It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:48 pm 

Look at the other Aradhana thread. It has screenshots from the first version, which was progressive and without subtitles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:33 pm 

So far, any EVP DVD that was Progressive also did not have sub-t. Subtitled batches of the same DVDs turned out interlaced (Pseudo-prog though). So, for the known EVP Progressive DVDs, avoid the subtitled versions if you don't need sub titles.

Some EVP DVDs were always interlaced (Pseudo-prog though), as indicated by every 6th instead of every 5th frame being repeated. This indicates PAL to NTSC transfer and hence could not have been progressive ever. Kashmir Ki Kali is one such DVD but is the best among interlaced DVDs that I have seen. Prem Kahani, Ajnabi, ---, are not as good as KKK although these went though the same process.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:45 pm 

Can someone post screenshots from this version of ARADHANA ? (selling at IW)... From the cover design ( which is similar to the EVP Rampur ka Lakshman DVD).. I can safely assume that this dvd has been (re) authored by Media Dimensions... and it will be interlaced... But confirmation does help !
(Thanks to Arsh for pointing this out)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:52 pm 

Well, I can do so, np, laterz today? should i send to ali or you???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

Screen shots of these new EVP releases here;

http://www.zulm.net/cgi-bin....p;st=40

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:58 pm 

MY APOLOGY, IT MIGHT NOT BE NECESSARY;

ALI, posted them here:

http://www.zulm.net/cgi-bin....;t=2822

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:30 pm 

Does anyone know if the songs in Aradhana (EVP version) have subtitles? :nopity:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:40 pm 

filmfan wrote:
Does anyone know if the songs in Aradhana (EVP version) have subtitles? :nopity:

Recent ones does. so it indicates on the cover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:06 pm 

http://216.247.121.93/datacar....ter=EVP

Wow.. looks like bad publicity abt these DVDs has paid off... most of them selling for $4.99 and $5.99 :D .. Its a shame that Sudhakar @ EVP has no clue as to what he is doing with his films !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:51 am 

Okay folks some updates on this.... Apparently DragunR2 is the only person here on zulm wo has access to those progressive DVDs... of Aradhana.... If you folks need the progressive version of this DVD.. get in touch with DragunR2... I think by his grace... not only me and Rana but also... Arsh :oh: has managed to grab a Progressive version of the DVD !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:38 am 

Well!! thnx to referral by S.K. Nath, and all hardwork, by our r2 dragun, finally, I am a proud owner of Prog version of EVP aradhana too!!

As I had both copies, like S.K. , and I have a very good dvd player!! believe me, that can make pseudo prog very very nice!!

so, side by side, man both looked nice!! butt!!

prog version had more accurate rich colors, better sharpness, smoothness of picture, no jaggies along edges and no motion prob on chapter change!!

So overll prog had more film like look , qualities and win hand over..but again, on non prog systems, interlaced one should look pretty good as basically is a good video transfer..

Thnx again, dragun yaar!! you r great!! :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 6:00 am 

Well folks, at least arsh is the 3rd person after zulm to benefit from this deal... Now.. FYI... the Dvds I purchased from him...cost me $9.99 USD + shipping.. Aa arsh has mentioned it is an excellent DVD and worth every penny !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:31 pm 

Finally I found time to watch Progressive Aradhana. I have nothing more to add except to accept the comments of Arsh and Sknath about the quality of the disk. It is a great disk for that old and classic film. The image looked great on my 92-inch screen and the sound is also very clean and not distorted. I thought the colors were dull but powerDVD vivid mode done the trick.

Once again many thanks to Dragun for his time and patience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:13 pm 

sknath wrote:
And now for the specs :-
----------------------------
Pirate DVD

Video :- Interlaced...combing artifacts...and overtly bright in color... Having an avg bitrate of 2.44-4.5 Mbps

Audio :- is also distorted....DD 2.0 192 Kbps

The DVD menus cannot be accessed... Only the Play option and the Songs video option option (which infact are the same thing in this DVD)

No inlay card... the dvd cover looks faded and also excessive bleeding of color...

Genuine DVD

Video :- Progressive, having a bit-rate of 5-6 Mbps, slightly dull colors but they can be adjusted using ur POWERDVD setup or TV remote..

