It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:49 am 

the 208 minute Shaan is available only on VHS I believe...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:52 pm 

check out what amazon.com are doing for Shaan DVDs
-- http://www.amazon.com/Shaan-Amitabh-Bac ... B000LXGVCM
Quote:
DVD-R Note: This product is manufactured on demand when ordered from Amazon.com.
Quote:
Through manufacturing on demand, CreateSpace, part of the Amazon.com group of companies, enables Amazon.com to offer music and video content that might not otherwise be available. Each disc comes fully packaged, with artwork, in a standard jewel case for audio and an Amaray case for video, although for reissued products the artwork may differ from the original.

CreateSpace works with many of the leading music labels, television networks, film studios, and other distributors to make these titles available to Amazon.com customers. All products are manufactured from original source materials (e.g., for audio products, uncompressed CD-quality audio).

By eliminating inventory, waste, and inefficiencies in the distribution system, on-demand manufacturing provides the added benefit of helping preserve the environment.

When shopping, you'll see CD-R or DVD-R on the product detail page for such products. Amazon.com's standard return policy applies to these purchases.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/ ... 8&pop-up=1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:13 am 

Is http://www.amazon.fr/Shaan/dp/B000V79SA ... 586&sr=1-1 really a PAL DVD of Shaan? Could it be any different from the other EROS release?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:20 am 

According to inside sources, the original stereo negative (Director's Cut) stored at Technicolour is now completly damaged :(

Its a shame that no-one bothered to make a transfer from this for a DVD release.

Only the interpostive survives. Sadly its mono and is edited.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:47 pm 

I HAVE THE COMPLETE OPENING TITLE HERE

http://youtu.be/j7mId5u17hI

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:08 am 

bigd wrote:
I HAVE THE COMPLETE OPENING TITLE HERE

http://youtu.be/j7mId5u17hI

That is so wonderful, on bluray in orig OAR would be fabulous:)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:24 pm 

rana wrote:
In 2008, I said:
I definitely had Shaan and Maqsad on one VHS since early days of VHS. But, I couldn't find that VHS today. It used to be very popular among friends for borrowing and I haven't been keeping track since DVDs came about. I sure will find it sometime. Also, I can check the VHS rental store that still has copies from early VHS days.

Found my Shaan VHS lying on my brother's shelf. Brought it home.

My Shaan VHS (copied @ SLP speed) and is 204 min.
DEI cover states it as 195 min but is only 177.5 min.
At wikipedia site, it's listed as 181 min and shows EROS B4U cover.
While comparing run time, wanted to check if the VHS is proper Film to VHS, meaning No 4% Speed Up but did not notice any repeat frame pattern. It's field averaged but not speed shifted, as I determined comparing it with a segment on NTSC Progressive DEI DVD.
(One segmented I noticed a cut is the "JANOO" song. It's 5 min 10 sec on DEI DVD for the same "point to point" on VHS.)

It's a shame that while it's producer is still active in Bollywood, it's home DVDs are heavily cut.

If enough interest, I could try to figure out out the differences (it's a very time consuming process). Most likely, the missing scenes are the same that Sunny Audit has already mentioned (18 segments) in the opening post.

Last edited by rana on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:33 am 

rana wrote:
rana wrote:
In 2008, I said:
I definitely had Shaan and Maqsad on one VHS since early days of VHS. But, I couldn't find that VHS today. It used to be very popular among friends for borrowing and I haven't been keeping track since DVDs came about. I sure will find it sometime. Also, I can check the VHS rental store that still has copies from early VHS days.

While comparing run time, wanted to check if the VHS is proper Film to VHS, meaning No 4% Speed Up but did not notice any repeat frame pattern. It's field averaged but not speed shifted, as I determined comparing it with a segment on NTSC Progressive DEI DVD.

(One segmented I noticed a cut is the "JANOO" song. It's 5 min 10 sec on DEI DVD for the same "point to point" on VHS.)

It's a shame that while it's producer is still active in Bollywood, it's home DVDs are heavily cut.

If enough interest, I could try to figure out out the differences (it's a very time consuming process). Most likely, the missing scenes are the same that Sunny Audit has already mentioned (18 segments) in the opening post.

you remember rana, u have option to get it authored to dvd if you wish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:03 pm 

rana wrote:
rana wrote:
In 2008, I said:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:04 pm 

rana wrote:
rana wrote:
In 2008, I said:

the segments that I know that are missing from the DVD...

1. Amithabh & Shashi Entry when they sitting outside the hotel they are discussingthe matter longer in the vhs.
2. The Song Naam Abdul Hai Mera Is complete and does not end with the birds flying away and directly after that the song ends Amithabh & Shashi are shown waiting for Abdul.
3. Just before the song Dariya Mein Jahaaz there is talking about the babs are going to walk on water (Amithabbh, Shashi & Co in disguise)
4. After Sunil Dutt is killed, Amithabh & Shashi are sitting talking to one of the dhaba guys asking how come Abdul is late as he never is normally, and then he shows up and gives them information about the guys discussing Sunil Dutts Death
5. The next segment I can remember is when Shakaal has order his henchment to kill Shiv Kumar's family, the next scene is Rakhee is collecting her daughter from the school and Shtrughan Sinha spots them and offers them a lift and buy the girl ice cream, as you see the car pull away you see Shakaals men follow them in the car (this leads onto the shoot out over the bridge), cuts to
6. Amithabh is waiting for Parveen Babi and Shashi Kapoor for Bindiya Giswami, however they are bother scene chatting to other girls, this is much longer in the cut I have scene.
7. The song Janoo Meri Jaan is much longer when the guys grab a bike, you see them taking it from the side somewhere.
8. Final think i can remeber is the ned fight, Jhonny Walker is show fighting longer, and when they try to escape they building/island collapsing is longer with finally the end credits.

These are the things i distinctly remember.
I also remember watching an Apollo video release with the above mentioned that was in widescreen when i was younger.

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:28 pm 

Thanks for your efforts sythlord2001, but I think most of this was covered already.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:55 am 

There's a PEN DVD, which reported by others, is Anamorphic. Has anyone seen it? Please report the quality?
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:46 am 

I've been seeing PEN and its logo in many theatrical screenings. Looks like they are expanding into films production and distribution. But, sadly, their DVDs are still not easily available.

Last edited by rana on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:06 am 

PEN dvds are available at induna.com and myindiashopping.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:24 am 

This http://www.hotstar.com/movies/shaan/1000105842/watch is not cropped, but is still not the DC. (Free to watch.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next