It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:22 pm 

I got the copy but the disk does not contain the DEI logo like the one in this review.
http://www.zulm.net/modules.php?op=modl ... e=&order=0
The print quality is terrible. Washed out colors and mostly noticeable DVNR artifacts. Did I get a pirated copy?
Nastik and Tridev are not that good either. Yeh dillagi looks better than the rest.

How do you guys know if it is original or duplicate if disk cover looks original? Do all of the disks contain some kind of numbers of names like DEI or movie name? (Numbers on the inside of the disk around the hole)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:52 pm 

Come on guys. Ali, Arsh, Rana, Sknath or some one please tell me that my disk is pirated. Or other wise the original is this bad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:04 pm 

OK,I don't know if this helps, but here goes.

The Sharaabi DVD which I have only has the Eros logo on the cover - no DEI, but no B4U either. The disc says only DEi on it - no mention of Eros, and it has a PG certificate on it. The numbers on my disc are IFPI LB76 89022808 on layer 1 and IFPI LB76 89021710 on layer 0. The picture quality, disc and cover are the same as of those in the screenshots shown in the preview.

Edited By bhaskar on 1032289950

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:16 pm 

Thanks for the info Bhaskar. I will check for the numbers. My disk cover seems like same as yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:00 pm 

Sorry! ganti, I'll update u very soon! But let me say! these RELICAS are creatibg horendous confusion! :baaa: :bangbang: :ffs:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:01 pm 

Hi Ganti,

Sorry, I couldn't respond so far as the DVD is at home and my net access is at work some 35 Km away. I did get my DVD in the last 2-3 months. I don't remember the details, but I did check the PQ with an earlier purchase and had found no difference. I will let you know further details tomorrow.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:07 pm 

Unfortunetly I have the B4U version, which I got for free so cant complain, but to help you...alot of disc say ERO$ all over the cover but on the back it states Authored By: DEI. Hope that helps. I have Chandni which states ERO$ but in the back in small print it says Authored By: Digital Entertainment Inc. I will try and take a digital snap shot and upload it here it that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:14 pm 

Thanks Arsh and Rana. And I can wait for your input.

Legend,
This DVD also says authorized by DEI on the back cover just like Chandini. But this PQ is no ware near to chandini. In fact it does seems close to Sholey quality. May be a tad better than Sholey( DEI).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:37 pm 

My copy has DEI on the Disc.
Cover states "Authored by DEI", but no DEI logo.

PQ is usual DEI, is progressive.

Bit rate is bet 4 to 7, as normal for DEI dual layer discs.

Run Time is 2 hr 56+ min.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:59 pm 

Rana
Quote:
My copy has DEI on the Disc

Yours is different than the one I got. But how do you rate the PQ when compared to Soldier, Raja or EBDM?

One more observation regarding the replication of the DEI disks. It seems like most of the first generations disks of DEI/EROS does have DEI name on the inside of the inner ring (There are some exceptions). And present wave of disks from Indiaweekly, Indiancdstore or dvddhamaka does not have the DEI name on this inner ring. And I certainly believe the quality of this batch is not as good as the earlier batches. But I can't prove, as I don't have the same disks from different batches.

I have done some more scanning of the disks I have.
Some DVDs from DEI/EROS that are scored below average: Nastik, Tridev, Zanjeer, kareeb, Sharaabi along with Sholey and DeshPremi.

Edited By ganti on 1032368430

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:22 pm 

Ok, yaar GANTI, opened my DISC too!
Firstly, this DISC on the back will tell u authored by DEI,
DISC has picture it self with DEI logo on dat!! kinda looks replicated!

back of the ring, just says SHARAABI lo! no DEI or any numbers! I am positive, it MUST BE REPLICATED!
But now the GOOD SHIT!
PQ is VERY GOOD, at least! like NAMAK HALAAL or more imho!
If u want pick ur scenes, I'll send u shots!
No way it is like SOLDIER, that DVD is altogether a GEM! IMHO, but SHARABI is V GOOD! :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:42 pm 

Thanks Arsh miya,
Looks like you got same disk as Ranaji. My DISC also says authored by DEI. At least your disk has Sharaabi on the inside ring. Mine does not have any name except some numbers. I am not sure how does it fares against Namak Halaal. Let me check this evening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:50 pm 

Ran! ji! give us ur opinion, COMPARATIVE! Sharabi, VS NAMAK HALAL,..Raja! I have not opened yet!

KHAL NAYAK, is MIND BLOWING transfer!
Soldier is EXCELLENT!
YEH DILLAGI is quite gRAINY! also, DUPLICATE!

I am just talking abt PQ here not SOUND!

SHARABI is WAY, mILLIONS better than SHOLAY by DEI! period!

If u want I can compare with another DEI title for UR satisfaction!

NOW, let me tell, u, my recent two purchases, TRISHUL, by DEI, and DEEWANA MASTANA by VS are both REPLICATED from RENOWNED on line retailors!
It is replicated, bADLY written on them, but PQ is as GOOd as ORIG, I have compred!

DEEWANA MASTANA's sound and subtitles etc are way better than orig VS/SD version, no SUB TITLES and 2 channel sound version..GET new DEEWANA MASTANA! better SOUND and feature! :baaa: ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:00 pm 

Arsh,
I think YEH DILLAGI and Duplicate are way better than Sharaabi. I do remember YEH DILLAGI has DEI name on the inside ring. Can you check yours?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:12 pm 

I kind of agree with Arsh’s comments about various PQs.

As far as my judgment on PQ, as I stated in the other thread (Faroudga), I and one of my friends did rate PQ for 10-15 familiar DVDs on a 32 inch TV but later when I viewed them on my High Res PC screen, I got some surprises. I will have to sit with my friend again to sort out those PQ scores, jointly, for PC-DVD. The surprise, that I still have to sort out, was that JUDWAA which didn’t look too bad on my 32 inch TV looked worst on the PC screen despite being progressive. I was expecting an improvement due to Progressive encoding.

I am not too sure about Arsh’s “Replicated by wholesalers” comments. If they are true, then I think we have some influence over those wholesalers that Arsh was referring to. We must insist that they use better media instead of using cheap (silver) media. Cheap media saves them only a few cents per disc. All the problems that we have been experiencing (freezing, skipping, longevity) can be credited to inferior blank discs. May be, these are not replicated discs, but just that the source company has authorized these wholesalers to mass produce these DVDs. May be this was the reason that in one of the posts by zulm member DEI (later he denied that he was DEI inc.), stated that what media is used is not under their control??

Rana

P.S.
I have RAJA DVD. As far as I remember, it's PQ is similar to other DEI stuff. I will check it tonite and let you know tomorrow.