It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:38 am 

mrbrat_Boy wrote:
Hi All

Its been a while, i was just catching up on reading some posts and i stumbled across these mp3 cd's, it was quite interesting to notice that these 'Film Combinations' have some songs that i have never seen on CD;
from Sangam ' I Love You' by Vivian Lobo, not sure if this was on the original LP soundtrack:
http://www.rhythmhouse.in/Detail.aspx?productListing=98441

The Film Combinations Series
http://www.rhythmhouse.in/Search.aspx?query=Film+Combinations&fmt=0&srchCat=0

The Vivin Lobo song is on the vinyl soundtrack LP but was not on the Sangam soundtrack CD. Good to see that it is available now!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:38 pm 

Daffuq!! They just can't go on chopping of the film!
A disgustingly HORRIBLE move by the 2 companies.
I hope a nice DVD company comes up & blesses us with the full version of the movie...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:53 pm 

Raghuvir wrote:
Daffuq!! They just can't go on chopping of the film!
A disgustingly HORRIBLE move by the 2 companies.
I hope a nice DVD company comes up & blesses us with the full version of the movie...

Maybe Nupur can as they did Dard whereas Shemaroo chopped it so badly that they probably used a
bulldozer to take out what they do not like.
I have seen Sangam at the big screen theatre but I do not like
the dvd because I can see how overweight the stars are.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:46 pm 

Oh! How long is Dard?
Dard as in "Afsana Likh Rahi Hoon..."?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:54 pm 

Shemaroo has shown a shameless move by chopping off movies.
I'm glad they didn't do the same to HDDCS as it was 3hr plus, originally. But their gr8 PAL speedup technique shortened it to 3 hrs exact.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:27 pm 

Just transferred my Esquire VHS onto DVD. It's full 1974 version, 223 min video (232 min film). 1964 version was 238 min. Discrepancies are already mentioned in earlier posts.

While transferring to DVD, got to see the film DVD start to finish.
For sure, O Mere Sanam Mukesh verse and at least some of Ye Mera Prem Patr Lata verse were in 1964 238 min version and are gone in 1974 version. Also missing are at least a few frames from Ye Buddha Mil Gaya towards the end. Why I say this is because some of the sequences/ frames that I recall seeing in 1964 and were the talk of the town, among youngsters, in 1964 and are not in the 1974 version.

-----------------------------------------------------
I Love You song by Vivian Lobo is around 3 min (3:10 min on music album), may be 4 min as the song music/ hymn continues a few minutes later.
http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/mov ... id=h000195
------------------------------------------------------

Esquire NTSC VHS is transferred from a PAL source and is thoroughly field averaged. Print is clean but soft/ faded at places/ light exposure damage at places.
IF SOMEONE CAN GET HOLD OF ESQUIRE'S PAL VHS (they must have released it in UK), it'll be much better. Anyone ??

(Esquire released SANGAM VHS near the end of it's business days)

Muz wrote:
I have to pick up the Sangam VHS from my Dad's house. I'll get hold of it this weekend and have a look. One point - it will be in PAL so I can check the running time and post it on the boards on Sunday ... but will have to factor in the PAL speed-up.

If you want a hand trying to put together a full version of Sangam let me know ... :D

Any update Muz ??

You posted some excellent screenshots transferring VHS to DVD, did you get to SANGAM VHS to DVD conversion ??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:31 pm 

I have not yet got Sangam - but once I do I will let you know. The version I have on VHS is prior to the Esquire release. I know it was a full 3 hour tape and then the rest of the movie was on another tape - so we are looking at nearly 4 hours of the movie.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:31 pm 

I have not yet got Sangam - but once I do I will let you know. The version I have on VHS is prior to the Esquire release. I know it was a full 3 hour tape and then the rest of the movie was on another tape - so we are looking at nearly 4 hours of the movie.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:36 pm 

Muz wrote:

Thanks Muz. Please keep one thing in mind that it should be a PAL VHS to PAL DVD transfer. I think you are in US now and then I wonder if you'll be able to play a PAL VHS ?? I recall, you said that you have a friend, who is a Professional equipment, helping you in these VHS to DVD transfers. The screenshots you posted before were amazing and do beat most of Bollywood DVDs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:42 pm 

Full version has a duration 03:32:57, video quality is better at DVD Shemaroo, play time: 03:07:05... :(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:43 pm 

Full version has a duration 03:34:14, video quality is better at DVD Shemaroo, play time: 03:07:05... :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:19 pm 

Natalie wrote:
Full version has a duration 03:34:14, video quality is better at DVD Shemaroo, play time: 03:07:05... :(

Which DVD are U talking about?
Is it any Russian version?

Sangam is much longer than what you specified. Like around 4 hrs above... :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:10 pm 

Mr. Rana, about the DVD you authorized from the Esquire VHS, have you encoded it to PAL or NTSC?
Is it progressive (better than the other interlaced versions)?

Or can you briefly explain how you did it?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:34 pm 

Raghuvir wrote:
Rana, about the DVD you copied from the Esquire VHS, have you encoded it to PAL or NTSC?
Is it progressive (better than the other interlaced versions)?

Or can you briefly explain how you did it?

Nothing fancy like that. It's very poor in quality. Only reason to copy was for discussion purposes as this one is the full 1974 version (a few min shorter than the orig 1964 version) and it's easier to mail a DVD- disc as compared to VHS.

The VHS itself is PAL to NTSC converted and is field averaged. No way, orig frames can be detected. I just used an off the shelf DVD recorder. The DVD is just what was the VHS copy, i.e. NTSC.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:36 pm 

Okay.
At least what you did seems much more professional than what Shemaroo, YRF and esquire did

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next