It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:15 pm 

Thanks for the encouragement.

I just hope that some one utilizes this info about what's complete Sangam (and Mera Naam Joker in another thread), that I have identified in page 3 and page 4 of this thread, and assemble & release a good DVD/ BR/ HD-DVD. I have also commented on what could be found for extras material.

As far as, finding a good film print, if RK Films can't find proper material, one source can be "Esquire VHS company". Their standard practice, as their associate told me at one time, was to purchase, not just rent, a brand new film print for mastering their videos. Then, they must have a 1974 version of Sangam film print which is 232 min (VHS run time and cc indicated length match). Hopefully, remainder can also be found somewhere and if not, just audio can be inserted for the missing segments.

India's National Film Archieve can be another source.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:46 am 

For Rana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsIdZFab3-o

Thought that you would appreciate this fan made video.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:04 pm 

Muz wrote:
For Rana:

Thanks Muz.

BTW, the author of that clip states that RK didn't use this version in the film but I'm certain that back in 1964 when I saw this film, this full version was in the film. Actually, including or editing out the Mukesh verse affects audiece sympathies.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:07 pm 

Heard that Lata was so upset with Shankar-Kaikishen, Raj Kapoor and Rafi for letting Sharda sing in hindi films that Vijayanthimala had to use her very own sweet and melodious voice for the song "Ye mera prem patra"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:54 pm 

sasural wrote:
Heard that Lata was so upset with Shankar-Kaikishen, Raj Kapoor and Rafi for letting Sharda sing in hindi films that Vijayanthimala had to use her very own sweet and melodious voice for the song "Ye mera prem patra"

(Shankar) Jaikishan - Sharda - Lata conflict began some time later. Actually, Lata did record a full version of "Yeh Mera Patra" song. As I recall Lata saying it in her Radio Program:- In one of the RK field (picnic/ shooting) gatherings, where Lata was also present, Raj Kapoor quitely switched on "Ye Mera Prem Patra" song on the loudspeaker (that only was recorded by Rafi - There was no plan for Lata version). Everyone liked the song and Lata insisted that a female version of the song, in her voice, must be recorded as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:37 am 

Yes - I also heard this and the version in the movie is different to the version on the record. Lata has some of the song at the end of the Rafi version and in a scene in the movie following the song there is more of the Lata version. I would love to hear the full recording of the Lata version!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:47 am 

This is the first film in color for more individual exposure Raj Kapoor Hindi Cinema. Other than that, this film was shot entirely in foreign places, but it is also true for many other films. My song of the movie favarite: Main Kya Karun Raam Mujhe Buddha Mil Gaya.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:13 am 

Saw a 9 min 21 sec audio clip for
Song # 4: Ye Mera Prem Patr Padh Kar
Edited my post on p 4 and copied here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV3UGwb7 ... re=related

rana wrote:

Song # 4: Ye Mera Prem Patr Padh Kar
(Ref:
http://www.hindilyrix.com/songs/get_son ... 20Kar.html
YRF DVD and Sangam lyrics book.)
Gopal (Mohd Rafi):
Haseena Likhoon, Meherbaan Likhoon, Ya Dilruba Likhoon
Hairaan Hoon Ki Aap Ko Is Khat Mein Kya Likhoon
(Yeh Mera Prem Patra Padh Kar Ke Tum Naaraaz Na Hona
Ke Tum Meri Zindagi Ho Ke Tum Meri Bandagi Ho) - 2

(Tujhe Maein Chand Kehta Tha, Magar Usme Bhi Daag Hai) -2
Tujhe Suraj Maein Kehta Tha, Magar Usme Bhi Aag Hai
Tujhe Itna Hi Kehta Hoon Ki Mujhko (Tumse Pyar Hai) - 3
Yeh Mera Prem Patra Padh Kar Ke Tum Naaraaz Na Hona
Ke Tum Meri Zindagi Ho Ke Tum Meri Bandagi Ho

(Tujhe Ganga Maein Samjhoon Ga Tujhe Jamuna Maein Samjhoon Ga) - 2
Tu Dil Ke Paas Hai Itni Tujhe Apna Maein Samjhoon Ga
Agar Mar Jaoon Rooh Bhatke Gi (Tere Intezaar Mein) - 3
Ke Tum Meri Zindagi Ho Ke Tum Meri Bandagi Ho) - 2

(Hindilyrics site lyrics end here.)

(Radha (Lata) Hmmm: Yeh Mera Prem Patra Padh Kar Ke Tum Naaraaz Na Hona
Radha (Lata) sings: Ke Tum Meri Zindagi Ho Ke Tum Meri Bandagi Ho ) -2

Part 2:
Lata (Radha) reads, not sing: Yeh Mera Prem Patra Padh Kar Ke Tum Naaraaz Na Hona
Radha sings: Ke Tum Meri Zindagi Ho Ke Tum Meri Bandagi Ho
(It's right after these lines that I think, Lata solo song was in the 1964 version. In Esq VHS it's a few sec more and seems to be leading to that scene that I remember very well from 1964. So, something is definitely cut here. Can't say how much, a few seconds or full Lata song. Lata solo song sure exists. I think it's in one of Lata's LPs or CDs.)

