It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:08 pm 

I FEEL MUCH BETTER, NOW!! :laugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:10 pm 

[WEG DVD; mostly cropped, non-anamorphic, dull colours, badly authored, poor sharpness. Audio pseudo 5.1 nearly always. Biggest waste of energy known to humans (in the Indian DVD world ) ]

WEG are STEREO, that DECODES as PROLOGIC in ur AV reciever, or u can keep it DIRECT STREO..TERRIBLE any ways!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:22 am 

ali the rights to hungama go to venus also venus has jaal, and dil pardesi hogaya and looking at how their qamat dvd is we are in store for more crap dvds by them. the only good thing about their dvds is that it is anamorphic not like the f**ken tips :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:38 am 

[it is anamorphic not like the f**ken tips ]
THNX LOL>> :baaa: :laugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:04 am 

ali wrote:
Sanjay wrote:
I am wondering, is it just me here who cares about the sound quality of a DVD. How come no one ever bothers to mention or discuss the sound quality?

I do care about the sound - but since I don’t have any of these new DVDs I can’t comment on the audio.

And generally about quality…. Indian DVDs have reached a stage where it’s painfully predicable how the DVD is going to turn out;

DEI/BEI DVDs, mostly old movies– usually well authored, noise reduction messes the video and more often than not poorly sourced prints used which spoil colour rendition and general ‘cleanliness’ of the DVD. Framed and presented as amateurishly as even of course :nopity:

Eros/Spark/Video Sound/TTV new movie DVDs – normally anamorphic video idiotically framed at about 2.10:1 to 2.30:1, dull colours, badly authored, poor sharpness and enough print damaged to make these new movies unacceptable. Evidently all these guys are using same people to authors their DVDs. Audio is usually proper 5.1 if they can be bothered. Extras – a joke :bangbang:

WEG DVD; mostly cropped, non-anamorphic, dull colours, badly authored, poor sharpness. Audio pseudo 5.1 nearly always. Biggest waste of energy known to humans (in the Indian DVD world :stupid: ) :doze:

Shemaroo DVDs – still not widely available – mostly pseudo 5.1 audio (mostly mono panned to all channels). Video is colourful, soft and nearly always cropped. Not come across much of their new DVD catalogue though – maybe they have started proper 5.1 :sus:

Ayngaran DVDs – anamorphic video mostly well framed, proper 5.1 audio – colourful video, yet soft and video artefacts infected. Although Ayngaran DVDs don’t even come close to Hollywood counterparts, I personally think this is still the minimal standard Indian DVDs should reach. If Eros/Spark/Video Sound/TTV reached this type of standard it would be more acceptable :wotever:

Yashraj Films DVDs – newer movies usually end up looking better than most – anamorphic and proper 5.1 audio. Old movies; mastering and sourcing sux – especially as they tend to use cut prints for some on their movies :bangbang: - extras are usually decent - sometimes!

… the rest Tips/Venus/Media Digital/Sky/Baba/Apollo etc.. – bunch of criminals who haven’t got a first clue about DVDs :angry:

… and there you have it, the sad state of affairs with Indian DVDs. /rant over :bash:

Ali

No one else could have said it better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:02 am 

I agree, ali, generally, summed it better!!

I defer to go, by what powerdvd says or DVD says, as far SOUND is concerned..!!

I feel more confident commenting, once, i have HEARD the SOUND with my own OLD EARS!! on My FAITHFUL system!

That explains..deferred comments on SOUND!

Checking just a couple points for DEI VS AYANGRAN!!

(((DEI/BEI DVDs, mostly old movies– usually well authored, noise reduction messes the video and more often than not poorly sourced prints used which spoil colour rendition and general ‘cleanliness’ of the DVD. Framed and presented as amateurishly as even of course )))

((((Ayngaran DVDs – anamorphic video mostly well framed, proper 5.1 audio – colourful video, yet soft and video artefacts infected. Although Ayngaran DVDs don’t even come close to Hollywood counterparts, I personally think this is still the minimal standard Indian DVDs should reach. If Eros/Spark/Video Sound/TTV reached this type of standard it would be more acceptable )))

Now!! Question, is!! WHO IS LESSER EVIL!!

AYANGRAN, have not STILL gone ANAMORPHIC for Their OLDER TITLES as PROMISED, They have not gone PROG/TELECINE TRANSFERS as PROMISED!!!

DTS sound..I dont COUNT!!

COLOR Fidelity..is OK!! Still, INCONSISTENT with AYANGRAN too...esp, with NEW..RENTAL vs LATERZ? Versions...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:08 pm 

ali wrote:
DEI/BEI DVDs, mostly old movies– usually well authored, noise reduction messes the video and more often than not poorly sourced prints used which spoil colour rendition and general ‘cleanliness’ of the DVD. Framed and presented as amateurishly as even of course :nopity:

Ayngaran DVDs – anamorphic video mostly well framed, proper 5.1 audio – colourful video, yet soft and video artefacts infected. Although Ayngaran DVDs don’t even come close to Hollywood counterparts, I personally think this is still the minimal standard Indian DVDs should reach. If Eros/Spark/Video Sound/TTV reached this type of standard it would be more acceptable :wotever:

Ali

Although Ayngaran DVDs don’t even come close to Hollywood counterparts, I personally think this is still the minimal standard Indian DVDs should reach

Are you saying that, "colourful video, yet soft and video artefacts infected" is an acceptable standard over majority of DEI DVDs??

