It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:03 am 

Rana try this :-
http://www.indofilms.com/home....uage=16

It says BABA DIGITAL..but from the cover it looks like a genuine EVP DVD :gob: !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:00 pm 

Thanks sknath for the links.
Before ordering, I would like to verify if what I have, is really different than the genuine EVP release or if the new release is better.

DRAGUNR2, (or any one else) CAN YOU HELP me in this.

ARADHANA:
What I have is,
- Single Sided Single Layer DVD and therefore Bit Rate is bet 2 and 4.5.
- EVP is imprinted during the whole length of the movie.
- Menu shows Main Feature, Chapters, Coming Attractions, Songs Video etc but only the “Main Feature” and “Songs Video” are accessible.
- Step-by-Step, it flashes STEP 30 times in one second but the picture changes only 24 times. 6 repeated frames do differ from the repeated frame in term of noise.

KASHMIR KI KALI
What I have is,
- Single Sided Dual Layer DVD.
- Menu shows Main Feature, Chapters, Coming Attractions, Songs Video, Subtitles etc but SUBTITLES is not accessible.
- Step by Step: Flashes STEP 30 times in one second but the picture changes only 24 times. 6 repeated frames do differ from the repeated frame in term of noise.

ALL OTHER EVP Hindi DVDs that I have:
- 24 steps per sec.
- Single Sided Dual Layered
- All menu functions are functional

Thanks.

Rana

Edited By rana on Aug. 16 2002 at 09:46

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:02 pm 

One more Question!!

Rana/legend/ganti/nath!!! :baaa: ;)

PQ of EVP...AMAR PREM and PREM KAHANI???? :vsneaky:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:12 pm 

Both are very good. If we rate BKIR and Dharamveer both at 10, then Amar Prem and Prem Kahani is at least 9.5.

Note that I am talking of those EVP releases that didn't have subtitles. If in the later releases they maintained the same standard, I can't say. I will rate my doubtful copy of Aradhana at 4 and Kashmir Ki Kali at 7. Also, in comparison, EVP's Evening in Paris (from songs video) at 10 and DEI's Evening In Paris at 10.25 only because of it's better color balance.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:19 pm 

Sorry Arsh,
I don’t have the Evp dvd’s you mentioned above. Other than some Telugu EVP titles, I have watched Dharmveer long time ego which I thought was quite good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:22 pm 

I am kinda ??? Rana!! ji! whether..to go! or wait!!till let DEI resurface as BEI and do their left over jobs! as redone by DEI are marginally, better quality transfers any ways! :baaa: ;)

I guess, matter of time? and patience! ??? how muchhh?? :vsneaky: :ffs:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:30 pm 

rana wrote:
Before ordering, I would like to verify if what I have, is really different than the genuine EVP release or if the new release is better.

ARADHANA:
What I have is,
- Menu shows Main Feature, Chapters, Coming Attractions, Songs Video etc but only the “Main Feature” and “Songs Video” are accessible.
- Step-by-Step, it flashes STEP 30 times in one second but the picture changes only 24 times. 6 repeated frames do differ from the repeated frame in term of noise.

My EVP Aradhana:

-Single Sided Dual Layer. I don't know what exactly the bitrate is but I'm sure it is higher than 2 to 4.5.

-The EVP logo is imprinted throughout. It is translucent and it is stored on the disc as a subtitle track, not on the image itself. There are no English subtitles.

-Main menu shows Play Title, Coming Attractions, Chapters, Cast, Songs Video, and Songs Audio. Coming Attractions has the original theatrical trailers for "Amar Prem" and "Mera Gaon Mera Desh." All are accessible. The chapters aren't "real" chapters, but some weird encoding thing. All the EVP discs (and DEI "Anand") have this type of chapter encoding.

-It takes 24 steps to advance to the next second. Using this crude method, it is indeed progressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:40 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
rana wrote:

ARADHANA:
What I have is,

My EVP Aradhana:

-Single Sided Dual Layer. I don't know what exactly the bitrate is but I'm sure it is higher than 2 to 4.5.

-The EVP logo is imprinted throughout. It is translucent and it is stored on the disc as a subtitle track, not on the image itself. There are no English subtitles.

-Main menu shows Play Title, Coming Attractions, Chapters, Cast, Songs Video, and Songs Audio. Coming Attractions has the original theatrical trailers for "Amar Prem" and "Mera Gaon Mera Desh." All are accessible. The chapters aren't "real" chapters, but some weird encoding thing. All the EVP discs (and DEI "Anand") have this type of chapter encoding.

-It takes 24 steps to advance to the next second. Using this crude method, it is indeed progressive.

Dragun tell me if you can go through all the menu functions... In my DVD of aradhana i can only go to play movie or songs audio but not the rest...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:59 pm 

Sknath, I can go to all of the menu options.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:07 pm 

Well then in that case ur DVD is different from the one I have

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:09 pm 

rana wrote:

ARADHANA:
What I have is,

KASHMIR KI KALI
What I have is,
- Single Sided Dual Layer DVD.
- Menu shows Main Feature, Chapters, Coming Attractions, Songs Video, Subtitles etc but SUBTITLES is not accessible.
- Step by Step: Flashes STEP 30 times in one second but the picture changes only 24 times. 6 repeated frames do differ from the repeated frame in term of noise.

ALL OTHER EVP Hindi DVDs that I have:
- 24 steps per sec.
- Single Sided Dual Layered
- All menu functions are functional

Thanks.

Rana

Thanks DragunR2 for clarifying this.
Obviously, sknath and I, both have either a pirate or inferior version of ARADHANA.

Can any one clear the doubts about KASHMIR KI KALI??

Thanks.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:10 pm 

Can u guys, post the covers of Different, so called EVP versions u have lols!! :baaa: ;) :vsneaky:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:10 pm 
Site Admin

There screen shots of Dharam Veer EVP DVD here;

http://www.zulm.net/modules....order=0

..plus Barsaat ki Ek Raat (originally posted by Faddy on the old forums);

..BTW I've been trying to get hold of this DVD for sometime now but to no avail.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:14 pm 

Hmmm! i personally, like DHARAM VEEER pQ better than BKER!??? :baaa: ;)

BTW! did faddy say? BKER had true 5.1 DD sound as mentioned on specs by EVP! :vsneaky:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:16 pm 

Dragun can you tell us where u got this DVd from ? I may be interested in buying this dvd also

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next