur scenes on VHS from India.

Edited By Muz on 1063967324

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:13 pm 

Muz wrote:
if the Shemaroo DVD contains the other version of the film then it's a must have for me!

sorry to bring the sad news. shemaroo has the happy endings as well. this is my first time seeing this ending. I am not going to be throwing my this vhs like the way i threw away my namkeen vhs before watching the dvd.

anyway, i have the alternate ending on AAH in .avi format (5 minutes ~1.3GB) are interested. i am trying to compress it, having no luck so far.

Shemaroo's BENAAM screenshots. Enjoy enjoy! :)

i couldn't do direct link, as it is not allowed. could ali or anyone upload it to zulm, so i can remove it. and post others. thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:55 pm 

Thnaks shuman for the screenshots of benaam, ab lage haath satte pe satta (shemaroo) ka screenshots bhi de do . :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:39 pm 

enjoy,

satte pe satta is up now. same link!

i could not put the screenshots directly, as it is not allowed by coolgoose. please click on the link to see the screenshots.

:cool: :;):

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:31 am 

Saraswati Chandra Screenshots now available!

i believe it's much better than video sound. i dont have the equipment to test, but the sound is pretty clean. didn't notice distortion of any sort.

:cool: :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:43 am 

dose the shemroo version of dil and beta have the whole movie
also is there a chance that bei will pick both these tittles soon.
i will appreciate if i get an answer quick since the video store i go to the person who works there will be going to Punjab eek for 3-4 months and she knows about original dvds. By the way for anybody who knows that area do they sell original dvds there to or are they replacated.
thanx in advance