It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:41 pm 

For Your EYES only

:p :p :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:57 pm 

This dvd, looks very much like ORIG, DVD of Jodi#1 US release! UK release that ali, reviewed was much better:
http://www.zulm.net/modules....order=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:32 am 

This is a STUPID film, like all DD/GOVINDA films: but WATCHABLE for following, GOOd resons:

The schizoid plot hasn’t a single drop of coherence. But what matters is present; the comic situations all feature rib-tickling dialogues and an endless barrage of hilarious moments. Sure, these situations make little to no sense when strung together, but they manage to keep one’s attention and evoke laughter as they unfold. In an attempt to make the film an “all-round” entertainer, the screenwriters have placed a couple of miserably underdeveloped subplots in the film. The lack of real development in any of these plotlines is understandable, however. Development in these plotlines would have made the film longer, but not better, and had it plunge into rambling depths. This is a light-hearted farce, after-all.

As a self-mocking, tongue-in-cheek comedy that shouldn’t be taken seriously, the film is excellent. All of the Hindi-movie conventions are present in all their ludicrous glory. The zippy dialogs complete with witty one-liners, quirky repeated sayings, and below-the-belt shots are continuously hilarious. The charming romantic track is sped up with Shankar-Eshaan-Loy’s wonderful songs, and the action scenes have novel stunts and comic twists that make them fun to watch.

Jackie, asish Vidharti, Gulsahan Grover and that Midgit YASHPAL RAJDEV are like T natural in their roles!!

Girls..r Just there for limited Glamour!!

Sanjay has IMPROVED a lot in COMIC, but Still I liked him better in HKKN!!

Govinda, a bit less STUPID, but just like himself.
BOTH, Sanju Govinda!! DONT look as IDIOTS/MORONS, DUMBS as they pretend to be, But, I think a better controlled than Jodi #1!!

The whole film, is UNBELIEVABLY, stupiid, but Watch i, just for Laughs!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:57 am 

Seems worth a rental. I haven't had any interest in any Hindi films so far this year! If it provides a few laughs, I'll take what I can get :nopity:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:40 pm 

The movie is horrible. The music isn't great, the songs come out of nowhere and do nothing for the movie, and the film is too long. Once you think it ends, it doesn't!

Govinda and Sanjay Dutt's Hindi-Punjabi dialouges, and mostly the English dialouges are really the winner in this film. Jackie Shroff's role is small, and he is wasted. Amrita Arora and Nandini Singh are the typical comedy heroines: a few insignificant scenes and a few songs. Both are wasted. Ashish Vidyarthi is a little tolerable. Himani Shivpuri is finally back in a funny role, but it's too small. Gulshan Grover's role is also small.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:29 pm 

and the WINNER is YASHPAL RAJDEV? who always impressed me, Since, I saw him in Jungle!! RGV team..

For u Dragun, I agree, rental, for few laughs is the GAME!! here!! Otherwise, u have to be Govinda fan!!to appreciate and BUY!!

I still liked him better in Double role in WTKK, esp in 2nd role as a qawal, with Raveena!! I think BOTH WERE EXCELLENT!!!

This is a GARDEN VARIETY GOVINDA affair!! Worse than MOST, a bit better than A FEW!

Music, on its own is GOOD!! GOVINDA/SANJU dance to tunes ABLY, AMRITA ARORA, also DANCE, looks better than APD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:54 pm 

1+1=11, finally declared 9+2=11

Ek Aur Ek Gyarah Flops
By: Abid
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the status of upcoming releases is in question, the ones that have released already (Ek Aur Ek Gyarah and Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne) are doing no different than all releases have thus far. There is no glimmer of hope for either in terms of box office and in some sense it is a real indication of the quality of the films themselves.

Film
Ek Aur Ek Gyarah
Starring
Govinda, Sanjay Dutt, Jackie Shroff, Amrita Arora, Nandita Singh

Released
March 28th, 2003
Summary
Seems like Mr. Ghai´s bad luck continues. It started with Rahul &Yaadein (in India) though Yaadein was a good hit abroad. Mr. Ghai also went on record and said "I don´t make movies for audience in Patna" a comment he later denied. Another thing is that, outside directors have always lost it for Mr. Ghai. The latest venture directed by David Dhawan, seems to be an extension of Jodi No. 1 but the opening nowhere near to it. According to trade expert Indu Mirani, "The opening is around 50% and will not repeat the magic of Jodi No 1".

Final Verdict
The first day and the first two shows were quite good, but after that the downslide started. It is difficult for the movie to sustain as the budget is on the higher side and the outcome will effect Mr. Ghai and Mukta arts directly as they have distributed the movie themselves.

Film
Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne
Starring
Zayed Khan, Esha Deol
Released
March 21st, 2003
Summary
As we had said the movie has been good in parts of UP, Bihar (later confirmed by Mr. Taran Adarsh on his portal) and South, particularly Bangalore where it collected 8.5 lakhs during the week, but that is about the only happy news that we have about CLHT. Most of the metro´s including Mumbai and Delhi have been ordinary to poor. First week collection percentages range from 52% (Mumbai), 38-40% (Delhi), 45% (Kolkata), 72% (Agra), 65% (Lucknow), 55% (Kanpur) and 67% (Patna).

Final Verdict
The movie, being distributed by Rajshri films on commission basis will be a loss for PFH entertainment at an all India basis. In Delhi-UP and parts of southern territory the movie is faring better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:22 pm 

By IndiaFM News Bureau

Ek Aur Ek Gyarah has got a distributor's share of Rs. 3.67 crore for the week ending April 3 from the nine territories where Mukta Arts has distributed the film. It opened with a total of 284 prints of which 56 were released overseas and 228 in India. The collections received show an upward trend during the week.

rana ji, would like that! cheers!! absence of new releases, prob did the trick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:03 am 

EEG proving Pundits wrong.

Everybody trashed this movie. Box Office or ticket paying public proves it otherwise.

Ek Aur Ek Gyarah might be a hit
MUMBAI: David Dhawan seems to have done it again. The director has once again come up with a winner in the Govinda - Sunjay Dutt starrer Ek Aur Ek Gyarah. Although the film began on a slow note, its collections are picking up.

Amrita Arora too seems to be fast becoming a lucky mascot for filmmakers.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll....3101054

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:29 am 

a few sequences from this film were ripped off from hollywood like
- the govinda wheelchair gettin hit in the legs and not feelin shit was FREDDY GOT FINGERED
- the escape scene MONEY TALKS
and MORE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:24 pm 

NO ONE SAID! so far!! FILM was ORIGINAL, or MASTERPIECE, OVERALL a STUPID FILM, with STUPID SLAP STICK, comedy, BUT SOME SITUATIONAL HUMOUR IS THERE and I DID enjoy that!!

I'll not WATCH it again!! But wont, KILL MYSELF WATCHING IT EITHER!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:45 pm 

Sanjay Singh wrote:
a few sequences from this film were ripped off from hollywood like
- the govinda wheelchair gettin hit in the legs and not feelin shit was FREDDY GOT FINGERED

Does Govinda swing a baby around by the umbilical cord?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:12 pm 

This movie is nothing original but i'll have to agree with others on this board that the comedy was pretty good in it.

The Ero$ DVD was actually half way decent!!

out!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:04 pm 

Anyone got the Reliance Version?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:09 am 

BIG Home Video(Reliance):