It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:46 pm 

Rana and Arsh,
By all means my disk does not look good as yours. I don't know what to call this disk. Replicated badly? it still does retain its film mode. Or one more probability may be because of the excessive DVNR it is looking like a video on a projected screen.
You guys are right about Khalayanak and soldier but I can also add Raja to this list. English Babu and Desi Dem and Loafer (Anil) are also good as well.

Rana,
Your observations about the quality of JUDWAA are really interesting. They must be some thing wrong with the way the disk is encoded.

Edited By ganti on 1032382043

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:26 pm 

yaar! come on on a 32 inch picture tube tv, every thing looks good, even a vcd, believe me, torture test on oc hdtv screen or bigger rear proj or front proj set up!!
Judwwa is a terrible, prog film mode dvd!! whatever u say!
rana ji, by no means, a picture tube tv is a good indicator of pq, u go to store they show dvd on picture tube tv, 20 inch or bigger, looks divine, u throw in the system, it sucks, even picture tube tv, does not show artifacts imho!
I'll update on yeh dillagi, ganti, i have both EBSM and loafer, i'll throw all of them together for a spin in my prog scan dvd changer! voala! here r the results..be back soon. :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:16 pm 

Ok! ganti bhaiya!
i checked YEH DILLAGI, is on GOLD MEDIA, but INNER RING says, something like TITLE#02, layer 0, besides, I could not make any thing, COVER and DISC has BIG TIME DEI logo and LOOKS very musc ORIGINAL, I bought it at local store, requesting a USED for DEI sake for the price of NEW over EROS/B4U!
The store, I bought, dont CARRY pirated and were DIRECTLY affiliated with DEI in SACREMENTO, as directly representing their stuff! and I trust them..so being this YD bootleg/bad replica...it will be hard for me to BELIEVE!

Now PQ! issue!!
I agree!! YD has BETTER picture, much higher bit rate hoovering 8ish..up, lol!

SHARABI..still, I will claim, very good picture with kinda 4-6 bit rate!! But looks preety good, beyond my expectations. :baaa:

I'll check next DUPLICATE and RAJA, still unopened! Duplicate, no where, matches..KHALNAYAK! but RAJA? I have to see!

I wish, a DVD will never be ANAMORPHIC and be as good as KHALNAYAK! A wish upon the star!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:48 pm 

ganti wrote:
Rana,
Your observations about the quality of JUDWAA are really interesting. They must be some thing wrong with the way the disk is encoded.

JUDWAA (prog) PQ on progressive set was puzzling me. I was expecting it's PQ to move up comparatively to other interlaced DVDs. Finally I/we sorted it out by correcting picture color settings and it's PQ jumped all interlaced DVDs that I was comparing with. I don't have the list handy with me at the moment, but will post my rankings, hopefully, tomorrow.
As most of the DVDs are the ones, that we were discussing in the FAROUDGA thread, I think I will post my rankings (tomorrow) for interlaced and for progressive sets, in FAROUDGA thread.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:31 pm 

rana wrote:
ganti wrote:
Rana,

JUDWAA (prog) PQ on progressive set was puzzling me. I was expecting it's PQ to move up comparatively to other interlaced DVDs. Finally I/we sorted it out by correcting picture color settings and it's PQ jumped all interlaced DVDs that I was comparing with. I don't have the list handy with me at the moment, but will post my rankings, hopefully, tomorrow.
As most of the DVDs are the ones, that we were discussing in the FAROUDGA thread, I think I will post my rankings (tomorrow) for interlaced and for progressive sets, in FAROUDGA thread.

Rana

Arsh add to that, we did an "apples-to-apples" test for the JUDWAA DVD...alonhg with other DVDs (interlaced)... i.r watching a dvd on a progressive display ( in this case ur computer screen)... With auto select on, you get flickering for Interlaced dvds (including deewana mastana)..while the color may be good... However as Rana said, when we changed the color settings for Judwaa it was very good indeed, (much better than the original settings in which it was encoded).... and it also did not have flickering (due to its progressive nature of encoding).. Which is why we concluded that a badly encoded progressive DVD is miles ahead of a very good encoded interlaced DVD...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:44 pm 

Ok!! let me know Nath! seth! what is that special color setting, that will make JUDWAA with 1-3 mb/sec bit rate, SHINE! on my screen! I would love to c that! lol! :baaa: ??? :oo:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:45 pm 

I just posted my ratings for 23-24 familiar DVDs for 32 inch interlaced TV and for 18 inch PC monitor via Power DVD in the Faroudga thread as we had been discussing these DVDs there.

http://www.zulm.net/cgi-bin....ry20744

Perhaps, it will be better if we continue this discussion further in that thread.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:05 pm 

sknath
Quote:
With auto select on, you get flickering for Interlaced dvds (including deewana mastana)..while the color may be good... However as Rana said, when we changed the color settings for Judwaa it was very good indeed, (much better than the original settings in which it was encoded).... and it also did not have flickering (due to its progressive nature of encoding).. Which is why we concluded that a badly encoded progressive DVD is miles ahead of a very good encoded interlaced DVD...

This is the most important point that makes a progressive dvd differs from a interlaced dvd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:05 pm 

sknath
Quote:
With auto select on, you get flickering for Interlaced dvds (including deewana mastana)..while the color may be good... However as Rana said, when we changed the color settings for Judwaa it was very good indeed, (much better than the original settings in which it was encoded).... and it also did not have flickering (due to its progressive nature of encoding).. Which is why we concluded that a badly encoded progressive DVD is miles ahead of a very good encoded interlaced DVD...

This is the most important point that makes an progressive dvd differs from an interlaced dvd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:37 am 

back to Sharaabi, does anyone no the difference between DEI and b4u versions. Is it the same transfer thats used. On b4U tv channel they showed sharaabi in wider aspect ratio than on a dvd I saw.

Can someone clarify if DEI dvd is cropped and same as b4u.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:36 pm 

if it's a DEI/EROS dvd, then it's probably cropped. DEI didn't start releasing in OAR till after they split with EROS, and same goes for EROS. which is strange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:59 pm 

so which version was shown on b4utv channel which had wider picture?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:19 pm 

most likely their own B4U release. DEI probably didn't release a seperate version after the split with EROS as is the case with mose DEI/EROS titles. DEI doesn't own the rights to those films.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:56 am 

so can someone confirm if b4u version is the same transfer used from DEI but just repackaged?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:59 pm 

I own the Eros/DEI version of Sharaabi; it's one of the best transfers I have (I had to live, for years, with a shitty VHS copy [which actually used to strike me as pretty good — lol]). Try to get it, if you can; I've seen the difference between the Eros/DEI Laawaris and the Eros Laawaris; the latter's not nearly so good as the former.