It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: K3G__LET THE HYPE BEGIN
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 1:01 am 

DVD OF THIS EPIC COULD BE DONE BY ANYONE AS LONG AS GOOD OFFER IS GIVEN......YASH RAJ DO NOT HOLD THE RIGHTS TO THIS FILM. BUT DUE TO SONY BACKIN OUT LAST MINUTE WILL DISTRIBUTE THIS FILM FOR FRIENDS DHARMA PRODUCTIONS

Anyway the film was censored some weeks ago at a running time 3 HOURS 21 MINUTES with 3 cuts by the censors in INDIA...THE 3 CUTS WERE#

CUT NO.1....HRITHIK ROSHAN DOING PUJA AT THE TEMPLE IN HOUSE WITH HIS SHOES ON
CUT NO.2 THIS ONE WILL DISAPOINT MANY..A SCENE FROM A SONG WAS CUT AS THE DANCERS UNDERCLOTHES WERE VISIBLE
CUT NO.3..THIS ONE MAKES NO SENS..SHAH RUKH KHAN SHOUTHING GHANA KHATAM HUAN..(SONG HAS ENDED)

WORD IS SHAH RUKH KHAN WHO I DONT LIKE HAS STOLEN THE SHOW HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE EVERYONE..

RAKESH ROSHAN AFTER VIEWING THE FILM SAID THAT THE FILM WAS FABOLOUS AND THAT KARAN JOHAR (THE GAY) HAS EXTACTED TOP PERFORMANCE OUT OF EVERYONE IN LIGHT OF THIER ABILITIES ....BUT IT WAS KAJOL WHO HE THOUGHT STOLE THE SHOW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 1:14 am 

DVD will most likely be done by Yash Raj as film politics dictates this most likely. BTW where did you get info to the censor cuts? Sounds quite interesting.

I also think the running time is waaaaay too long, like Mohaabatein. Only hope the director knows what he is doing and doesn't fall prey to exhibitors complaints who will cut the films themselves to make more money...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 2:03 am 

If someone were too offer good money to dharma productions for the dvd rights of the movie mr yash johar woul be inclined....They are taking a big risk releasing this movie even the distributors in india have been given this movie on a commission basis....The runnig time of 3 HR 21 mins is of the film after being censored ...Thereafter Karan Johar could still cut off portions if he wishes to

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 2:10 am 

Information below is ripped from http://www.radiosargam.com/

------------------------------------------------------------
WE AT RADIOSARGAM.COM GET TO SEE KARAN'S K3G
Nobody can stop it from becoming a hit.

There are directors and there are legends. Karan Johar could easily belong to the second category once his second film after Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham releases.

Well, we managed to see seven reels of the film and let us say it is mind-blowing. This film is so big, so huge, so terrific, that it will blow everyone away.

No one, believe us, no one can stop the film from becoming the biggest hit ever in the history of Indian cinema.

Even if the film does not run for long the world record, 700 prints that the film has come out with is enough to take the film along. No one can stop the film for running for a year with ease.

Apart from the big six -- Amitabh, Jaya, Shah Rukh, Kajol, Hrithik and Kareena, even Rani Mukherji has dished out a very sensitive performance.

But then, if one person emerges the winner in the film, it is no one but Kajol. She has given a performance that can easily get her the national award.

And the man responsible for all this is Karan Johar. Kudos to him...

Date: Monday, December 3, 2001 3:48 PM
Source: Radio Sargam News Desk
------------------------------------------------------------

bottom line they have also indicated that KAJOL is the true star of the film.

Reflection
Image Aks
There is a stranger in your mirror

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 2:21 am 

DVD_C,,, I wouldnt read much into that. remember what happened..to Yaadein ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 2:37 am 

Quote:
DVD_C,,, I wouldnt read much into that. remember what happened..to Yaadein ?

true, true (sknath)...but i guess i'm a sucker for these things, especially since i'm a big fan of kads, and i don't turn my head when i read good things about her. :p

Reflection
Image Aks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 8:59 am 

Vajpayee watches K3G

Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, L K Advani, Sushma Swaraj and Amar Singh were among those present at a special screening of Karan Johar's Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham in Delhi. The film's producer Yash Johar, actress Kareena Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan, Shah Rukh Khan and designer Manish Malhotra were also present at the show.

The PM was most taken up with Shah Rukh's dialogue in the film, which refers to him. SRK also presented the first copy of the book, The Making of Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, to the PM. While the book will be released on December 9, the film will hit theatres on December 14

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:01 pm 

December 14!!! man that is next week and I have no money....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 6:39 pm 

Quote:
December 14!!! man that is next week and I have no money....

Who says you need money? Just walk inbetween the rush! Me and a friend of mine did it when Ek Rishtaa came out. The theater was so jam packed, we practically walked into the cinema hall between a bunch of crowd. :p

Reflection
Image Aks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 7:11 pm 

well no matter what this film will not have the debacle of yaadein it has way too much star power and hype surrounding it which will be enough to have this film declared a hit.. but yeah whether it will be a mega mega hit like the other films in the past by the same team well then we dont know....