Both singing:
Radha: Yeh Mera Prem Patra Padh Kar Ke Tum Naaraaz Na Hona
Ke Tum Meri Zindagi Ho Ke Tum Meri Bandagi Ho
Gopal: (Tujhe Ganga Maein Samjhoon Ga Tujhe Jamuna Maein Samjhoon Ga) - 2
Radha & Gopal both: Tu Dil Ke Paas Hai Itni Tujhe Apna Maein Samjhoon Ga
Gopal: Agar Mar Jaoon Rooh Bhatke Gi Tere
Both: (Intezaar Mein) - 3
Ke Tum Meri Zindagi Ho Ke Tum Meri Bandagi Ho) -2
Quote:
Added April 2011 & edit corrected:
Youtube site has another version only about 40 sec at the end that's not in Esq VHS or in LP
It's 9 Min 21 Sec (it's only 40 sec longer at the end and that too seems like it's from Rafi concert )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV3UGwb7 ... re=related
Last 40 sec: Basically, it's Rafi singing in classical style and finishing with
Ke Tum Naaraz Na Hona, Ke Tum Naaraz Na Hona
This bit is after what's listed above

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:04 pm 

rana wrote:
sasural wrote:

(Shankar) Jaikishan - Sharda - Lata conflict began some time later. Actually, Lata did record a full version of "Yeh Mera Patra" song. As I recall Lata saying it in her Radio Program:- In one of the RK field (picnic/ shooting) gatherings, where Lata was also present, Raj Kapoor quitely switched on "Ye Mera Prem Patra" song on the loudspeaker (that only was recorded by Rafi - There was no plan for Lata version). Everyone liked the song and Lata insisted that a female version of the song, in her voice, must be recorded as well.

She also recorded two songs for Hamrahi with Rafi but they were not in the theatre version.
In Sangam Viyayanthimala lent her own sweet voice for the prem patra song.Lata used her anger against Mohd Rafi in Sangam but also included Mukesh in Mera Naam Joker where Mukesh teamed up with sister Asha Bhosle

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:20 am 

O Mere Sanam complete video clip:

rana wrote:
Muz wrote:
For Rana:

Thanks Muz.

BTW, the author of that clip states that RK didn't use this version in the film but I'm certain that back in 1964 when I saw this film, this full version was in the film. Actually, including or editing out the Mukesh verse affects audiece sympathies.

Long time ago, Youtube (or Shemaroo ??) had removed this clip for copyright considerations.

But, here it appears again, in another link. I think, it's different and perhaps is the real thing, not like what was in the earlier link that was assembled by a fan. This new youtube version seems genuine from the original 1964 version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljQJuQpuMzg

Just noticed from Youtube clip (also from lyrics book & smash hit site) that not only Mukesh sung portion (Sunte Hain Pyar Ki Duniya Mein) was cut in 1974 version, one complete verse (Tan saunp diya, man saunp diya) by Lata too had been cut.

Quote:
Song # 7: O Mere Sanam
Ref:
http://www.hindilyrix.com/songs/get_son ... sanam.html
Sangam lyrics book, YRF DVD,
http://ww.smashits.com/music/oldies/son ... angam.html
(Same start point & end point: YRF DVD = 2 min 15 sec = 2 min 20 sec, Smashits = 4 min 25 sec)
This song cut by 2 min 05 sec in 1974 release (Basically the whole song is cut)
--FEMALE--
Aa aa, aa aa aa aa
(O mere sanam, o mere sanam
Do jism magar ek jaan hain hum
Ek dil ke do armaan hain hum) - 2
O mere sanam, o mere sanam
Quote:
Tan saunp diya, man saunp diya
Kuch aur to mere paas nahin
Jo tumse hai mere hamdam
Bhagwaan se bhi voh aas nahin - 2
Jis din se hue ek duje ke
Is duniya se anjaan hain hum
Ek dil ke do armaan hain hum

--MALE--
Sunte hain pyaar ki duniya mein
Do dil mushkil se samaate hain
Kya gair vahan apnon tak ke
Saaye bhi na aane paate hain - 2
Humne aakhir kya dekh liya
Kya baat hai kyoon hairaan hain hum
(This verse missing in 1974 version. It was in 1964 version. Audio avail at smashits site.)
Also on Youtube (audio & video) as on May 2011

--FEMALE--
Mere apne, apna yeh milan
Sangam hai yeh ganga jamuna ka
Jo sach hai saamne aaya hai
Jo beet gaya ek sapna tha - 2
Yeh dharti hai insaanon ki
Kuch aur nahin insaan hain hum

--MALE--
Do jism magar ek jaan hain hum

--FEMALE--
(O, o, o)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:16 pm 

I noticed a comment from a new member agreeing to my comment above.
It's deleted now and perhaps the member too ?? Perhaps, zulm.net mods thought of it as spam or perhaps due to "Watch Free Movies" link in that post ??

