It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:16 pm 

flop :bangbang:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:12 pm 

Saw the film and I agree with Ali Ikram's assesment: Damn the love story. I didn't expect this film to be a great classic or anything, just a decent entertainer. So on those levels, the film did fulfill my expectation. What is unfortunate though, is that the movie had a potential to be a lot better than it was. If they had explored the uncommon relationships more and given less screen time to the love angle, the movie would have been a lot better. Govem that, the movie is still better than the likes of MDK, MDTD, CMS, etc. So it's an ok timepass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:57 pm 

I saw DHT over the weekend and really liked it. Yes, the story wasn't anything new and none of the songs were memorable, but it was fun to watch. Mainly because of Preity Zinta who was great in the lead.

The DVD transfer wasn't THAT bad. Especially when compared to OM JAI JAGADISH which I watched part of after and is just a terrible transfer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:13 pm 

I saw this movie the other day and kinda liked the 2nd half only. I agree preity zinta and rekha make this movie very watchable not to disregard mahima who was kinda nice in her role. I think the film could have been a lot better if they hadn't concentrated on that apple factory issue that portion seemed to drag on and on and made u feel very bored.... also jimmy shergill was wasted.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:07 pm 

Besides a LOUSY dvd presentation by TIPS!

I must say! DHT is a FINE film to watch, in FAMILY DRAMA GENRE and is Quite enjoyable with REKHA/PREITY and MAHIMA all BRILLIANT to watch!!

Music is just OK!! in the film, and goes well with the film, except, thrown in FIRST SONG! between ARJUN/PREITY on the way to DELHI!!

Arjun Rampal and SHERGILL, with their kinda roles, are OK too, no SHAKES!

BESIDES..clichy, trying to be too FORMULA plot! DHT is atleast one time DEKHO film, for people who like FAMILY DRAMA, and a MUST for ALL, REKHA, PREITY and MAHIMA fans!!
ALL RAMPAL's GAL fans, wont be disappointed either..This DUDE!! does have UNTAPPED potential!

DONT let DVD to hold you..CURSING TIPS!

BTW!! TIPS songs DVD with Makings..does any body has experience with QUALITY of that DVD? ??? :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:39 pm 

Could someone please confirm for me if the DVD of Dil Hai Tumhara has real 5.1 sound. Also what is the aspect ratio of the video?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:13 pm 

The DVD does have real 5.1 sound, which is pretty dynamic like the previous Tips releases. I don't remember the exact about the aspect ratio though (something around 2.2x or 2.35); Arsh should be able to help with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:37 pm 

I think, AR 1.85;1, non anamorphic widescreen, true DD 5.1 sound..look at screen shots!
Ali, pls. confirm? ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:13 am 

Thanks for the feedback guys.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:56 am 

Picked up Madhu DVD recently. It's better than the Tips DVD (2002) release. Madhu version is anamorphic and picture is sharper and colors pleasant.

Film CC = 5046 meters = 184 min.

Tips as well as Madhu, both DVDs are 183 min and are Field Averaged. This is one rare DVD where Film to Video conversion seems to be "Film to NTSC to PAL and then to to NTSC again ".
(As it's field averaged, it must have gone thru 24 to 25 conversion. And, as DVD run time is same as Film time, original conversion must have been Film to NTSC ??)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:10 pm