All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Waqt DVD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:15 am 

Hero wrote:
sengh_15 wrote:
Hero wrote:
Hmm Raaj Kumar, Sunil Dutt, Shashi Kapoor And Balraj Shani..Dekhni Parhegi

Yaar it will be a crime not to!

But What Kind Of Film Is It???Drama??Romantic??Typical 70's??
Looks like one of Jeffrey Archer's novels is inspired from Waqt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:18 pm 

This is on Amazon Prime - with a run time of 2 hours 12 mins. Not sure why the films on there are completely butchered.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:52 am 

Meri Awaz Suno on hotstar is a toned down version too

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:40 pm 

Jasoos wrote:
Eros B.R. Films Collection
178 mins
NTSC

Hmmm!
5668.6 meters = 207 min.

Most DVDs are 178-179 min
Moserbaer, mentioned in this thread is 186 min.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:33 pm 

Sony MIX channel broadcasts the songs of this film from a remastered source, time and again. Despite this, there's no essence of a restored version of this film.
Shemaroo did Waqt in the past, and the DVD was pseudo-progressive. The other versions, as far as I remember were most likely field averaged (and 4% sped up).
I have never seen this film and have chosen not to until a good-looking scan of the film surfaces online on either Netflix or Amazon Prime.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:56 pm 

1-3 years ago, when lots of bollywood blu rays were being released, WAQT was among the upcoming blu rays at the website:
http://bollywoodbluraydvd.com/#

But, just then, they mostly stopped releasing bollywood blu rays. Later on, no new or upcoming bollywood blu rays showing up on that site. Looks like, blu ray business is dead. But, HD (1080P, 4K) films or film songs keep coming out on the internet. Most likely, Waqt HD video is in the cans somewhere. There are many bollywood films on youtube that are lot better than their DVD releases.

(Was pleasantly surprised to find 3 of my fav Rajkumar songs in 4K, while it's DVDs were all crap pq. Many song videos are in 4K on youtube).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:32 pm 

Ragz wrote:
Sony MIX channel broadcasts the songs of this film from a remastered source, time and again. Despite this, there's no essence of a restored version of this film.
Shemaroo did Waqt in the past, and the DVD was pseudo-progressive. The other versions, as far as I remember were most likely field averaged (and 4% sped up).
I have never seen this film and have chosen not to until a good-looking scan of the film surfaces online on either Netflix or Amazon Prime.

To be fair, if you are going to wait for this to surface on Netflix, I think you'll be waiting for a very long time - the only older Hindi films I recall seeing on Netflix are those produced by Eagle Films. Waqt is on Amazon Prime, but is significantly cut.

And Rana ji, with regards to bollywoodbluraydvd - that was Jolly's site - they used to announce anything and everything as releasing on bluray, most of the news from that site was fake!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:16 pm 

bhaskar wrote:
And Rana ji, with regards to bollywoodbluraydvd - that was Jolly's site - they used to announce anything and everything as releasing on bluray, most of the news from that site was fake!

I relied on that site a lot and obtained almost all Bollywood BRs mentioned as released. Only, in the end, the forthcoming releases never surfaced as the companies put brakes on Blu Rays. I think, the reason was low sales that were partly due to piracy. And now, so much is available on youtube in HD, Blu Ray market is essentially dead.
But, I still prefer Blu Rays and don't find Youtube versions stated as 1080P as good - youtube ones are neither that good nor that complete. For Bollywood content, I suspect, the so called 720P content is mostly sourced from 480i, 1080P from 480P DVDs AND the 4K content is sourced from 1080P Blu Rays. (1080P Blu Ray 40-50 GB and 4K youtube 0.5 GB ??)

I'm still interested in keep acquiring Bollywood Blu Rays but hardly I find the release info in time. By the time, occasionally when I find a Blu Ray released, it's already sold out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:44 am 

After a long wait, Waqt is finally available on Amazon Prime in re-mastered form:
https://www.primevideo.com/region/eu/de ... share_cu_r

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:20 am 

Ragz wrote:
After a long wait, Waqt is finally available on Amazon Prime in re-mastered form:

All these films on Amazon Prime, are basically Blu Ray material, some did release as Bluray and some didn't as the disc market collapsed. Waqt, Rajkumar (Shammi Kapoor) etc many films are there, all much much better than any of previous DVD releases. Many songs of Rajkumar and Waqt (and many others) also made it on youtube in 4K (I'm sure upscaled to 4K for posting purposes, not real 4K source).

Last edited by rana on Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:29 pm 

[size=150]Few comparisons with Shemaroo(Top) & Moserbaer(Below)[/siz:e]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:15 pm 

rana wrote:
Ragz wrote:

All these films on Amazon Prime, are basically Blu Ray material, some did release as Bluray and some didn't as the disc market collapsed. Waqt, Rajkumar (Shammi Kapoor) etc many films are there, all much much better than any of previous DVD releases. Many songs of Rajkumar and Waqt (and many others) also made it on youtube in 4K (I'm sure upscaled to 4K for posting purposes, not real 4K source).

Oops! Only Waqt is not available for my region. Others are. Generally good prints. (4:3 are presented in 16:9 by chopping off top & bottom)