It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:21 pm 

[According to Arsh, DD 5.1 version DVDs (EROS and 'VS minus SD') have more dynamic audio and more bass. High levels of bass can be present in mono sound as well.

Arsh noticed stereo separation, as well as, minor surround in DD 5.1 discs. I doubt these 5.1 versions were made from original studio tapes. Most likely, it's DJ type re-mix from whatever was on the film, mono or stereo.]\

Now for rana ji!! I said!! PSEUDO 5.1 from VS and EROS/Shemaroo, comparartive to their MONO and STEREO counterparts, sound more LOUDER, FULLER!! with no CHANNEL SEPERATION!!

For PURISTS, Orig, MONO and STEREO is the way to go!!
For OTHERS, Pseudo 5.1 will be MORE FULLFILLING!!

BTW!! DEI/EROS, HAHK, is PSEUDO 4 channel, during SONGS ONLY, and has been done, very loud, relative to rest of the film and background!! This is ONE OF THE DEI DVD, I did not like the SOUND, as the songs, dont kinda BLEND with the film, but as SONGS were such a BIG HIT, it Feels GOOD, LOUDER, coming all around!! Mind u their diologues dont come from all channels, in HAHK,!!

Whoever has that DVD, Pls check HAHK(DEI/EROS) version on your HOME THEATRE and give me ur INPUT!!

I still doubt, BAAZIGAR/RAJA HINDUSTANI were remastered in tRUE 5.1! by DEI?????

I know SO MANY FILM LOVERS, who did not like AUDIO of LAGAAN on DVD, as it was SUBTLE in dynamics, with V.GOOD 5.1 seperation!! But I loved it, Rehman's BACKGROUND was not OVERPOWERING for LAGAAN, but JUST APROPRIATE for that kINDA FILM!

Another EXAMPLE, is recent SAATHIYA, again, I loved the way Rehman did BACKGROUND< here, Subtle, slow, with good seperation, quiet most of the time, but JUST APPROPRIATE for the film, and so SOUND and BACKGROUND is one of the thing that I again LOVED for SAATHIYA DVD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:11 pm 

arsh wrote:
BTW!! DEI/EROS, HAHK, is PSEUDO 4 channel, during SONGS ONLY, and has been done, very loud, relative to rest of the film and background!! This is ONE OF THE DEI DVD, I did not like the SOUND, as the songs, dont kinda BLEND with the film, but as SONGS were such a BIG HIT, it Feels GOOD, LOUDER, coming all around!! Mind u their diologues dont come from all channels, in HAHK,!!

Whoever has that DVD, Pls check HAHK(DEI/EROS) version on your HOME THEATRE and give me ur INPUT!!

Arsh - You are cent percent right. :hmm:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:31 pm 
Site Admin

Yes Boss! original Super Digital mastered DVD - thanks to Arsh for these;

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:36 pm 

arsh wrote:
Theatre release of YES BOSS..was it in DD 5.1? and how was sound in theatres, If some body realy saw it in 5.1???

Theatrical release of 'Yes Boss' was in Mono. I saw the film at the best theater in India back then and the sound was simply 'Mono' and as good as it can get in 'Mono'. As for the picture quality, I distinctly remember commenting to my friends how poor the quality of our Indian film prints are when compared to Hollywood film prints and the difference really comes out when viewing at a theater with good projection. The blacks were absolutely grey, specially the background blacks and shadows. It think it has to do with the poor processing and film developing here in India, also the poor quality of prints used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:31 pm 

From the screen shots, I prefer the SD version. It's amazing what a low bit rate (Single layer) pressing can achieve with progressive encoding.

Regarding EROS and 'VS minus SD' versions being more dynamic, I guess it's artificially enhanced/ simulated audio, which we as well can do at home with proper audio system from the original mono source on SD version.

Let's hear other opinions as well.

Thanks.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:39 pm 

Ok!! my turn, rana!!For SOUND!!

I am purist!! So, prefer orig sound, dont like ENHANCED DIGITALLY REMASTERED CRAP, louder or Dynamic, I dont care!

For VIDEO: of course, I like SD prog version, as a matter of fact, this print looks cleaner than songs from their songs collection in prog version? This YES BOSS, shemaroo, has 4 channel sound, and shows, good channel seperation in the front!

Shemaroo, even not prog, IMHO, has better shartpness and Contrast, SD picture is very soft! Look at the colors, esp in scene where,. Juhi is waving, look at the color of her dress and the girl in the blue in the back, see the difference in color!

Secondally, OAR, anamorphic, give u a BETTER FRAMED, LANDSCPED shots, frames, LOOK at shot, SRK, Kashmira, SRK ka KAAN KUTRA GAYA!!

The shot where he is SMOKING, his shoulder and Butler shoulders are absent, The scene where Juhi is waving, her arm is missing!! So it is a little bit too, much, UNTHOUGHTFULLY done cropping, If Juhi waving shot would be cropped, not from arm side, might be bETTER!!

So, ULTIMATE will be SHEMAROO, OAR, ANAMORPHIC, BUT!! PROG dvd, with their kinda sound!!

Alas!! we cant have that!! So thats Why I have all 3 versions(no TTV), I wish, I would be able to mix n match...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:27 am 

Sanjay wrote:
arsh wrote:
Theatre release of YES BOSS..was it in DD 5.1? and how was sound in theatres, If some body realy saw it in 5.1???

Theatrical release of 'Yes Boss' was in Mono. I saw the film at the best theater in India back then and the sound was simply 'Mono' and as good as it can get in 'Mono'. As for the picture quality, I distinctly remember commenting to my friends how poor the quality of our Indian film prints are when compared to Hollywood film prints and the difference really comes out when viewing at a theater with good projection. The blacks were absolutely grey, specially the background blacks and shadows. It think it has to do with the poor processing and film developing here in India, also the poor quality of prints used.

Indian prints are terrible...not only the colours are washed out and inconsistent but the worse part is they are always out of focus...I have seen projectionists always adjusting focus...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:55 pm 

Yes Boss TTE Screen Shots Thanks to JAT1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:10 pm 

one more version is left, moserbaer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:44 pm 

sengh_15 wrote:

welcome! sengh sahab! u r welcome!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:46 pm 

Guys,
What do think of the TTE version that I have up loaded
JAT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:21 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
sengh_15 wrote:

welcome! sengh sahab! u r welcome!

lol im gunna buy it, it comes in a six pack of six other SRK films released by moserbaer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:40 pm 

could someone rename this thread to 'Yes Boss (1997) By Eros vs SD vs TTV vs Moserbaer'

REGION All
CASE Keep Case
DISTRIBUTOR Moserbaer
VIDEO FORMAT (ntsc/pal), AR, and WHETHER ANAMORPHIC NTSC Non Anamorphic
AUDIO (and whether 5.1 separation is genuine on 5.1 track) 5.1 track and 2.0 Channel
SUBTITLES English
RUNTIME 157 mins
EXTRAS None

Last edited by sengh_15 on Sun May 25, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:02 pm 

jat1 wrote:
Guys,
What do think of the TTE version that I have up loaded
JAT

Is it same as your orig SD version Jat sahab?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:03 pm 

I think, my AWARD goes to EROS ANAMORPHIC VERSION!