Audio :- DD 2.0 192 Kbps...and minimal distortion..clear audio

No inlay card again... This dvd came in a cover resembling DEI's covers (:oh) now what could that mean ?.... It also has a PG symbol printed on the main cover ! Gets more intriguing indeed....

So folks this version is the one you should be buying...or trying to lay ur hands on.... As this film is a milestone and an eternal Indian Classic !

------------------------------

DVD covers :- (Too big to be posted here)

The Genuine DVD
http://www.zulm.net/sknath/Aradhana/ara ... enuine.jpg

The Pirate DVD
http://www.zulm.net/sknath/Aradhana/aradhana_pirate.jpg

Disc Artwork :-

Black one is from the pirate and the designed one is from the Genuine DVD

http://www.zulm.net/sknath/Aradhana/aradhana1.jpg

I borrowed some of the EVP titles from my friend. The titles are:

1. Aradhana
2. Jai Santoshi Maa
3. Dharam Veer
4. Mera Gaon Mera Desh
5. Kashmir Ki Kali
6. EVP Saregama Songs - Vol. 1 (Songs from Aradhana, Dharam Veer, Sawan Ki Ghata and Abhimaan)
7. EVP Saregama Songs - Vol. 2 (Songs from An Evening in Paris, Jai Santoshi Maa, Amar Prem and Mera Gaon Mera Desh)

I found all of the disks (except songs dvd) in black color (pirated version - as mentioned in this thread earlier by Sknath).
The songs disks are transperant/steel background with black writings on it.
None of the DVDs have movie picture on the disks.

I found all of these DVDs (movies as well as songs) progressive (24fps) except Kashmir Ki Kali.

Now my questions are:

1. Are these real EVP DVDs?
2. If not EVP DVDs, it it possible to copy a DVD in progressive mode?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:17 pm 

sknath wrote:
And now for the specs :-
----------------------------
Pirate DVD

Video :- Interlaced...combing artifacts...and overtly bright in color... Having an avg bitrate of 2.44-4.5 Mbps

Audio :- is also distorted....DD 2.0 192 Kbps

The DVD menus cannot be accessed... Only the Play option and the Songs video option option (which infact are the same thing in this DVD)

No inlay card... the dvd cover looks faded and also excessive bleeding of color...

Genuine DVD

Video :- Progressive, having a bit-rate of 5-6 Mbps, slightly dull colors but they can be adjusted using ur POWERDVD setup or TV remote..

Audio :- DD 2.0 192 Kbps...and minimal distortion..clear audio

No inlay card again... This dvd came in a cover resembling DEI's covers (:oh) now what could that mean ?.... It also has a PG symbol printed on the main cover ! Gets more intriguing indeed....

So folks this version is the one you should be buying...or trying to lay ur hands on.... As this film is a milestone and an eternal Indian Classic !

------------------------------

DVD covers :- (Too big to be posted here)

The Genuine DVD
http://www.zulm.net/sknath/Aradhana/ara ... enuine.jpg

The Pirate DVD
http://www.zulm.net/sknath/Aradhana/aradhana_pirate.jpg

Disc Artwork :-

Black one is from the pirate and the designed one is from the Genuine DVD

http://www.zulm.net/sknath/Aradhana/aradhana1.jpg

I borrowed some of the EVP titles from my friend. The titles are:

1. Aradhana
2. Jai Santoshi Maa
3. Dharam Veer
4. Mera Gaon Mera Desh
5. Kashmir Ki Kali
6. EVP Saregama Songs - Vol. 1 (Songs from Aradhana, Dharam Veer, Sawan Ki Ghata and Abhimaan)
7. EVP Saregama Songs - Vol. 2 (Songs from An Evening in Paris, Jai Santoshi Maa, Amar Prem and Mera Gaon Mera Desh)

I found all of the disks (except songs dvd) in black color (pirated version - as mentioned in this thread earlier by Sknath).
The songs disks are transperant/steel background with black writings on it.
None of the DVDs have movie picture on the disks.

I found all of these DVDs (movies as well as songs) progressive (24fps) except Kashmir Ki Kali.
None of the DVDs have subtitles.

Now my questions are:

1. Are these real EVP DVDs?
2. If not EVP DVDs, it it possible to copy a DVD in progressive mode?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next