It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:43 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:37 pm 

Bhoot Bangala

DVD is by SKY, yeah I know they suck, but hows the movie? I read the story on Indiaweekly.com and it sounds good, but what are your thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:46 pm 

What can you expect for this kind of a movie. Its claim to fame was Manna Dey Song:
Aao twist Karein---.
Was # 3 in Annual Binaca Geetmala. Top two songs were Sangam and # 4 & 5 were Aayee Milan Ki Bela. Dosti was next, perhaps.

If you remove Sangam songs from the top list, because of its hype and also because Ameen Sayani was the publicist for Sangam, Bhoot Bangla Song was really # 1.

Just for this song, I'll buy this DVD if it has a semi-decent audio-video.

Rana

CORRECTION:
1964 Top Binaca Geetmala songs were:
1 Sangam: Mere Man Ki Ganga
2 Sangam: Ye Mera Prem Patr
3 Mere Mehboob Title song
4 Aayee Milan Ki Bela
5 Aayee Milan Ki Bela
6 Mr X In Bombay: Mere Mehboob Qayamat Hogi
https://www.hindigeetmala.net/geetmala/ ... a_1964.php

It was Mr X song that I confused with Bhoot Bangla song, when I posted this comment in 2003. I still think it was Mr X Mere Mehboob song that was # 3 and Mere Mehboob title song was # 6. Both # 3 & #6 songs have 'Mere Mehboob' in it. So confusion is possible. But, main thing that I & others noticed and I still remember is that Sangam & Aayee Milan Ki Bela occupied all top slots with Bhoot Bangla song inserted between Sangam & AMKB. May be it was Mere Mehboob title song.

And Now, coming to Mr X In Bombay song, Aao Twist Karein:
https://www.hindigeetmala.net/geetmala/ ... a_1965.php
It came in at # 2 in 1965. Actually, this could be considered as # 1 song of 1965. Top song was 'SAHELI' song Jiss Dil Mein Basa Tha Pyar Tera, now almost forgotten. There was lot of criticism in those days about the scoring system that made it # 1. Binaca Geetmala did change the scoring system after this debacle. (System made a 'low ranking but playing for a very long time' song gain more points than top song week after week but for a shorter time)

Last edited by rana on Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:35 pm 

Thanks Rana...I was thinking of buying it its at IW.com for $4.99 ... its SKY DVD though :oo:

Bhoot Bangala - SKY DVD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:46 pm 

It is perhaps the only movie in which RD Burman starred too....it has some really great numbers eg. the Kishore song 'Jaago Sone waalon, suno meri kahaani' and the ofcourse as pointed earlier the 'Aao Twist Karen'.

There's also an RD crooned song, that was not completely developed which I badly wish was though.....Tanuja looks great (another underestimated actress, like Saira Banu)....and ofcourse Mehmood is an awesome dancer especially in the twist song....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:56 pm 

I saw Tanuja, looking great, in Jewel thief in supporting role..

vijanti is fabulous in hontoun pe aisi baat..wah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:04 pm 

As per Captain America, there are some/ many SKY DVDs with good PQ. He has some in his collection as well. Let's hear from CA or any one elsae about this DVD quality.

Pricewise, $4.99 is not bad.

Rana

Edited By rana on 1046883930

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:12 pm 

UL....

Bhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot
Bunglaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

(The song says it all ... This film began the long association which Mehmood & RDB were to have.. which reached its pinnacle with Padosan)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:56 pm 

Sorry rana can't help you here did not see this one.

sknath, having fun or just bored? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:08 pm 

sknath wrote:
UL....

(The song says it all ... This film began the long association which Mehmood & RDB were to have.. which reached its pinnacle with Padosan)

I guess he is having fun ... its been slow on the forum, we need some fun and jokes to liven things

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:14 pm 

Av got ULTRA

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:31 pm 

rana wrote:
Its claim to fame was Manna Dey Song:
Aao twist Karein---.

Aarakayne wrote:
it has some really great numbers eg. the Kishore song 'Jaago Sone waalon, suno meri kahaani'

There is a much more delicate song in the film which happens to be my favorite song! O Mere Pyar Aaja. I have always been in awe of the song, and the situation in the film had me really annoyed when I watched it as a child. Tanuja sings the haunting O Mere Pyar Aaja song at a party, after which Mehmood sings the Twist Karen song. The competition between the two characters rendered Mehmood victorious, who scored a 100/100 by the applause meter, making Tanuja lose by four or five points. Tanuja then remained seated whilst pouting.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:08 pm 

Mr X In Bombay song, Aao Twist Karein:
https://www.hindigeetmala.net/geetmala/ ... a_1965.php
It came in at # 2 in 1965 annual Binaca Geetmala. Actually, this could be considered as # 1 song of 1965. Top song was 'SAHELI' song Jiss Dil Mein Basa Tha Pyar Tera, now almost forgotten. There was lot of criticism in those days about the scoring system that made it #1. Binaca Geetmala did change the scoring system after this debacle. (System made a 'low ranking but playing for a very long time' song gain more points than top song week after week but for a shorter time)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:15 pm 

sknath wrote:
UL....

Must correct sknath here: Mehmood - RD Burman association started 4 years eralier, in 1961, with movie CHHOTE NAWAAB.