Are you saying that AYN is better than DEI despite AYN being in video mode (interlaced) and DEI being in film mode (progressive)??

Is AYN better than DEI in Audio too??

Your statement implies AYN better than DEI??

Rana

Edited By rana on 1058973231

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:25 pm 

It's a shame some of the dvd manufacturers turning their backs on 5.1 audio. With the proper equipment even monkeys (EROS) can encode pretty good 5.1 audio to dvd.

If you want reference quality audio/video check out the new dvd of 'FINAL DESTINATION 2' DVD by New Line. Gorgeous film like transfer with DTS ES 6.1 to boot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:41 pm 

rana wrote:
ali wrote:

Ali

Although Ayngaran DVDs don’t even come close to Hollywood counterparts, I personally think this is still the minimal standard Indian DVDs should reach

Are you saying that, "colourful video, yet soft and video artefacts infected" is an acceptable standard over majority of DEI DVDs??

Are you saying that AYN is better than DEI despite AYN being in video mode (interlaced) and DEI being in film mode (progressive)??

Is AYN better than DEI in Audio too??

Your statement implies AYN better than DEI??

Rana

I dont think that's what Ali meant (correct me if I'm wrong Ali). What I understood from that statement is that Eros, Video Sound, Spark etc should at least produce DVDs that as the same quality as Ayngaran DVDs. At least then the majority of Hindi DVDs released would be watchable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you Bhaskar - someone finally actually read what I posted :laugh: :bash:

Rana saab they are no implied favouritisms in that post – its was just an observation/opinion/feeling call it what you want but no real importance to the post – errrrr apart from a bet – that I can get a reactionary post from you after your recent disappearance. So predicable :laugh: :fight: :bash:

Ali :bash:

Edited By ali on 1058983261

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:24 pm 

DEI's DVDs of recent films like KNPH were probably among the best Indian DVD, but they do use the DNR like crazy, though their DVDs are generally sharp. Ayngaran doesn't use quite as much DNR, but their overall image is a little soft. I've still seen DNR artifacts on recent films like Run. So both companies are watchable but have one or two major problems. And Ayngaran still isn't progressive. But Sunny has given us hope that they will go that route, though isn't progressive simply a matter of changing a setting?

It is damn pitiful when we have to plead and beg for watchable transfers of Hindi films. While new release Hindi movies look like crap, American companies give even marginal releases good transfers.

Since Qayamat was digitally color graded, couldn't the DVD have been made from that digital file?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:29 pm 

[ Ayngaran doesn't use quite as much DNR, but their overall image is a little soft. I've still seen DNR artifacts on recent films like Run. So both companies are watchable but have one or two major problems. And Ayngaran still isn't progressive. But Sunny has given us hope that they will go that route, though isn't progressive simply a matter of changing a setting?]

That was MY POINT, BESIDES , WHO IS RIGHT? Controversy!!

I have seen, AYANGRAN NEW TRANSFERS..They are DECENT, BUT Still, not very EYE PLEASING, due to SOFT PICTURE/KINDA muted colors(possibly VIDEO LOOK, transfer) and Blocking Pixelation artifacts etc..

BUT they r LOT better than EROS etc!!

DEI/BEI..last few films, were TNBPG..I thought it was PRETTY GOOD PROG TRANSFER with VERY GOOD DYNAMIC DD 5.1 SOUND!! :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

Here are screen shots from the Venus/Rainbow DVD of Qayamat - looks like the same transfer but slightly different menus;

Ali :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:37 pm 

on BROWSING while GRABING..

FILM has DITTO COPY EFFECT of THE ROCK!!

OTHERWISE..PRODUCTION VALUES/WESTERN LOOK/GREAT ACTION..LOOKS GOOD!! on SCREEN, with BONUS BABES!

ALAN AMIN's ACTIOPN and CAMERA WORK by SANJAY F GUPTA to capture that is World class// FIRST CLASS!!

SELLING point, SIMILLAR to KAANTE and CRAPPY APD!!

A BETTER DVD TRANSFER, minimal like DEI's TNBPG..WOULD HAVE DEFINATELY ENHANCED WATCHABILITY OF GOOD BABEs RIDDEN ACTION>>IMHO

COLORS on DVD are EXTREMELY MUTED!!? to create WESTERN look??? :nopity:

Edited By arsh on 1059021285

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:38 am 

So Guys which is Qayamat DVD is better The Tip Top Or The Rainbow one Please Tell Me. Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next