I thought the comment was genuine, coming from someone who knew the film Sangam from 1960s.

Anyway, here are some further thoughts about "O Mere Sanam" song :

1) I distinctly remember from 1964 viewing, a flashback scene where Rajendra Kumar ties the RK-VM wedding scarf knot. I just checked and the 1974 version, doesn't have this flashback scene. Now, in this Youtube link (was missing in 1974 cut) audio during the Lata verse has all flashback only and it includes the knot tying scene.
Tan saunp diya, man saunp diya
Kuch aur to mere paas nahin
Jo tumse hai mere hamdam
Bhagwaan se bhi voh aas nahin - 2
Jis din se hue ek duje ke
Is duniya se anjaan hain hum

2) Not sure, but I think there also was a flashback scene showing VM-RK tearing-assembling the letter. This flashback scene too is not in the 1974 cut, but is in the youtube link.
Sunte hain pyaar ki duniya mein
Do dil mushkil se samaate hain
Kya gair vahan apnon tak ke
Saaye bhi na aane paate hain - 2
Humne aakhir kya dekh liya
Kya baat hai kyoon hairaan hain hum
(This verse missing in 1974 version. It was in 1964 version. Audio avail at smashits site.)
Also on Youtube (audio & video) as on May 2011

(Orig scenes are in the 1974 cut, but the flashback repeat is missing)

From this, IMHO, the youtube version most likely is the original 1964 version.

----------------------------------------
Including this 2 min and 232 min version on my VHS makes it 234 min available video. The remainder 4 min (Full 1964 version was 238 min) too have been identified in my earlier post on p 4, for which audio (songs portions) is available.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:58 am 

rana wrote:
I noticed a comment from a new member agreeing to my comment above.
It's deleted now and perhaps the member too ?? Perhaps, zulm.net mods thought of it as spam or perhaps due to "Watch Free Movies" link in that post ??

Yes, the post and the poster were deleted. The poster was most definately a 'spammer' and the post was made for one purpose and one purpose only, that is to post the "Watch Free Movies" link. On an average, similar posts are made almost on a daily basis. If you have not come across too many other such posts, only means that the admins are doing their job. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:54 am 

true, the moderators have been slaying a lot of spamdemons recently ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:03 pm 

As we know IIFA is paying tribute to Raj Kapoor and showing Raj Kapoor Films in June-Aug 2011.

Well, the IIFA show was held on June 25, Kapoor brothers were there.

I had been trying to find out about Raj Kapoor Films screening times and venue and have had no success last few weeks. Even now, it's by luck that I found the info. When people don't know about the show times or the venue, who will see the films ?? May be it's only for the members ??

Anyway, Films are not screened by the IIFA, but by TIFF, under Raj Kapoor & The Golden Age of Indian Cinema series and includes non RK films like Mother India and Madhumati.

http://www.tiff.net/filmsandschedules/t ... 270054032/

The website is not user friendly. It doesn't give you the schedule. Instead, you need to search for film under alphabetical listings on 7-8 web pages and then find it's screening time.

As far as Sangam is concerned, it's listed at 238 min (doesn't mention it as new print although it says so for Mera Naam Joker). Now we know that 1974 version was shorter than 238 min. It'll be interesting to see if it really is 238 min screening ?? Recall, I was in a similar screening a few Yrs back that was listed at 238 min but ended up as faded shorter 1974 version.
It'll be great if it is 238 min or even if one of the Kapoor brothers is present at the screening so that we can get clarification and possibility of restoring the original cut.

-------------------------------
The same applies for Mera Naam Joker that's listed at 224 min but says "New Film Print", nearly 4 hours. We know, the orig version was 4 hrs 15 min.

-------------------------------

From memory, Sangam is screening July 3, MNJ on July 29.

--------------------------------

Lets see what we get at TIFF

-----------------------------------

Posting the same in SANGAM thread and in MERA NAAM JOKER THREAD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:12 pm 

Hi All

Its been a while, i was just catching up on reading some posts and i stumbled across these mp3 cd's, it was quite interesting to notice that these 'Film Combinations' have some songs that i have never seen on CD;
from Sangam ' I Love You' by Vivian Lobo, not sure if this was on the original LP soundtrack:
http://www.rhythmhouse.in/Detail.aspx?productListing=98441

The Film Combinations Series
http://www.rhythmhouse.in/Search.aspx?query=Film+Combinations&fmt=0&srchCat=0

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next